Character Romance Discussion

+
Well, this is a Dark Future Setting, everyone is looking for something.....but understand this.....Romance's can happen in C-Punk but most characters will avoid it due to the fact......yes a romance can be used/abused.....yes his or her lover(s) can be killed...but I think the option should be present for those who are willing to take those risks (it is an RPG after all not an FPS) and sorry if C-Punk 2077 turns into an FPS (like the million other FPS's in the world) I and likely many...many others will not play/support it.....But don't get me wrong it is C-punk so there will be killing and death in it (I'm not an Idiot) :cool:

Well, this is a Dark Future Setting, everyone is looking for something.....but understand this.....Romance's can happen in C-Punk but most characters will avoid it due to the fact......yes a romance can be used/abused.....yes his or her lover(s) can be killed...but I think the option should be present for those who are willing to take those risks (it is an RPG after all not an FPS) and sorry if C-Punk 2077 turns into an FPS (like the million other FPS's in the world) I and likely many...many others will not play/support it.....But don't get me wrong it is C-punk so there will be killing and death in it (I'm not an Idiot) :cool:

welcome to the forum

I just had a thought. How about having a positive romantic relationship contribute to Humanity reclamation? The opposite would be true also, when your girl gets killed, you go nuts...

I like that idea. Romance should be able to effect humanity. And not just for protagonist, it should effect both sides. (If you're dating a character whose humanity is close to none, you should be able to turn them around)

I like that idea. Romance should be able to effect humanity. And not just for protagonist, it should effect both sides. (If you're dating a character whose humanity is close to none, you should be able to turn them around)
Or you'll be their first victim when they go psycho on you...

...the price of love!

Hm. Interesting idea- romances affecting humanity, but I hope it's not the case where romances are the only thing which can determine or affect humanity.

Hm. Interesting idea- romances affecting humanity, but I hope it's not the case where romances are the only thing which can determine or affect humanity.
If it was, that would suck.

Medication and counseling are staples for regaining lost Humanity/Empathy and have been for a long time in CP2020. But I have also played very much on the principles of Action and Inaction affecting them just as much. If I was running a game and the PC's were made aware of something that would usually provoke both an emotional and a physical response, I judged them on their actions/inactions and gave them rewards or penalties as I saw fit.

As an example; "As the players driving through the combat-zone, looking for an address, they see a young woman being molested by a group of boosters in an alley." Now, if they decided to carry on and ignore the girl, they would all recieve a humanity loss. I would also make sure they were made aware of the girls death through some means. If they stopped and helped, I would reward them with a small increase in Humanity. 9Admittedly loses are always higher than gains, considerably so, but that's because it takes work to show your humanity and to maintain it.)

I like the idea of romances/relationships affecting humanity. But it should be more than just pick a chick from bar *ding more humanity*. It should be something more meaningful.

I like the idea of romances/relationships affecting humanity. But it should be more than just pick a chick from bar *ding more humanity*. It should be something more meaningful.
Absolutely, A successful romance should be about storytelling in a RPG. While I am not sure that being in a stable relationship will help you recover humanity I think it should help you keep little you have left. and lets not forget that humanity effects empathy and its related skills, seduction being one of them, so your humanity level should definitely effect your romances as well.

What? None of you "its gotta be realistic" guys out there want to risk Neo-Syphillis or AIDS III?

That is how you build 'playbeings' (read sex slaves). It is on the last page of Chrome 2. It promotes addictive behavior along with behavior and Maximum Lover (TM) chips and you just hit one of the darker sides of human trafficking in the CP2020 world. The truly depressing thing here is that there are people that willingly undergo the surgeries because a life of free will is just too damn hard and bleak.

That is how you build 'playbeings' (read sex slaves). It is on the last page of Chrome 2. It promotes addictive behavior along with behavior and Maximum Lover (TM) chips and you just hit one of the darker sides of human trafficking in the CP2020 world. The truly depressing thing here is that there are people that willingly undergo the surgeries because a life of free will is just too damn hard and bleak.

Gamer covered that pretty well actually.

Top Bottom