CD Projekt RED has published their official statement about the leak of The Witcher 2 presentation movie

+
This is a video on an Alpha version made 6 months ago? And it looks like that? ... :eek: I'm speechless!The witcher forum lives again, can't wait for the avalanche of posts and comments and the ever funny replies of Eriash and Tom (if he's still around).

quoting TOOL: Holy Fucking Shit!How come this alpha looks better than official Dragon Age Origins material (at least to my eye!)? And we got dragons as well ;POn Geralt: now he looks as I always depicted him reading the books, the armour I'm not sure, but the hairstyle is perfect! HA! :) Geralt always wore some headband or a strap prior encounters with monsters...and now he looks more threatening than ever!On gameplay: I hope when encirceled those dumb asses wont wait dancing around as they do in the movie! I expect that they'll hack witchers back indiscriminately as soon as chance occurs.Now I have something to really wait for in the gaming :D

Well whats to say? Some pretty cool news! Finally some real signs of The Witcher 2!It actually looks like you guys at CDPR have outdone yourselves, for an Alpha-version it looks pretty amazing - congrats! :eek:I personally like the darker look shown in the video, seems like a "War-time-scenery" - especially Geralt, with the new cloths and changed hairdesign, looks even closer to the novels descriptions than before. Congrats on that aswell! (Only thing missing now, would be the headband - but he didnt wear it all the time, so thats fine with me... :p )I just hope you guys try out a more independent story this time... Dont get me wrong though - I loved the first Witcher-game! (One of my favorite RPG's afterall!)Though it had various elements, that resembled the novels story a bit too much - for my taste. :peace:I myself would like to see Geralt take a hunt for his past, trying to find out what happend to him and his friends at Rivia. Maybe in a long sidequest? ::)(...wouldnt mind to see Yen aswell sometime in the game - buuuuuut well see...) ;D For now the video - even if released unintended, looks really promissing to me! Go on like that and The Witcher 2 hits the 1 million copies inside a week! :D

the captain looks like the tech demo character:

Guys If I would get a job at your offices I would fly over there in a heartbeat.Two things about the video -1. Did you guys change Geralt's voice? I really like the original voice actor, make sure you re-use him for the sequal.2. I bought the first game 3 times. Once Special Edition, once Enhanced Edition and once on Steam! You have my money locked in for this baby, that's for sure.It's nice to see a gaming company who try to deliver a product that they themselves would want to play. Rather than rush something out and try maximize profits.You guys are the best,Keep up the good work!

I only hope, that the game will not require "ass-kicking" computer... If it only was "a bit" more than first part required...

Looks very impressive for a alpha build!I hope that the new feature of NPC's reacting to things around them as demonstrated when Geralt knocked down the barrels is implemented with the enemy AI so that I cannot kill them 3-4 at a time by drawing them away, and not that far away, from where there buddy's are.I hope that they release The Witcher 2 without DRM as is now becoming the norm. Otherwise it will be a very difficult year to wait for the non DRM version.Cheers,Teddy Bär

PeteAgas said:
1. Did you guys change Geralt's voice? I really like the original voice actor, make sure you re-use him for the sequal.
No, if you look one page back, you 'll see Eriash' answer. This voice we hear in the video won't be the final. :)

You know, that video was such a tease, talking about all the cool new things in development :D I can't wait to hear what's under the hood; all the changes to the game engine, the processes involved in stripping back to position zero (from a development point of view) and developing another game, what was changed/updated/tossed/kept from the first one, engine details and what they will mean to the game mechanics... what can I say, I'm an Atomican through and through :beer: and a sucker for the details.In the meantime, though, I suppose I'll have to content myself with watching the pretty, pretty video. Oh well, it's a tough life, right? :D

DragonX1979 said:
I just hope you guys try out a more independent story this time... Dont get me wrong though - I loved the first Witcher-game! (One of my favorite RPG's afterall!)Though it had various elements, that resembled the novels story a bit too much - for my taste. :peace:I myself would like to see Geralt take a hunt for his past, trying to find out what happend to him and his friends at Rivia. Maybe in a long sidequest? ::)(...wouldnt mind to see Yen aswell sometime in the game - buuuuuut well see...) ;D For now the video - even if released unintended, looks really promissing to me! Go on like that and The Witcher 2 hits the 1 million copies inside a week! :D
They wil deprive Blizzard of power with quality 8)I don't think there was too much resemblance with the novels. It was a self-contained adventure in the envrionment of the witcherworld.

PetraSilie said:
They wil deprive Blizzard of power with quality 8)
Not to mention time-management. I am still waiting for SC2 ever since the Millennium Edition of Windows came out ;D ;D

56236 said:
Not to mention time-management.
Guys...guys...you are forgetting Blizzard's meaning of soon[sup] TM[/sup]. ;D (sarcasm)I would be content if they took their time and made this. I prefer quality over a rushed project. After all, it is the quality of TW that makes me play it over and over again. There are a few other games I play that that (NWN2 and Baldur's Gate, for example). Yet, my playthroughs of those games do not number my playthroughs of the witcher.

