Ask the Dev Team (old one)

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
Will the Witcher be able to routinely move in 3 dimensions like a normal athletic person? That is, can he jump any low fence or over any low rock, jump up onto any table, walk over and under bridges. I ask because a limitation of the Bioware game engine has been that normal 3D movement has not been possible. For example, Bioware only allowed 2D movement that sometimes looked like 3D movement in NWN and KotOR. Now, NWN2 (using the Bioware engine) also cannot allow realistic 3D movement except as a scripted special movement.

How will the character customization work? It seems that with such a deep story line and a predetermined character from the novels, customization would be limited. However, I think I’ve heard somewhere that one will have over 200 some skills to customize?! What type of skills are we talking here, and what’s with all this vertical and horizontal customization stuff?? Will the game obviously favor a certain combination or focus of skills and you have to figure out what is this certain best way to advance?Will improving your character be limited to strictly your skills or will you get better gear and swords as well? If so, do you have to save up money to buy new better ones, or do they simply improve with more experience?

I am a registered member, but I can't log on to the main site. (Witcher.com). I used to be able to but now I get some boxes on a dark screen and a message to download Macromedia. Whats going on? Why can't I get the home page like I used to?Schalafi

------------------------------------------------------------ --------------------Question for devs : Can the witchers medailon indicate somehow(shaking,glowing eyes,...) that Geralt have to use the silver sword?

The FAQ still has an old posting that declines to speculate on a release date; now that the date is growing nearer, do you have any idea when it might be?

What is the inventory system going to be like? Is it going to be paper-doll style, a la the Diablo series, where you have a certain number of spaces for items, or is it going to be weight-based like the Elder Scrolls series? Or something different altogether?

If you will be running from a monster to the city will it start to kill every1 and everybofy will run away?What happens if you kill innkeeper, trader, lord, king, friend, mercenary or any other human npc? Will they be invulnerable(i hope no) or will they be "revived"(sigh...) or killed 4ever(really sux to lose quests)?

Shrewd said:
If you will be running from a monster to the city will it start to kill every1 and everybofy will run away?What happens if you kill innkeeper, trader, lord, king, friend, mercenary or any other human npc? Will they be invulnerable(i hope no) or will they be "revived"(sigh...) or killed 4ever(really sux to lose quests)?
You can kill every NPC, they won't respawn as far as I know.

Shrewd said:
im asking 'bout the monster
So far, we haven't seen too many monsters in action in the gameplays. However, having read the book, we may expect those monsters to be located rather in a distance from bigger towns or cities. Thwy will be rather located in dungeons, deep forests, swamps and other such places. So the chances of dragging them into city will be rather impossible.As Macell said, you can kill every NPC in the game. However, if you kill for example the king, you have to prepare for facing loads of guards, which you probably won't be able to handle

Hi, I have one design question (hups sorry for my english). How much triangles has Gerald´s low poly model? (I hope that you understand me )

Ok, now that we know the European publisher, I'd like to clear one point. Does this agreement classify Russia as European country, or are we going to see another publisher for Russia, Baltic states and former Soviet Union countries (as it is in most cases)?

In Poland, Czech Republic and Slovakia CD Projekt will publish The Witcher. Publisher for Russia will be announced in about a month probably.

Ksandr Warfire said:
IGN.com said:
Release Date:US: Q2 2007 Europe: May 30, 2007
Is that true?
I asked the very same question on the Polish side of the forum, and Dziadu wrote, that it is NOT the official information, and he has to check where it came from :)

Well, the problem with Bioware titles is simply that, except for NWN, they are not solo games. That means, you play them in a group and not alone. Thats why full 6 axis control is not possible per se.NWN also was a very special product. It was mainly meant to play a PnP rulesystem, DnD, over the internet. Thats resulted in many limitations. Also, 6 axis control is really not THAT useful in a game that is totally under control of rules.P.s.: Sorry, I wanted to write "under the control of roundbased rules".Of course every game is controlled by some kind of rules... but having everything based on rounds really limits what you can do.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom