BUG: The not-so majestic Whale sigthing - animation bugged

+
BUG: The not-so majestic Whale sigthing - animation bugged

I was quite disappointed when I first encountered a whale on the sea, as it's animation is completely bugged and wont play fluently.
They emerge then the animation freezes for a disturbing amount of time, then it continues , freezes again. The whole sequence plays in like 3-4-5 really choppy parts

I was quite disappointed when I first encountered a whale on the sea, as it's animation is completely bugged and wont play fluently.
They emerge then the animation freezes for a disturbing amount of time, then it continues , freezes again. The whole sequence plays in like 3-4-5 really choppy parts

I have this problem too. Also, the sea water in The Skellige Isles is flat. The boat moves straight in it, without any physics.

Yep. Me too. Was wondering if this was a thing. Do we have anything in common?

Me: PC, ultra, NVIDIA 970. Windows 7. Although actually, I can't see how this would be relevant.

Hmmm.

Are you playing with Water Quality set below high? There's no water simulation on medium/low Water Quality.

No, it's on Ultra. According to responses from another thread that I created, it's "normal" when the weather is clear (i.e. not windy, raining, etc.). Hard to believe that it's as intended, considering how flat and bad it looks... CD Projekt Red should take a look at Grand Theft Auto V on PC to see how to see how oceans should be done.

Same problem whith the whales' animation and the flat ocean in The Skellige Isles with the 1.08 version of the game.

When are you going to take care of this CD Projekt Red?

It has been 3 months now since the game came out and this kind of immersion breaking bugs are still not corrected.
The same with NPC clipping at 2 meters of Geralt...

Adding new features like New Game Plus is great but some people like me are still waiting for you to take care of this kind of things to simply start a "simple" New Game for the first time and so finally enjoy your game...

NB: I can talk about these bugs because I use downloaded savegames to test the game...

Sandis

Forum veteran
1.31 and whale bug still exists, it's not fixed, CDPR please address this bug, please!...

I reported this problem one month ago. and other serious bugs. it's good game, good story but game play experience not that good. it's very buggy.

P.S. Hope CD project could check and test this game throughly. Please put your emphasis on the witcher 3 rather than the card game because it 's the main body. the card game is just a subsidiary, without the main body the rest are nothing.

This is something I used to see occasionally, then it stopped. I have not been playing too much lately, but I didn't notice it from 1.22 onward. I'm guessing it may be data corruption, but it sounds like people are seeing exactly the same thing...so...hmmm. Can everyone also make mention of what platform they're using?

I reported this problem one month ago. and other serious bugs. it's good game, good story but game play experience not that good. it's very buggy.

Tip: If you want a quick response, stick to 1 issue per ticket. If you make a laundry list (which I know seems logical and helpful) it actually delays your ticket. ALL those things need to be officially addressed before the ticked can be closed. Keep your text as brief as possible, too. Writing:

"Whale animation seems to pause incorrectly when playing. Save included."

...is way more effective than...say...some of my own, more"detailed" posts on the forums. :blushing:

Also, et al

This is a cosmetic issue, and as such will likely be low on the priority list. Feel free to send in tickets, though. The more that appear, the better the chance of gaining attention.

Top Bottom