[BUG] Roach Missing Mane in Hearts of Stone

+
I noticed that this bug is related to HoS addon not 1.10 patch. Uninstalling HoS brings old Roach in all locations.

I noticed that this bug is related to HoS addon not 1.10 patch. Uninstalling HoS brings old Roach in all locations.
Then we know this was caused by HoS atleast, i didn't know since i started my game right after the patch then the expansion came later but i was still in white Orchard.

I'll wait for the fix, already did some HoS stuff and unsure how uninstalling it and reinstalling it will affect the game!

If you uninstall and reinstall (which doesn't fix the glitch, it just comes back) it doesn't affect the game. If you uninstall and don't reinstall it won't let you open the save file at all.

Anyone heard anything from devs on the issue?

Yeah, I seem to be stuck with creepy shiny black plastic Roach too (on HotS) :D Let's hope they fix this ASAP. Poor thing...

I also have that problem. Installed HoS then started a new game, and got a black horse w/ no mane.

Once I got out of White Orchard, and into Velen, Roach returned to brown with a beautiful full main of hair. Rejoice!

Then once I got to Novigrad, he went back to black, and his hair fell out again. End rejoicing :(

I believe Roach is very embarrassed by his naked head, so I hope CDPR fixes this soon. Please end Equine baldness CDPR.

Last edited:
Same issue here.

I've been through the desert with a horse with no mane.

I am sorry, but I simply cannot comprehend bugs like these.
I have been playing 1.10 with Hearts of Stone for hours and Roach was fine. I called her after the wedding and she was black and without a mane.
Now, if I travel to White Orchard, Roach looks fine, textures and mane are there. But if I go back to any other region, she is bugged again.
Mods that replace Roach do not work.

WHY?

How on Earth does the region affect the look of Roach? Why are the game assets so intertwined? Why do we have to deal with annoying little bugs like these?

I really like Eastern European developers like CDPR and Bohemia Interactive, as another example. They truly make great and ambitious games. I just love the fact that in Witcher 2 and 3 farm animals behave like they do in real life, because the devs are not metropolitan shut-ins, who only had the chance to see a chicken in KFC, BUT my God, Eastern European devs have problems with coding game engines and ironing out bugs. Not that Bethesda is any better, but still.
Don't take this the wrong way, I am from Eastern Europe myself, and I love this game and CDPR, but sometimes these little, puzzling and immersion breaking bugs can get really annoying.
I wouldn't mind it much, if there were frequent hotfixes, instead of gargantuan patches every few months, that may or may not fix specific bugs.

Last edited:
Not that Bethesda is any better, but still.

Do you know how many programmers from Eastern Europe works in Bethesda and many others western developers, Microsoft etc. ? There is nothing important where they came.

Do you remember how buggy was and still IS Assassin's Unity, Rome Total War - 10 months after premiere and sieges were completely broken and unplayable !

Last edited:
They downgraded roach for the console to keep that 30 fps thats why they removed the mane and make it black, brown and hairworks cost to much fps, no i am just joking hopefully they bring back the orginal roach lol.

Have you tried restarting your GOG Galaxy client or did you buy it from Steam?
Think i already figured out the problem, im playing on PS4 and i gotta say, playstation is really, really bad when it comes to adding DLC and patches in time, so it's gotta be that.

---------- Updated at 05:43 PM ----------

Have you tried restarting your GOG Galaxy client or did you buy it from Steam?
Think i already figured out the problem, im playing on PS4 and i gotta say, playstation is really, really bad when it comes to adding DLC and patches in time, so it's gotta be that. EDIT: im double posting for some reason

Think i already figured out the problem, im playing on PS4 and i gotta say, playstation is really, really bad when it comes to adding DLC and patches in time, so it's gotta be that. EDIT: im double posting for some reason

Yeah, you have to wait for Sony to process and verify the patch, and I think we're all double posting right now.

Top Bottom