CD Projekt RED: Cyberpunk 2077 is 'far bigger' than the Witcher 3."

+
That was from 2013. Anything could have changed since then.

Probably not since the game is based on Cyberpunk 2020.

Also:
"There are lots of cyber games around, but there’s not a lot of punk in those games. We want to put more punk into ours. We do not want to make a dark and hopeless world. We are not doing Blade Runner. It will be full of rock and roll."
https://gamerant.com/cyberpunk-2077-story-customization-blade-runner/

I think it'll be somewhat like Hardware (that they cited as their influence, among other), something pretty "rock'n roll", colorful, and bigger than nature, but at the same time, pretty "noir" and gritty.
Well, something as Cyber than Punk, (which is kind of a pleonasm when you talk about Cyberpunk)

Mike Pondsmith sold his right to them (and of a licence he cherish and want it to be fleshed out as good as it can be), CDPR guys seems like long time fans, the trailer they made fleshed it out so nicely, also, they're at work on it since 2013, doings projects, concepts, etc...

I doubt, given the work they put into (and their respect to source material they always show) that the "feel", the 'style" and the "attitude", changed much... It'll stay Cyberpunk in all it's glory, no matter what.

Now, I really think that they DO struggle with game design things, like gameplay, etc.... to be able to make it possible, but I'm not worried about how "Pondsmithian" CP2077 will be.

CDPR is in a position where they really can flesh out a crazy-punk-noir-cyber game like Cyberpunk 2077, without being bothered by censorship or whatever.

Last edited:
Better >>>> bigger. I prefer CDPR sticks to better. TW3 already has shown what happen to the game when it's too big. The last part of the base game was horribly put together due to the rushed development.

Better >>>> bigger. I prefer CDPR sticks to better. TW3 already has shown what happen to the game when it's too big. The last part of the base game was horribly put together due to the rushed development.

Bigger doesn't always mean the size of the world. Cyberpunk obviously is "bigger" than Witcher 3. Many complex classes compared to predefined Geralt, more complex gameplay/rpg mechanics. Futuristic city which requires much more assets than woods and fields from W3, military vehicles.. First person/third person. Good balance between quality of graphic and the amount of FPS in Night City.. Its hard to make good looking dense open world city etc etc...

Cyberpunk most probably will have much smaller world, but hopefully we'll be able to explore Night City vertically :) .

I don't know what to say about multiplayer. It kinda makes me shiver. I'm hoping they either put a lot of effort into it or not do it at all. We all don't want it to become another MMORPG or GTA Online.

I never played GTA Online before, so I have no knowledge about its entertainment aspect or its acutal quality. Is it really that bad?

I never played GTA Online before, so I have no knowledge about its entertainment aspect or its acutal quality. Is it really that bad?

It all comes from experience. First, you have hackers who put themselves in advantage and start killing you endlessly, completely ruining the experience. Second, you have everyone playing the game like counterstrike, destroying each other. Everyone is at each other for the leaderboard, so there's a lot of exploit going on. Overall, it's not a very good experience for me and I simply got bored of it. GTA Online was simply the singleplayer with minigames and leaderboard.

It all comes from experience. First, you have hackers who put themselves in advantage and start killing you endlessly, completely ruining the experience. Second, you have everyone playing the game like counterstrike, destroying each other. Everyone is at each other for the leaderboard, so there's a lot of exploit going on. Overall, it's not a very good experience for me and I simply got bored of it. GTA Online was simply the singleplayer with minigames and leaderboard.
That pretty much sums of my experiences with PvP MMOs ... and why I no longer even bother with them.

It's around 110 km2. And much much much dense and vertical. In terms of sheer assets it is far bigger.

About size and document

The Witcher 3 and Cyberpunk have differences in the technical composition of scenarios. The Witcher 3, so to speak, has many extensive 'painted' scenarios (literally speaking and with brushes - using trees created in Speedtree - software - I have it or similar version which the CD has). This makes composing scenarios into extensions, also so to speak, easier and more flexible. Cyberpunk, on the other hand, is more challenging, as every detail, from the smallest to the largest, has been intensely measured, worked on.

Sofwtares can create urban scenarios at random, but not as detailed as we see in Cyberpunk - they create their 'base', but they don't end it. This work is purely manual, artistic and involves many. That was one of the biggest difficulties in Cyberpunk, creating a perfect city in the smallest details. The second was to make it renderable in real time, for PCs and consoles, safeguarding all its peculiarities of polygons and textures (and there are many, I say).

Cyberpunk also has remote areas where we don't find something common in games, even the most current ones, that is, the 'copy / paste' - I don't mean that in a negative way, but it is a resource that is used in this medium of games (industry). Everything is thought millimetrically in Cyberpunk.

To this day, I follow game developments, one of them is Star Citizen and the engine they use (based on CryEngine). They managed to build a tool for random buildings (procedurally created) and even so, it goes through the sieve of constant finishing for refinement.

Cyberpunk is impressive in everything ...

Top Bottom