(bugged quest) - it takes three to tango

+
(bugged quest) - it takes three to tango

I'm stuck with the main quests almost at the end of the game. The quest is called "It takes three to Tango". /!\spoilers/!\ The famous scene were Geralt believes he'll get a threesome with Yenn and Triss. The problem I have is that I can't get in the room. First off, there's is no marker on the map so I had to find out online where to go. I found the door and when I knock, Geralt says that he forgot the wine and he should try to find a merchant nearby.
I know several people also have this bug and I've read MANY forums about this. What works for others doesn't work for me. I bought wine from the merchant north of the tretogor gate. Didn't work for me. I bought all possible wine from all merchants in Novigrad.
FYI, I used to have the marker for that quest at the beginning but I think I might have done something that created the bug. Instead of following that quest, I chose the other main quest where you follow avallac'h through all the portals. During that quest I almost died in the fog and the cold so I used up all my food including the wine. At some point when drinking the wine, I noticed the quest "It takes three to tango" was updated. I didn't really care at the time. I was too busy trying not to die. But I think i might have drunk the wine I was supposed to bring Triss and Yenn. This could have created the bug. Anyway, I kept playing several hours before realising that problem.
Now in the quest log, the line "rendez-vous with Triss and Yenn at the..." is red as if it's failed. And it just says I should bring some good wine.
Honestly I've run out of options and out of money buying all the possible wine and every thing that even looks like wine. Nothing happens.
what's crazy is that it prevents me from continuing the main quest. This sucks. Why can't Geralt choose not to meet with Triss and Yenn and just go on with the story ?
Please help. I love this game but I don't want to start all over...

Last edited:
if the mission is failed... it's failed for good.

The mission is not failed - further progress in the game is blocked by this quest being bugged. I have reached this point as well, and cannot apparently continue in Final Preparations until this quest is resolved. So my game, which seems to be almost complete, is a write off, unless and until this bug is fixed. Very disappointing, since this is so pivotal and reasonably widely-reported.

[EDIT] I was able to progress this by patiently walking around outside the door. My problem was just not being able to see a very small sweet spot for the Knock prompt. A big relief.

Last edited:

Lilayah

CD PROJEKT RED
Hello guys!
We are working on the fix to this quest, where wine wasn't detected in the inventory. Please stay tuned!

Stay tuned?....I also am at the point where there is no progression because of the wine purchase from the Kingfisher barkeep does not register..though I have bought enough to supply the province. Very disappointing...that means this play through is a total write off. Bugs that impede a single quest usually do not bother me that much....you can bypass them...but ones that stop the main quest ..not amusing at all.

Last edited:
I have same problem, i'm very dissapointed. I have enjoyed this game very much, until this bug happened. Now i have played side quests, but it isn't same as the main quest. I hope next patch will fix it, because i dont want to start again.

Top Bottom