Big FPS drop after 1.12 patch

+
Is anyone still having the FPS or hitching/stuttering issues? I recently started a new playthrough on 1.12 and I have major stuttering when running from the inn to the notice board in White Orchard. I wondered if it was my save for some reason so I loaded a save I did on a previous playthrough (version 1.08 ), and it is also present and widespread in Novigrad. I have an GTX 760 which was enough to get me around 45 FPS on medium settings. I have had zero FPS or stuttering issues since launch and I have played on every version of the game, except for 1.11 and 1.12.

What I have tried to no avail...

1.) Uninstalled the game completely and installed the latest versions from GOG, and rebooted. My original install was a the launch version, patched each time, so this seemed obvious place to start. I installed Wild Hunt 1.10, 16 Free DLC 1.12, Hearts Of Stone 1.12 and then the 1.12.1 patch. I also rebooted after the install.
2.) Deleted my settings files in Documents as mentioned above.
3.) Made sure the Nvidia Streaming Services are disabled.
4.) I only had the adjustable weight mod installed which I removed.
5.) Set my PhysX setting in Nvidia Control Panel to CPU (it was on GPU).
6.) Downloaded the latest Nvidia drivers (364.47)

I turned all the graphic settings to the lowest possible to see if that would make a difference, and it doesn't, At the lowest possible settings I get 60 FPS in the wilderness, but within the area of White Orchard mentioned above it gets down to low 40s (in some cases high 30s). Walking from side to side or changing direction stutters the game to almost an unplayable level. There is also stuttering in places like the abandoned wood cutting site that was originally filled with ghouls.

Anybody have any other suggestions? I am going to uninstall and reinstall again and try to run the game at 1.10 to see if the stuttering is present. Having not played 1.11 and 1.12 prior to this, it seems the general consensus was the stuttering was introduced in those patches.

Last edited:
I'm on Windows 7 x64 and using the old v355.82 drivers here. No issues with stuttering or hitching, except for a few small areas that seem to sink the FPS no matter what. Try rolling back to those or even v353.30.

The hitching and stuttering has been an issue on the newest (bad drivers) that I updated last night and the previous version which I am not sure the version number.

I will roll back to the version you mention and try that.

Top Bottom