CDPR trust poll - do you believe we'll have the patch today?

+

CDPR trust poll - do you believe we'll have the patch today?

• I believe CDPR. And I don't want to accuse ANYone of lying or Sard will ban the hell out of me.

Votes: 79 19.3%
  • Starting to have my doubts about it :(

Votes: 295 72.0%
  • I love it when Sard edits polls. His well known hatred of free speech is a modern dialectic miracle.

Votes: 13 3.2%
  • Is that..is that a Pony I see?

Votes: 23 5.6%

• Total voters
Lets be honest, 10 years ago you could NOT release a game this buggy, you couldnt patch the console version...ever. I remember how stable games were then, now, EVERY major release has game breaking problems. In any other market, this would be illegal and constitute false advertising. I think they should pass a law preventing companies from releasing buggy trash becuase it fucks over people who dont have access to broadband at home ( still cant get it where i live in tennessee)
I think my memory is far different from yours. I remember visiting Bioware's website every week to get new patches that fixed game breaking bugs for Baldur's Gate 2 up until several months later when they would release *FINAL* patches and then never touch the game again, which required fans to fix the rest of the game themselves (Weidu, etc.). This was before dedicated game launchers/auto-updaters and Steam was a norm.

Yes, The Witcher 3 is a bit buggy, did it ship with game-breaking bugs like almost every other release for the new consoles? No. You still have your occasional "floating prop" and horse spawning in curious spaces and ragdolls spazzing out. We are lucky that we are getting 5 patches in 3-4 weeks after release and many more to come, unlike a certain company that took 5 months to patch their game to a playable state that it's still problematic.

Releasing a hotfix for consoles simply isn't viable because it takes quite a long time for the company responsible for the consoles to authenticate and validate (and it apparently costs a lot of money) so it's simply better to wait to fix a bunch of stuff altogheter.

I cant understand apologists like you. They lied, we recieved a faulty product. It was not ready for release, this shit needs to end. At least i can download the patch on my cellphone,and drag the file to my desktop when i get home, unlike steam,origin,and rockstar social club,but regardless of the increased complexity, games need to be more thorughly tested before release, thats a damn fact.

Can somebody finally ban the OP? This kid only rants about how the game is some kind of "broken" and that he "deserves" an instant patch that will fix every single bug.

Dude, please grow up. You make a fool of yourself and no one takes you seriously.

Funny, tell me, boyo ... how many of your threads broke the silence on an important issue? Let me guess. None. Thread served its purpose.

Thats 1 PC game...i thought it was obvious 10 years ago no consoles had storage capabilities to download patches.

---------- Updated at 06:52 PM ----------

I guess my standards are too high. I just want to put a game in,play it, and not have to spend half my time working on the damn thing to get it working right

Momot replied: "We continue working on the patch. Can't give you the exact time it will release - sorry about that. Once I can share that info with you, I will.".

The fact that you said we are LUCKY to get patches is a huge problem with the game industry that if isnt addressed,will keep getting worse. At this rate, in 10 more years the average gamer is going to have to be familiar with coding in order to get the fucking thing to work on the xbox three and a half (only works on deluxe xbox models that include terminal access and cost twice as much)
The more forgiving you are of developers,the worse games are gonna get. Accountability is a GOOD THING.

Guess ill go play my broken witcher 3,use the console commands to get back my xp,got my calculator ready to figure out how much xp im owed,and try to take a mature storyline serious when people are sitting on invisible chairs 5 feet in the air,constantly spitting loogies. Yay for next gen gaming!

Last edited:
Come on, drama queens. The game is amazingly crafted and even with my 25 FPS I still love it very much. Even with my very very modest experience in game development (a little Android game), I know that doing this stuff is painfully time consuming and needs huge attention to details. The fact that this gargantuan game even works almost flawlessly for many people (like me, I experienced some minor bugs 35 hours in) is a great achievement and I cannot even fathom how much work, love, frustration and determination had to go into this

And they are still working on this, still sifting through the codes many hours a day, even on weekends, only to have some arrogant whiners write hateful rants about how terrible this game is because of a bunch of little bugs. Give them some time, Jesus. They are great developers, listening to their comminity, who just created one of the best games I have ever played. They deserve a little appreciation.

Thank you very much CDPR, and keep up the great work.

I cant understand apologists like you. They lied, we recieved a faulty product. It was not ready for release, this shit needs to end. At least i can download the patch on my cellphone,and drag the file to my desktop when i get home, unlike steam,origin,and rockstar social club,but regardless of the increased complexity, games need to be more thorughly tested before release, thats a damn fact.

You should probably stop playing video games if you expect them to be perfect on release. Your understanding of game development is lacking.

