Collect em all....only thing standing in my way (BUG)

+
Collect em all....only thing standing in my way (BUG)

Black Infantry Archer - Purchased in Claywich Village
Puttkammer - Purchased in Claywich Village
Sweers - Purchase in Claywich Village
Etolian Auxiliary Archers - Purchased in Claywich Village

These are the only 4 cards i have left to complete the quest but more importantly (for me anyway) for the card collector achievement.

Unfortunately the bandit camp i have highlighted in the picture above has bugged out on me and no bandits show in the area for me to kill and obtain the key to free the claywich merchant, to whom hold the last 4 cards i need to finish my collection.
when first arriving in the area....no bandits
Ive tried running away until the area is no longer visible and coming back...no bandits.
ive tried fast travelling to another town and coming back....no bandits.
ive tried fast travelling to another area (skellige white orchard) and coming back....no bandits.
ive tried just simply restarting the game....no bandits
ive tried advancing the story/do other quests them coming back to the are....no bandits
ive even tried re-installing the game....no bandits

there maybe some other things ive tried but forgot..either way ive exhausted all options and it simply comes down to a BUG in the game that needs to be fixed or a compromise wherin somebody else that isnt trapped in a cage sells the cards.

CDPR will you please fix this, this is very frustrationg just knowing that the merchant is there and theres nothing i can do about it because your game bugged out on me.

Also on a related BUG note, the bandit camp just north of Hanged Mans Tree, this one is also bugged, just 4 guys on horse try to attack me i kill em and no one has a key.

---------- Updated at 07:12 PM ----------

Attachments

• Capture.jpg
    Capture.jpg
    121.4 KB · Views: 8,879
Last edited:
I also have an issue with the bandits holding the claywich trader - for me the bandits spawned, but when I killed them there was no key. And no way to release the prisoner.

I didnt realise he was the only way to get these cards, and no that was a long time ago and the save is no longer available.

Please fix!

I played through most of the game and he eventually disappeared from the cage. i checked for him in Claywich, and somehow he had found his way home, with the cards!

Patch 1.04 i got today, and this bug it did not fix, the only thing i actually care about since its the only thing wrong with my game.

The key is not the only bug with Claywitch, on my case the merchant never goes to Claywitch after release from the cell.

This merchant have 4 unique Gwent cards!!!

If they dont wanna go to Claywitch at least he can forget the cards on the bandit camp XD

I played through most of the game and he eventually disappeared from the cage. i checked for him in Claywich, and somehow he had found his way home, with the cards!

I wish this would happen for me - checked today after the patch and he is still sitting in there, and I am still unable to release him

many of you will probally find me bumping this alot, sorry in advance, just want some indication from CDPR that even though this is a minor issue for a little bit of time now, someone somewhere is looking into it.

Same here.
There are many bandit camps where there is no key. And they won't say a word about it to help us. They could, at least, say that they're looking into it.

I got an email from the site owner of gwentcards.com which apparantly CDPR sent to him around this issue, and they said

"Both issues are reported and we are looking into them (probably won't be able to fix them for upcoming patch but we are working on fixes)"

So hopefully it will be fixed at some point

I think I rescued him, but he never made it back to Claywich.. Most of these guys are bugged. Hopefully they patch it so the guy appears at Claywich so I can buy cards off him.

I guess the easiest way to fix this is reset the locations of these guys with them fixed for keys, and for them making it back.

Last edited:
I also rescued the merchant but he never showed up in Claywich (neither did the barber). I hope this is a bug and not a design? Can CDPR comment either way?

I've got the same problem with one of the guys still locked firmly in a cage because I can't find the key to free him. Please sort this out. North of the hanged tree.

I too have this problem, this is the only thing stopping me getting 1000 Gamerscore on this game. I saved and reloaded 10 times yet the bandits didnt drop the key required to open the cage.

The guy was there in the game much further in the story! When I revisit the village he was finally there, but he doesn't travel there directly after the bandit camp rescue.
It was not a bug to me, but he visited his family first or went to a hospital before getting back to Claywich.

Top Bottom