CDPR Just Hired MODDERS to Help Fix Cyberpunk 2077 & Add Mod Support

+

"CDPR JUST HIRED MODDERS TO HELP FIX CYBERPUNK 2077 & ADD MOD SUPPORT"

That's fantastic. Seems they're gonna assist putting together the rest of the mod-kit. Hope JB Third Person View mod finally gets a decent skeleton, and maybe more animations in general. Also, the rendering of face items and headgear in third person.

Good move. Nothing but good things will come out of this, I'm sure.

Frankly, considering Vattier's answer, I don't get why this thread isn't closed down.

It was obvious from the get go the title was clickbait. No modder has ever been hired to "fix" a game.

The official word is out and it's clear. Improving tools is the only objective at this point. Everything else is pure speculation. Temper your expectations. Heck, lower them. Don't expect any particular level of mod support. Especially not for consoles.

And in what world is this a negative thing?

Working with CDPR without a doubt means MUCH better access to resources, information, and whatever else is needed in creating modding tools.
Plus, the modders hardly would have agreed to this working together if they thought it would affect them negatively.

If it brings positive PR to CDPR (which naturally is a good thing) then it also brings positive attention to the modders involved. Both parties benefit, as do players who use the mod tools. Players who do not use them, whether by choice or because they cannot, are unaffected.

No one is negatively affected.
(Except people who believed the clickbait and are now disappointed by the truth -- but that's on them for trusting typical clickbait.)
You're really into that clickbait thing, did anybody else other than you even mention it in this thread?
What I'm saying, and what you conveniently happened not to quote is that the work has already been done and now it just gets rebranded as "officially CDPR approved".

Here's the thing - my argumentation goes beyond that and builds up on previous events and cuts into several suboptimal outcomes, that have been happening over last months. I'm not very keen on getting my effort marked as off topic and deleted before anyone can read through it - so i don't bother.

did anybody else other than you even mention it in this thread?
Completely irrelevant. What matters is that it was and that anyone can now, in light of the official CDPR statement, see that more than clearly.

is that the work has already been done and now it just gets rebranded as "officially CDPR approved".
Just as much a negative thing, i.e. not at all. Again, the modders get positive publicity because their work is officially approved.
Calling that negative just means you don't want the modders to get recognition.

You're still disregarding the fact that they agreed to work with CDPR, too. A pretty significant fact, that. So, I'm done here.

God damn, I was right next door modding DOOM xD oh well. Congrats, I hope things gonna go smoothly.

I did uninstall. But I am hooked I am relactant to launch any other game, HOW? WHY xD

Best of luck CDPR

Yea sounds like a great choice. Aint no easier way too get content into your game tbh. Hopefully the tools will be easy too use and good without having too bolt on too much(thinking scripting trough custom exe and other things). It might still come tho, but will probably be hard too get for consoles if they can get a deal on that with sony/microsoft. I see no real downside with it tbh, good choice!
The good things is that Bethesda set a workable and acceptable method with Fallout 4 that even Sony allowed.
And with that precedent as a possibility it might make small mods like a custom vehicle skin or a custom clothing/body style possible for consoles also.
Which for me would be sufficient.

With regards to the tools. one can hope.
If it follows the creation kit (fallout 4) or something such as that which allows someone like me to understand something of what I find, then there's ample oppertunity of making some fun things.
But we shall see, no game is alike and thus no modding kit is, and it'll need learning to use them. Here's to hoping it'll come with some easy(er) to understand interface :)

If I can make mods for fallout and Starcraft, I should be able to learn CP77 when it comes :)

"CDPR JUST HIRED MODDERS TO HELP FIX CYBERPUNK 2077 & ADD MOD SUPPORT"

That's fantastic. Seems they're gonna assist putting together the rest of the mod-kit. Hope JB Third Person View mod finally gets a decent skeleton, and maybe more animations in general. Also, the rendering of face items and headgear in third person.

