Cannot load module - invalid IFO file

+
SOOOO, when i started playing the first witcher i made a goal to finish it. Now i cant because of this stupid IFO file. im on chapter 4 and am going in the salamandras base in the sewers with the knight. I cant find any fix to this which is why im posting this. Please send help if you can, thanks,

you can try this. I know this is from Windows 7 but newer OS`s should operate in about the same manner.

There is an issue known as the IFO module error, you get that error when trying to to change zone (mostly in chapters 2 and 3).
To fix this, you need to make some changes to your OS in order to view certain files
If you are under 7, go to the control panel and look for folder option, click the View tab. In there, look for "Hidden files and folders", click on show hidden files and folder. Next look for "Hide protected operating system files", uncheck it.

Now, start the game, and load your savegame ( normal savegame, not quicksave or autosave ). Once it is loaded, press ALT-Tab to get out of the game, go to the following folder:

Windows 7: C:\User\<your user name>\AppData\Local\The Witcher\temp\saves\<name of your loaded savegame>
In that folder, delete all the files that end with the .SAV extension.

Then go back in the game, move around a bit, save your game and reload it .

Don`t forget to go back to folder options and uncheck the items that you made the changes to.

Top Bottom