Bug Tracking Megathread

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
Format: PC, GOG version
Patch 1.07
Quest: The Beast of White Orchard
All current DLC installed.

When I reach the point that vesemir tells me to make the Thunderbolt potion, with tutorials turned on, the game tells me to hit backspace and then instructs me on going to alchemy to make the potion. However, after the potion is made, I am stuck in the crafting menus and cannot return to the game or anywhere else for that matter. The only thing that I can do is to cntrl+alt+delete and end task on the Witcher 3. If I repeat this step of the quest without tutorials turned on, vesemir just gives me the potion and i dont have any issue in the crafting menus. Please fix.

Ever since 1.07, I believe I've been getting higher CPU usage and lower GPU usage around some places in Novigrad. :/ Hope this gets fixed, my i7-4790k gets pushed to 100% in these certain places.

Attachments

• BETVzmm.jpg
    BETVzmm.jpg
    266.4 KB · Views: 59
Just installed everything on Windows 10 clean install. Updated fresh drivers with DDU. Only thing I'm noticing is some stuttering in windowed borderless mode.

Cave of dreams bug in 1.07

Hi everyone,

I could not find if this is already known or not but there's a new bug with the quest "cave of dreams" since patch 1.07.

If you didn't complete this quest before completing the "king's gambit" quest, the "cave of dreams" quest is not failed as it should.
Currently, you can select it but there's no waypoint and you can't go on with the quest because Lugos is dead.

I guess the "fix" that is supposed to prevent this quest to be marked as failed when beginning "king's gambit" even if you already completed it just prevents it to be marked as failed when it should too.

@Zeffenn
Did the Alchemy Pinning tutorial appear by any chance? In this game, tutorials are modal (that's GUI designer speak for stuff locks you out of the program until you deal with it) and there's a bug that causes this tutorial's "appeared" state to reset whenever the game is loaded from a save or you open the Character screen. It needs two space bar presses to exit and is really annoying. Already sent a direct report for this and I hope they'll get it in by this patch.

Potential bug with Ursine gear and stats.

I do not know how many have already reported such a bug or if anyone else even has it, so I shall just write this here, just in case. I noticed something, while using the Enhanced Ursine gear: the Adrenaline Point gain did not appear to be working properly. It takes around 8-9 light attacks to gain one AP(Adrenaline Point), alone. So I did a small test. I started fighting an armored arachas(level 26) with the Enhanced Ursine set(as level 25 Geralt). It took around 9 light hits to gain one AP. The next time, I took the entire set off and used a different silver sword. The results were pretty much the same: 8-9 small attacks to gain a point of adrenaline. As I have seen in a video, how fast the AP stacks up on a basic Ursine set, this leads me to believe that there is a bug with this. A related thing I once saw, was that inserting Perun runestones to the Ursine swords would actually decrease the AP gain stat. After a bit, I also happened to see my stats in the menu, where almost everything is listed(the damages, resistances and etc.). I noticed that I had 20% experience from humans and nonhumans, which makes no sense. The Enhanced Ursine steel sword only gives 5% experience from them, but since I also have the equivalent silver sword, the 20% that I should have for monsters has been transformed into the former, instead. Another possible stat bug seemed to be with the trophies. I have a Nekker trophy, which grants 5% chance to find extra herbs. In the stats, however, it shows me that there is 0% chance to find extra herbs. I do hope that I am not the only one experiencing this, as it would mean that my saves have broken or somesuch. Although I would not want this to happen to anyone else.

Portal for Kaer Morhan ruined watch tower no workee. Geralt just falls through, luckily the first time I somehow slid down to where I needed to be, but subsequent tries ended up in a dozen Geralt splats.

Yen and bed

Hi, I think I found a little bug, too.
I used a savegame where Geralt didn't have sex with Triss in the prolouge of The Witcher 1.
But in The Witcher 3 Yen destroys the bed in Kaer Morhen and tells Geralt, she did it cause Geralt had sex in this bed with Triss.

How is the Last Wish bug not on here, been around since release.

Completely Last Wish properly, quest marked complete, then going on to Ugly Baby quest, when talk to Stablemaster Last Wish becomes failed...for no reason.

So after the upgrade to 1.08 on my PC, the drowners are jumping into the air on death. I have the game set on max graphics, all 15 current dlcs are installed.

So after the upgrade to 1.08 on my PC, the drowners are jumping into the air on death. I have the game set on max graphics, all 15 current dlcs are installed.

Monsters flying in the air after being killed have been in the game forever...

When Geralt aims and throws a bomb, he sometimes throws it in the opposite direction, which means behind him or sometimes on him. This is more common with some bombs. Please fix bomb aiming.

Confirming bug, soldier statuette. The quest shows up near end game, when final preparation man quest starts. You talk to Triss, you go to the house and she says "lets begin" but nothing happens, quest remains open indefinitely. This quest was working fine for me in previous patches. PC version

Old Pale Quest
I have to meet Vernon Roche in his cave. He is there near the fire but cant talk and play gwent. I cant talk to him
Im on PC with 1.08 installed
Please confirm if its a bug or if theres a workaround.

The invulnerable wild hunt minions are back, final mission, on the way to board the ship, can't damage them. Thought this issue was resolved?

When Geralt aims and throws a bomb, he sometimes throws it in the opposite direction, which means behind him or sometimes on him. This is more common with some bombs. Please fix bomb aiming.

This happens when you come out of inventory having equipped a new bomb and throw it without moving first.
Take a step and he will throw the bomb correctly.

Not saying this isn't a bug, and not saying that it doesn't need fixing, but there is a working method that can avoid you needing to see this again. (unless you forget ~ it does happen to me, even now, but very rarely).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom