CDP- Does the PC EE have the new lighting seen in the 360 screens?

+
CDP- Does the PC EE have the new lighting seen in the 360 screens?

As taken from here. Because it looks really nice, but I know it'd look crazy good on PC.

and there's more in the article. I figured this would be a pretty easy question for you guys to clear up if you happen to see it.

Also if you're feeling particularly helpful, could you tell us if the new lighting fixes the shadow "dither" effect. There's better examples but you can see what I mean on triss's face here. It's most noticeable in Flotsam. You'll need to zoom in to see it.

The lighting looks real dumbed down on the 360. I.E. The screen with Bolton of Ironford, doesn't look as "powerful" as on the PC version. o.o But, thats just my opinion.

I don't get it. A lot of people are talking about this, and I simply can't see how the 360-version has better lighting. To me it looks noticeably poorer and feels more shallow overall; not as rich and effectful. I wonder if I'm just confused, and if I'm missing something, but the PC-version screenshots look clearly better, to me.

That grainy shadow thing drived me insane last year. No way to get rid of it since its engine based. I think thats why they implented Übersampling in the first place. It reduces that effect a bit.

Kindo said:
I don't get it. A lot of people are talking about this, and I simply can't see how the 360-version has better lighting. To me it looks noticeably poorer and feels more shallow overall; not as rich and effectful. I wonder if I'm just confused, and if I'm missing something, but the PC-version screenshots look clearly better, to me.

You've got to look past the downgrades they had to make for the 360 version and imagine the different lighting with the already great looking PC version. So no, I'm not saying the 360 screens look even nearly as good as the PC ones, but their lighting is way more interesting.

Complistic said:
You've got to look past the downgrades they had to make for the 360 version and imagine the different lighting with the already great looking PC version. So no, I'm not saying the 360 screens look even nearly as good as the PC ones, but their lighting is way more interesting.
Sorry, but I feel the exact opposite. The lighting is way more interesting in the PC screenshots - it has more nuance and depth - and I'd bet part of my left pinky that this is mostly due to the removal of various post-processing effects and filters for the 360-version.

Wow, that would be awesome if cdpr will enhance lightining and the worst part of grapgics in witcher2, shadow transitions.

Kindo said:
Sorry, but I feel the exact opposite. The lighting is way more interesting in the PC screenshots - it has more nuance and depth - and I'd bet part of my left pinky that this is mostly due to the removal of various post-processing effects and filters for the 360-version.

Well on the 17th you'll get to see it on PC.

Xbox screens look better. Lighting looks way more realistic and darker - like it should be. I hope this new lighting will be in PC version of Enhanced Edition! :)

Optimal would be that PC still uses its high quality lightning, but it has been fine tuned. Meaning they went through the game and looked at the lighting at all locations/scenes and changed anything that looked odd.

And yes, I hate the net shadows the PC version have

I dont think anyone want the xbox lightning tech, but the tuning they done to the scenes so characters dont look out of place in scenes etc.

Complistic said:

This!

Complistic said:

Um, no! If Alan Wake was to somehow grab that lantern it would be instant game over, and that house looked like it was on fire from inside. Light the candle in complete darkness, and see the way it casts light.. In the game that little light source has the intensity of car headlights.

Okay, someone in another forum posted, that some retailers are already sending out Enhanced Edition PC copys and he managed to get his already. He posted screenshots and: No, the lighting hasn't changed on PC.

I have a strong feeling this new lighting / color hue scheme will be present in the PC version as well. The first screenshot is obviously more vivid in the Enhanced Edition (assuming the PC screenshot is non-EE). I do like the original somewhat extreme color saturation. It went well with the overall theme, but I don't mind the new one either.

Aesieru said:
Not to be nitpicky...

But LIGHTNING is this:

http://images.nationalgeographic.com/wpf/media-live/photos/000/002/cache/lightning-over-water_270_600x450.jpg

and LIGHTING is this:

http://www.lightsbylighthouse.com/images/led-lighting2lrge.jpg

Best of both worlds!

Top Bottom