Good move. Nothing but good things will come out of this, I'm sure.
A lot of the animation stuff has been figured out already, it's just going to take a little more time.

Congrats to the newly hired, but I can only imagine what I'd feel like if the company I work for hired 4 semi-amateurs (no matter how good they are) to fix my mistakes...

Look at Moritz Baron (rfuzzo) and his colleagues on yigsoft.dev, check their work a bit and their enthusiasm, I am sure you will think that they can give a lot and good to the project. Either finishing creating the official mod support, reviewing and correcting bugs in the Red Engine that they will be able to see when they work on it, developing new functions, etc.

It was said months ago that CDPR had begun to make important changes within the organization after the disaster and they are working on it. Firing, reorganizing, hiring and it's clear they want Cyberpunk 2077 to shine even brighter and secure its future as a successful franchise. That they go very slowly ... well yes, since we should see faster advances and news more frequently.

CDPR is made up of people and we all make mistakes, we sin of ambition and they already know which path they should never take again to guarantee the future of the company and the satisfaction of the players.

Sometimes you not only have to have knowledge and experience in a work team, you also have to have passion for what you do and these yigsoft people have it, you cannot doubt it by looking at their work.

If CDPR bets on them, it is because they have every reason to rely on this team of talents to advance on the path that everyone asks, improve the game and fill it with much more content.

We should not see it as a bad thing because it is not, it never rains to everyone's liking but this decision must have a unanimous YES from the player base that supports this new franchise.

Last edited:
You must criticize the bad decisions but support the good ones, it never rains to everyone's liking but this decision should have a unanimous YES from the player base that supports this new franchise.
What? I've never criticized CDPR for hiring these modders.

Does this mean that we will get a new REDkit ? Great News btw :)

(We NEED a new REDkit to create new quests and levels. The Witcher 2 REDkit is getting outdated (It's basically REDengine 2, an engine from 2011). The new REDkit will help CDPR to recruit new people just like how TW2 REDkit helped them to recruit new employees to work on TW3 and it's expansions).

Last edited:

Pufty

Forum regular
This for sure is good news. I don't expect anything anymore, but I just hope modders are a stroke of good luck CDPR needs to dig themselves out of the bugs and seriously dig into actual revamp depths

View attachment 11249803

Here's the screenshot for people who might not want to watch the video.

I'm not as optimistic as the video maker. I do not think they're hired to "to help fix the game". From this screenshot I can only guess that "backend work" along with "official mod support" could mean a few things.

My best guess is that either the tool will stay unofficial and they'll develop an entirely new tool with CDPR's help or they'll integrate Wolvenkit as an official tool. And "backend work" is something I guess means that they're either gonna work on making mods integrate better with the game itself -- or that mods can be even more expansive through altering the backend.

Less hacks, more official compatibility, that sort of stuff. I doubt they're gonna be doing much patch work. CDPR probably was already planning on doing something official with mods and this is just an easy integration for them.

Exactly.

This community doesn't fail to surprise yet again, no matter what happens anywhere near CDPR and Cyberpunk 2077 there's always a subset of the community that either hypes everything up to outer space or dooms and glooms their way to dragging the devs or the management through the proverbial dirt, no matter how small or insignificant the event may be.

This is my take as well, CDPR never released a comprehensive mod kit for their engine before, so having the main mod team behind the community accepted WolvenKit collaborating with their own technicians behind RedEngine to better understand the community wants and needs regarding modding access to the underlying works without actually providing the base RedEngine source code itself - which in turn would be useless to most modders out there.

It's a collaboration between two entities, one representing CDPR and one representing the modding community, it's as simple as that.

No they weren't hired to fix the game or to provide a helping hand to the less than capable developers, even less so to create some masterful complete overhaul to everything in the game that will in turn expand the whole thing into one's fantasy wishes.

Stop hyping yourselves up and stop jumping to ridiculous conclusions which in turn denigrate the developer's good names for the sake of ''sticking it up to the man'' or to the ''complainers''.

Peace out.

Top Bottom