Guys I really have to say SHUT THE F*** UP! Sorry for that, but someone from CDPR say the patch is coming on monday, than they return it and say maybe tuesday or wednesday...on tuesday they say "DEFINITELY NOT TODAY"....
OK we have wednesday some of us have weekend, and the patch isnt there.
Tomorrow we have thursday...and some of us claim "I´M GETTING ANGRY" "YOU SAY!"

SO my thoughts are "hey it isnt working" BUT I for myself is thinking....guys are u so dumb?
Many other companies do not even tell there will be a patch!
Many other companies do not even give such a Master Peace!
Many other companies do not even WORK on a patch!

OK there is a XP Bug....i try to understand it, you play the Game?
Me for my self do, and when talkings came out like the xp point Bug i play the other quests, NOT the Main Story...

So my thoughts are...did you realize that these guys are only human?
They say last Week...monday....ok it wasnt monday...tuesday they realise it that when say would patch something other things would broke!!!
So they say "definitely NOT Today...
Today 03.06. they say "soon"
But tomorrow is a very important holiday for Poland/christians...
So tomorrow they don´t work!
And friday....mhhhh friday....maybe they could realease the BIG PATCH or NOT...and we have to wait till saturday!!!

PLease Guys, many other companies dont do it this way for us...many begin with consoles and release the patches for pc after them...
so please please be not so rude...

and sorry for my bad english, i just wanted to describe my feelings about this, and maybe a bit of drunken....VUUUUDKA :comeatmebro:

Last edited:
There is no "hotfix" you ignorant and annoying child. It's so beyond obvious that you come from World of Warcraft. Single player games do not do hotfixes.

Either shut up and be patient, or at least stop annoying people on this forum.

emm no hotfix on singleplayer games? ....ok....:facepalm:

Patch'll be done when it's done. After the amount of time that the team has worked on Witcher 3 they more than deserve to have time off to spend with their families.

Better that they take their time and test the changes that are made to check for knock on effects rather than rush a patch out the door for a bunch of impatient, whining brats.

To the dev team. Thank you for your continued efforts to patch Witcher 3. Take the time though to spend with friends and family. You've all more than earned it. The rest of us can stand to wait.

• RED Point
Reactions: Zoj
I bet the same people would be complaning if there'd be constant hotfixes.
Learn some patience, people.

Guys, stop complaining! As a programmer I can assure you that this game must be one of the hardest thing to test and debug. Normally in other games you have either open world with choices that affect it marginally (skyrim) or linear world and choices affecting a lot (the walking dead). I think this is first game that implement BOTH of these features (which makes it so amazing) .You must understand that it generates INCREADIBLY HUGE AMOUNT OF POSSIBILITIES (each quest can be done in any order, but on the other hand there are manny choices that influent it). More possibilites = higher risk that some bug will not get spotted! Apart from that this game is HUGE which makes it even harder.

I am actually surprised that it still very stable and reliable and in main part bug-free. Also the cd project team is not as big as many of you think - they only have 2 offices where one of them has been opened only 2 years ago. I am sure they do the best they could, but you have to understand that finding and fixing bugs in code is very hard and unpredictable (sometimes fixing one thing may cause problems in other areas) so they have to test it very carefully.

For all of you guys complaining I suggest that instead of whinning all the time take a look how to code, then you'll see how difficult this shit is.

How about no. I don't care if you're a customer who paid or stabbed 10 aliens in another universe to get your copy, you will still follow forum rules regardless of what you believe you're "owed".

Exactly, Random66 you're trolling us normall people too so stop it, and someone plese close this damn thread

Because we will be working through the long weekend if needed to release the patch ASAP.

Take your time, ignore the impatient ones. You and the rest of CDPR are the most respectable development team around, which is a hard feat in this day.

You're hard work is appreciated greatly, and I can honestly say The Witcher is the most fascinating franchise I have ever had the pleasure to play.

Dziękujęmy za wszystko, i nadal będziemy wyrzucać pieniądz do CDPR kiedy tylko możemy

Last edited:
Exactly, Random66 you're trolling us normall people too so stop it, and someone plese close this damn thread

Riddle me this: If I'm just a troll, and people know it's best not to feed the troll ... then why are people here debating this issue?

Well ... guess I did have a point to make afterall.

You should probably stop playing video games if you expect them to be perfect on release. Your understanding of game development is lacking.
This is BS. Video game like any other product, should be completed on release. Sure, some things may be missed by the code monkeys, but its only ok if its a minor thing. Game effecting/breaking bugs, piling up one after another for days, 3 patches so far, and general instability means, it shouldnt be released yet, and its not what we paid for. We paid for a full, properly working product. Im ready to forgive minor flaws, but having to wait to use the stuff I own, because someone has to fix it after they already sold it, is not something to be expected.
Now Im getting my full money worth on valid ranting. If you dont want people to rant, do your job better. Nuff said.

Top Bottom