Asking a question about performance of the game in my PC

+
m not sure where to go guys, im not part of any huge gaming forums so i figured here is my best bet. So hello good people, i hope you are all doing great.So either someone can link me to a website where i can ask for some help, or perhaps you can be kind enough to guide me.All i know is ive been working so i have some money to spend, remember i dont want to spend too much, but not too little either. I have an ATI Radeon 3870 which im really liking but my system is old and im not using my video card to its full benefit. So i need a quad core processor with a new motherboard. This is what im looking at.http://i57.photobucket.com/albums/g225/cdltrdg/GA-P35-DS3PBOX.jpghttp://www.gigabyte.com.tw/Products/Motherboard/Products_Overview.aspx?ProductID=2544Gigabyte p35-ds3pbox.And as for processorsIts either a 2.2,2.4 or 2.6 intel quad core. Together they would cost me like 450$ give or take. What do you think?

Australian prices boards and stuff GA-X48 DQ6 320.00E6850 3.0 ghz 250.00 fsb1333 corsair Twin3x 2048 ddr3 pc10600 198.00 fsb1333 9.9.9-27but it comes down to what u can afford ur price.this would be my upgrade choice, but other people have different idea's.just don't like ur mainboard choice as to some usb has incompatibility problems with some printers and scanners..but thats just me and sli is the way to go........

I really like the MSI P35 Neo2-FR mobo, a great deal for the money:http://www.msicomputer.com/product/p_spec.asp?model=P35_Neo2-FR&class=mb

GA-P35 DQ6 if you can find 1qUAD CORE 2.66 or 2.4 same performance 2.4 overclocks better.. and 100$ cheaperI find p35 chipset faster than the x38 from benchmark performance, just remember ddr1 is not compatible with p35 chipsets ddr2. the p35 chipset is being phased out already to old and some p35 boards are a bit some what drr3 eerrrrrrrrish.....with out bios update. ddr3 only on some p35 boards only if specifiedJust watch ur post for a few days.......you'll get an ideap35 neo2-FR uses j47 cpu caps for easier cooling same as GA-p35 DQ6..nice

Hi folks, first of all i´m not so good at english and also my knowledge about pcs ain´t really big. So don´t diss me for that I´m just a Gamer who wants to play the Watcher but I dont know if it could run on my PC. Thats why i´m posting here. Don´t get me wrong i´ve red the Requirements but i´m not shure if me PC got what it needs. My Laptop has:Windows VistaAMD Athlon 64x Dualcore TK-53 1,76 Ghz895 MB ramGeforce GO 6100thanks 4 ya helpgreetz Klaasic

I built this baby with The Witcher EE in mind.
150g 10,000 RPM Raid Raptor4g DDR800 RAMATi Radeon HD 3870 'Toxic' PCI Express2.4ghz Quad Core CPUASUS P5E Motherboard (LGA775 or w/e socket)And I must say...I am 100% impressed with it. I never thought I'd say this but with the latest Witcher Patch (1.3). Not even in the Trade Quarter does it lag. It hiccups but nothing too severe. And this is on the highest settings (Antistropic Filtering Off because for some reason it makes almost half the world see-through)

Yup, this is a weird behavior of AA... The only thing i see missing would be another Hd, as fast as this one to set the pagefile on :) Awesome work tho :) Moving to In-game tech

Looks to me like you don't have your memory installed correctly for dual channel mode. Should be in the two yellow memory slots. Might want to check your manual on that.

RAM will be your biggest problem. It requires 1.5GB for consistent smoothness. The 6100 will not help at all. At least a 7800GT would be considered a requirement.I play on an Opteron 170 at 2300 (DFI Ultra-D NF4 & 1.5GB DDR400) with an ATI X1950 Pro 256MB PCIE and it only just runs at 1400x1050 with medium details. Your machine will have to deal with a low viewable distance which imo hurts the most.For good gaming at 1680x1050 you'll want at LEAST a C2D @ 3GHz, 2GB RAM & a 9600GT.

LicaonKter said:
what cooler is that?
Sharp looking cooler, huh? I believe it's the ASUS Lion Square cooler. Reaper: How effective is it for cooling with an overclock (or are you overclocking)?

Hey guys,I recently joined this forum and have been enjoying reading all the threads in the site. I have to say, I am a big RPG gamer, and I have never seen game like the Witcher that came close to Baldurs Gate II (my number 1 game in my humble opinion). However, the witcher uses quite a bit of system, and I was wondering if the glitches I see in the game is normal or not. First, here is my system:Intel Core 2 Duo E6600 (factory speed 2.4 GHZ/CPU)MSI 8800 GTS 512 MB (G92)2 GB of Corsair Ram (6400)Hard Drive with 7200 RPM (planty of memory. of course).EVGA 680i motherboardMy rig may not be the top in the market now days, but I think it is pretty good. However, when I am playing my game in full highest setting on 1600X1200 with 16X anisotropic and 4X full scene AA, I get following issues (version 1.3):1. In act 3 of Trade Quarters, when I walk around the street, the lag is very noticeable. I mean, it is still playable and nice, but unlike most part of the game, in which things are almost perfectly smooth, here, now and then stutters. Also, when I enter a building and come back out to the Trade Quarter, there is a long "stunned" pause before I can start moving around the street.2. During the heat of battle (which is totally awesome most of the t ime), I get stutters again here and there. I mean, when it gets to be a very large battle like Act 5, I guess it iust loads on my system too much (do I need more RAM..?). 3. Every now and then, when loading up to a new place, the game exits itself (semi-crash). I have to restart and load from where I have saved.I guess these are the major problems. Do you think this is normal, or am I playing my games on too high setting? Any advise would be helpful. I am sort of a "optimizer." I don't want lags...but I would like some eye candy too 8) I actually tried with lower setting at 1200X1084 or something. But most of the problems still persisted. Thanks in advance guys!

I upgraded yesterday to a 9800gtx video card and now it's smooth, smooth, smooth at the highest res with all the bells and whistles

Man that's nice. That's not my option though..sigh. Anyhow, does anyone else have an idea about what resolution I should be running my game with? Or any tips to improve the performance without sacrificing visuals too much?

It is the Lion Square Cooler by ASUS. And the thing is fucking awesome for CPU Cooling. My CPU is a Quad-Core Q6600 and idles at around 20-25C and while gaming in like Crysis it never gets over 35. And no, not overclocked. There really isn't a reason to overclock at the moment (yet). Every game I've encountered has run pristine.P.S. Thanks for pointing out the RAM was FUBAR. I fixed it last night.

Top Bottom