Darksavior said:
Darksavior said:
Not to mention time-management.
Guys...guys...you are forgetting Blizzard's meaning of soon[sup] TM[/sup]. ;D (sarcasm)I would be content if they took their time and made this. I prefer quality over a rushed project. After all, it is the quality of TW that makes me play it over and over again. There are a few other games I play that that (NWN2 and Baldur's Gate, for example). Yet, my playthroughs of those games do not number my playthroughs of the witcher.
You said it, I just can't repeat my wanting the quality over quantity when it comes to games. DO NO RUSH!! Although, I cannot wait for it to be released, man! Bit of a contradiction there. :peace:

I haven't posted here in a long time, but now I just have to say: CDProjektRED, that's AWESOME! :eek: Please take your time and finish the game completely this time (no EE), and consider the implementation of the quick time events, we don't really need them...(if you just implement them into the boss battles, I could grudgingly accept them, but if the whole game will be plastered with these abominations...).

I'm always glad when I stop in here!!! I'm sorry someone leaked the vid...but then again, I'm not! Now I know they're working on it and that makes me very happy!!! :DIt looks fantastic, thanks CDPR!!! I was just contemplating another play through. Talk about inspiration.

Ailarlan said:
I haven't posted here in a long time, but now I just have to say: CDProjektRED, that's AWESOME! :eek: Please take your time and finish the game completely this time (no EE), and consider the implementation of the quick time events, we don't really need them...(if you just implement them into the boss battles, I could grudgingly accept them, but if the whole game will be plastered with these abominations...).
You said it. No-one feels the need for overdoing QTI's, though members are still deliberating the complete removal of them. Now, of course, I am against this... anything new is welcome by me. :peace:

Darksavior said:
Guys...guys...you are forgetting Blizzard's meaning of soon[sup] TM[/sup]. ;D (sarcasm)
Methinks you're thinking about CDRealms and Duke Nukem. ;DSo finally it is more than an hope. Personally, I think the quicktime events could be made to work well. On the other hand, it could mess up the system.The outcome of a fight shouldn't rely on the player's ability to click in the right time (wait a second....).It should be based on their preparations and the difficulty the player has chose. Perhaps that would be an idea, the lower the difficulty, the more events. But as I would like it but it is an idea.I'm honestly not really worried about the quality and time for the game. I recall planning to buy the game in a September, and then it was changed to spring/summer the next year. That and the way the game turned out show me that the developers are willing to take the time to make the game good. In addition, having had an huge success with the first game, I doubt finding a publisher will be too hard. But then, what do I know?Forgive me for a second, I'm turning my center for logic, reason and control of for a second:THE WITCHER 2!!! HELL YEAH!Thank you, I'm fine again now.

PetraSilie said:
PetraSilie said:
I just hope you guys try out a more independent story this time... Dont get me wrong though - I loved the first Witcher-game! (One of my favorite RPG's afterall!)Though it had various elements, that resembled the novels story a bit too much - for my taste. :peace:I myself would like to see Geralt take a hunt for his past, trying to find out what happend to him and his friends at Rivia. Maybe in a long sidequest? ::)(...wouldnt mind to see Yen aswell sometime in the game - buuuuuut well see...) ;D For now the video - even if released unintended, looks really promissing to me! Go on like that and The Witcher 2 hits the 1 million copies inside a week! :D
They wil deprive Blizzard of power with quality 8)I don't think there was too much resemblance with the novels. It was a self-contained adventure in the envrionment of the witcherworld.
Well, in part I tend to agree with you. The Witchers main plot and most of the sidequests are unique and merely continue the witcher world and the relations within...On the other hand, things like the apperence of yet another Source, becoming the "diciple" of a well known witcher and a sorceress (if chosen in the game), while being hunted by an evil mage and his gofers...Doesnt that sound slightly familiar? :pAnd what about the Professor? Somehow he seems like a mixture of Rience and Ralf Blunden (aka the Professor) from the novels. :hmmm:Of course, for someone that hasnt read the novels those resemblences arent a big deal. ( If, one realizes them at all)Though for someone that has read the novels - or is still reading them like me, they might get a bit obvious from time to time.But as I said, thats just my opinion - and it doesnt change the games quality nor the good job CDPR has done with the game. :)Afterall I cant wait to get my hands on "The Witcher 2 -Assassins of Kings"! :DBtw. What abt the missing sword-sheaths? From the video it looks like they still arent planned to be implemented? Cant be that hard... :'(
PetraSilie said:
PetraSilie said:
PetraSilie said:
Why not just cut the hair?
Go wash your mouth out with soap, for suggesting that! :whatthe:
You speak the words of wisdom.
I totally agree! - Cut the hair? :whatthe: Oh my oh my... Dont let Sapkowski hear that! Shame on you! ::)

Top Bottom