Camera Stutter Master Thread - Share your info

+
the same here on PS4, big problem of stuttering, but no need to move the camera to have this, just walk cause stuttering, it's worse when we walk with the horse, i am not a pro in technical issue but it don't seem a fall of fps, it's just like a micro freeze, each 3 second or each second on horse, i see digital foundry test and wee see a 29 -30 fps variation constantly so this is maybe the reason.

Same problem here. Xbox One, digital version installed on external 1tb drive. Stuttering video on the intro and stuttering movement when panning the camera in gameplay. It so bad that I stopped playing the game after 10 mins as it just ruins the experience for me.
Will seek a refund if we don't get any acknowledgment of the problem and that it can be fixed.

Bump, I can see RED replying to other bugs but not this one, could someone just confirm you're aware and you're working on a solution?

an ETA would be nice too!

yeah thats all i ask for too, that way i dont have to constantly have to keep coming here and checking, i paid for this fking game, it doesnt look good for us does it ? its like theyve seen the thread and completly ignored it, if it was going to be addressed in this next patch theyd surely have said so, not good at all.

Those on PC try fiddling with input or any other control scheme settings in the game's ini's. (or XML)

I have had no luck so far.

Blimey,experienced my first crash.Anyway,it appears to be more than just the camera,the animations of moving in general
or not all that smooth in particular the horse.It becomes worse while using the camera though.

Last edited:
The text over NPC heads moves around at a different pace to the camera, and also skips frames.

:hmm:

yeah i noticed that too, also thought it was funny when i uploaded video to youtube and youtube said the video was very shaky, would i like it fixed or something lol

I've just sent a support request. Can't play any further until the issue is resolved.

Very distracting camera judder. See my PS4 video:

https://youtu.be/TdJmVm836Js

This is not a framerate issue. Many PC users running at a constant 60 fps with vsync locked/unlocked have also reported the same stuttering, wether using a pad or a mouse. Happens on X1 too.

Same issue, PC GOG version. Latest update.

I can't stop noticing it and I literally had to stop playing as it was driving me insane.

Edit: I'm not sure if this is part of the same problem or a different one entirely, but the camera seems to lag/stutter whenever I'm walking slowly or riding Roach slowly, as seen in the PC videos.

Last edited:
I noticed the issue as soon as the first cutscene started, i played a little of the tutorial segment but the constant stuttering from panning the camera slowly really put me off playing until it's (hopefully) fixed.

Well, looks like the forums crashed :)

Anyway, got a very nice woman from support to answer, and she at least confirmed the upcoming patch is for all platforms. She could not confirm if the camera issue was included, however.

Anyway, thanks all for your info.

[PC] Could someone from the devs please acknowledge this issue and confirm it's going to be fixed? This camera juddery was the first thing I noticed in the game when I first time launched it. Can't play it like this.

I just heard back from the nice lady at support, who confirmed to me that the dev team is looking at the issue.

Unfortunately - and this is just my opinion, so let's not jump to conclusions or raging at CD Red - that would suggest that there is no fix for it, yet, and the upcoming patch will not fix it.

Let's all hope I'm very wrong...

well 1.03 didn´t fix this issue, I´ve kept playing with different in game graphic options and Nvidia´s control panel options but nothing seems to help with the stuterring camera turn.

Just downloaded the latest patch and can confirm it has not been fixed, at least on my end anyway. Panning the camera still causes the same annoying effect that it did before, and the hitch/stutter when strolling around with roach is still present too.

Well... so much for hoping for a quick fix. And still no devs addressing the issue directly.

I am frustrated, yes. I pre-ordered and paid and would've loved to play it. But I'm also a bit disappointed at how it was and still is (not) being handled...

I think it's fair to ask why this game was delayed so much, when released so buggy?
Still not playing it, the stutter/lag ruins the experience.

And what about all the reviews?
What about the devs, atm not acknowledging the problem?

I'm deeply concerned about this, and all of those just accepting it.

Weekend is coming, game has been released, but not playable.
And we are talking PC plus consoles, not just a single platform.

I would say that i wasn't expecting this from RED.
i was expecting something a lot better.
All those saying the delays would be worth it.

I just HAVE to say LOL.

It worries me that there are many many people not even noticing the issue, perhaps they don't have it but I highly doubt it, how can people not notice it? I was really looking forward to a weekend of playing but alas looks like I'll just wait for the next patch. =[

Top Bottom