Boat Combat

+
Boat Combat

So I'm still trolling around the game world even after beating the game 60 or so hours ago. Sailing around the islands, cleaning up all of my ? still. And then it occurred to me. Why did CDPR neglect to address boat combat? I guess the way I see it is, you can kill enemies while on Roach, which make's perfect sense, but why not on the boat. I understand it's easy to stop the boat, move around while it's stationary and kill harpies or the other flying monster's that always tend to hang out around "spoils of war" or "sunken treasure", but why wasn't a defensive measure implemented when those monster's latch on to your boat? There are only 4 area's where these monster's are able to latch on to your boat and destroy it, so why not implement an easy way for Geralt to whip out his crossbow and shoot the thing's while still sitting at the back of the boat, instead of waiting for a grudgingly slow character animation where the boat need's to be fully stopped in order to even begin a combat scenario with those said enemies. Some one out there has got to agree with me. I find myself cruising right into the center of a harpy orgy out at sea and end up jumping off of my boat and into the water so I can fight these easily and without the frustration rather than staying on the boat to become frustrated with the amount of room I have to move around and aim my crossbow at these monsters. Just a thought here, :smile:

You can shoot fine while still steering. I think you can only use the auto-aim though, not full targeting. But it always seems to pick the one that's eating your boat.

Top Bottom