Changing hair color - help?

+
Changing hair color - help?

Hey guys. I have a little problem. I want to change Triss hair color, but normal recolor doesn't work on her (It does on Geralt hairs). Can sb explain how to do this?

To the best of my knowledge there are three places where you have to change the color.

First is the vertex color in the hair mesh that defines the base color. You have to change this in order to get some reasonable effect at all.
Second is the specular color in the xml that is exported along with the mesh, so the reflections are in line with the new base color.
And third is Triss' head texture. It doesn't affect the hair color itself, but the light red always seems to find its way through the hair mesh :)

I tried this as a proof of concept a few days ago with Yen's hair mesh (colored to red) and put it on Triss. Looked weird but worked...

Stumbled upon this thread while searching for tips to make a Triss retexture mod and decided to offer my 2cents. I agree with the previous poster. My first attempt at changing eye and hair color through simple tga edits on Photoshop CS6 looks like this:

Although not easy to see, eyes are okay, but the hair texture is super iffy, firstly because it was literraly a paste-over in Photoshop and secondly, because I didn't touch the mesh files at all to correct for reflections etc. With Sarcen's Mod Editor however it is super easy to edit meshes' color properties. Learn as you go!

!!!But don't cook back your mod with Sarcen's editor because it doesn't included texture.cache and that will result in buggy dark textures mainly when hair and faces edits are involved. Use instead the Quick modding tool by xtcislove to cook your mod!!!

Last edited:
Sorry for Necroing this thread.

I want to change hair colours (Triss & Yen) but I don't know where to find the xml files to chage the RBG colours. All the tutorials for hair colour changes are no longer available so I really need some help to use Sarcen's mod editor to do it.

Top Bottom