Child prostitution?

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
Child prostitution?

I know CD PR said they were going to make it mature but is that going over the line? i thought about befriending a child prostitue or maybe saving her like Taxi Driver. Should there even be kids in this game not prostitutes but just normal ones walking with their mom?

NO NO NO.... FUCK NO....

Jesus and I thought Pris was a creepy as fuck for his "rape dungeons are romantic" bullshit...

Kids are ok but child prostitutes......HELL NO !! While CDPR makes mature games this would be way over the top even for them .

There's "mature," and then there's "running far and away over the line, for no other point than to do so."

This suggestion would be the latter, imo.

Discussing the inclusion of kids is one thing, discussing the inclusion of prostitutes is another.

Jumping straight to suggesting there should be child prostitutes in the game is so fucked up I don't even know where to begin. Anything further I say will just be a personal attack, and I tend to only make those in jest and don't want to confuse anyone, so I will end my my post here.

That's like exploitation of mature content, something seen in works that don't really have much to offer. There are laws to prevent this kind of things to disturb players anyway

The purpose of any game is to enable you to play it within the game rules set by it, not to enable any sort of gameplay which occurs to you. I don't think CDPR is making a game which is about including any and all types of content into the game just because this is a "mature" game.

They are making a videogame on the PnP game CP2020, and when people play this game they don't necessarily play it to act out specific scenarios.

Yes, there can be instances which are related to the awful realities of our world, but there's a difference between making the player acknowledge the existence of something in a game versus requiring ,or providing a way for, the player to get their hands in that kind of stuff.

I mean, TW2 showed an instance of rape, but it was done in a way which complemented the story and the gameworld; this kind of inclusion of difficult subjects is understandable, and that's all I would expect from any game, not just CP2077.

It's not necessary that a "mature" gameworld should deal with all the intricacies of our world. A game is a condensed microcosm, after all, and it might not have all the time necessary to do justice to some subjects; the game can be misconstrued to be something it's not if it fails to get its point across.

The game should have children, it would be unnatural to not have them. But really, it doesn't make sense to add anything if it doesn't complement the storytelling and gameplay.

well by child prostitutes i mean like 14-16yo dunno im watching a cyberpunk anime and the protagonist is a 15 prostitute.

I may lose some friends here, but...

If for example it's a dramatic quest line, where we come to the aid of a child caught up in sexual slavery, AND if it's handled with tact and intelligence, yes, this could actually be done right. But only because the narrative supports the idea. As for having child prostitutes as NPC's, just wandering around as a part of the game world...hell no. No reason to do that.

But I doubt even CDPR would touch this with a ten foot barge pole.

* I've seen excellent anime that used the idea and in Sword of Destiny there's a brief scene that would kinda fall under this category.

well by child prostitutes i mean like 14-16yo dunno im watching a cyberpunk anime and the protagonist is a 15 prostitute.

I thnk the majority will agree with me when I say:

Children - No problem.
Prostitues - Yes please!
Child Prostitutes - That crosses the line.

The game can be mature without needing to even acknowledge this heinous abomination of cruelty. Personaly, I think this specific subject should never, EVER be glamourised in any way. Putting it into a game, in any gives it the chance to be glamourised. If it was ever included in a game, it would purely be for shock value and that is just a cheap trick. Developers should be better than that, particularly at this calibre.

Without meaing to be racist, the Japanese are fucking weird when it comes to sexual stuff. You can show hentai of a school girl being raped by a tentacle monster with 2000 phallic appendages, but you can't show an actual penis...
Go figure.

If it's a dramatic quest line, where we come to the aid of a child caught up in sexual slavery, AND if it's handled with tact and intelligence, yes, this could actually be done right. But only because the narrative supports the idea.

The reason I am going to disagree here is that there is always the chance that the player can affect the outcome for the worse. The player can deliberatly fail, even in the most well meaningly developed plot line.

The subject matter has no place in any game.

I'm glad this game is going for a more mature stance, and tackling some interesting topics and views...... but I don't know if the industry is ready for a game about this issue yet. It seems like a one way ticket to bannsville.

Does anyone know if there are any books or movies about this issue? (Fictional, not documentaries or biographies, etc.)

I'm glad this game is going for a more mature stance, and tackling some interesting topics and views...... but I don't know if the industry is ready for a game about this issue yet. It seems like a one way ticket to bannsville.

Does anyone know if there are any books or movies about this issue? (Fictional, not documentaries or biographies, etc.)

I think "Pretty baby" is the only mainstream film on the subject.

While I agree with slim that it is theoretically possible for this to be handled sensitively in a video game, I also agree with Chris. In a video game setting, there shouldn't be scenarios where the player isn't given choice, but in a situation like this, giving the player a choice is unacceptable. CDPR are good at giving us morally ambiguous stories - a scenario where there is no moral ambiguity, only clear-cut good and evil, just doesn't fit.

So yes, it's different to a movie where the director has full control over the message.

And it's difficult to see any acceptable rationale for a developer to include something like this. Including it for shock value, for publicity, is the worst kind of marketing strategy imaginable. Including it as fan service is just plain sick.

Yeah, Slim! Get it right!

Dragon pays for it, damn it! Her marriage is a fine commercial machine!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom