Connection Issues

+
...in my case It's PC wifi. As an aside, when Gwent kicks out everyhting else that is on the wifi network continues to function normally and I can run diagnostics that show no errors with the networkor computer that I am running Gwent on.

PC or mobile? / wired or wifi?
PC, wifi. It was fine last month, it was also fine when I was on a trip couple days, just not in my household.
My domestic wifi is working perfectly fine, sometimes I get to browse the website when my gwent game is disconnecting. It always happens every now and often when I picked up the game 2 months ago but now is unplayable. Can't enjoy the game when 2 of 3 games are lost cause I can't play them.

PC, wifi. It was fine last month, it was also fine when I was on a trip couple days, just not in my household.
My domestic wifi is working perfectly fine, sometimes I get to browse the website when my gwent game is disconnecting. It always happens every now and often when I picked up the game 2 months ago but now is unplayable. Can't enjoy the game when 2 of 3 games are lost cause I can't play them.

OK. Follow the steps to test if it's to your Windows firewall:
  1. Press the Windows Key on your keyboard
  2. Type Windows Defender Firewall
  3. Press the Enter Key on your keyboard
  4. Select Allow apps to communicate through Windows Defender Firewall
  5. Scroll down until you find Gwent
  6. Check all boxes named Gwent
  7. Click the OK button
If you do not see Gwent in the Allow apps to communicate through Windows Defender Firewall list, you will need to add it:
  1. Click the Allow another app… button in the Allow apps to communicate through Windows Defender Firewall window
  2. Click on the Browse button
  3. Locate Gwent.exe
    • Steam Path: C:\Program Files(x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Gwent\bin\x64\Gwent.exe
    • GOG Path: C:\program files (x86)\gog galaxy\games\Gwent\bin\x64\Gwent.exe
      (The game might be installed on another partition.)
  4. Check all boxes named Gwent
  5. Click the OK button

OK. Follow the steps to test if it's to your Windows firewall:
  1. Press the Windows Key on your keyboard
  2. Type Windows Defender Firewall
  3. Press the Enter Key on your keyboard
  4. Select Allow apps to communicate through Windows Defender Firewall
  5. Scroll down until you find Gwent
  6. Check all boxes named Gwent
  7. Click the OK button
If you do not see Gwent in the Allow apps to communicate through Windows Defender Firewall list, you will need to add it:
  1. Click the Allow another app… button in the Allow apps to communicate through Windows Defender Firewall window
  2. Click on the Browse button
  3. Locate Gwent.exe
    • Steam Path: C:\Program Files(x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Gwent\bin\x64\Gwent.exe
    • GOG Path: C:\program files (x86)\gog galaxy\games\Gwent\bin\x64\Gwent.exe
      (The game might be installed on another partition.)
  4. Check all boxes named Gwent
  5. Click the OK button
It is allowed. I have to turn off my antivirus software so the game doesn't crash because of some thread failure message.
Nevertheless, it doesn't solve the connection problem.

P.S. the funniest thing is that during a casual match the connection was always fine. I wonder how that works. Thought is that the game implements some anti-cheat protocol but is actually way below the standards.

Well, it's probably on your side, otherwise this forum would be getting shitstormed by many other competitive players...

Did you set the game on the whitelist of your Anti Virus software though? There might be some background task still running when it's turned "off".

There's something mentioned about ports on the official support site. Did you try that?

Verifying the game files or a complete reinstallation of the game might be worth giving a try.

If that didn't help you probably want to contact the support guys.

Last edited:
Well, it's probably on your side, otherwise this forum would be getting shitstormed by many other competitive players...

Did you set the game on the whitelist of your Anti Virus software though? There might be some background task still running when it's turned "off".

There's something mentioned about ports on the official support site. Did you try that?

Verifying the game files or a complete reinstallation of the game might be worth giving a try.

If that didn't help you probably want to contact the support guys.
[...]
Anyhow, I tried official support but the response was horrible.
CDPR make good games. They have good concepts, but they can't handle it.

Last edited by a moderator:
[...]
Anyhow, I tried official support but the response was horrible.
CDPR make good games. They have good concepts, but they can't handle it.
Look, I'm just trying to help you. I'm not mad because I'm trying to defend the company. I'm mad because it doesn't seem like you've been trying to solve the problem by yourself.

Last edited by a moderator:
Look, I'm just trying to help you. I'm not mad because I'm trying to defend the company. I'm mad because it doesn't seem like you've been trying to solve the problem by yourself.
Firstly, you were behaving hostile.
Plus, I literally told you I have tried all solutions.
It is fact that I am not happy with how CDPR technicals do with their game but come on they need to do a better job to keep the game alive.

As has been the case ever since the game launched, connection issues appear to happen regionally, and I have no idea what's causing them. It's most likely package loss between you and the server, and it's most likely on the player end. If it were on the server end, everyone would be getting disconnections, and that's never been the case.

My recommendations are unchanged since launch of the game:

1.) Try playing during off-peak hours. (You can check what sort of traffic your ISP is seeing through any number of online utilities. Play during a time where it's very low, and see if the disconnection happens then.)

2.) Check that something else in your residence isn't soaking up bandwidth in your router. Most modern routers allow you to switch to a "game mode" or dedicate an IP address to receive priority bandwidth. If such an option exists, use that for the device you're playing on.

3.) Repair/Verify the game manually through GOG / Steam / etc. Could be that some file or something is corrupt or an update didn't install properly, etc. (In other words, it could be a result of a glitch or bug with the game, and not the internet connection directly.)

4.) Contact Official CDPR Support if it continues. (This is a community forum. Happy to try to help, but we don't have any inside info or anything.)

Very often, these things (with any game) are a matter of regional ISPs managing their own servers, and are affected by things that neither players nor CDPR has any knowledge of or control over. Much of the time, we've seen issues in one region simply come and go on their own.

Hey, seems like several French (and an Egyptian) players can't access the game: https://www.reddit.com/r/gwent/comments/qbf8dz I had problems with https://www.playgwent.com/ as well
As a French player I'm still facing the issue tonight, so it's been almost a full day. The problem with playgwent.com was solved around noon / early afternoon, but it's still impossible to get passed the loading screen. I did a tracert on gog servers this morning and the few final steps took 300 ms each, an unlikely situation - don't know if that may help.

For connection issues:
(if none of these suggestions help, click on „… contact us!“ to send a ticket).

French version: https://support.cdprojektred.com/fr/gwent/pc/gwent-technical/issue/320/problemes-de-connexion

Anyone else having issues with Galaxy Client? I get the "Oops something went wrong error". When I look at the GalaxyClient.log file is see an error "Loading web page error: login" which I would assume the login widget doesn't get loaded in the client. In the log file there is also a URL auth.gog.com.... When I copy and paste the URL it brings the login screen and it works. 've opened tickets with GOG but they haven't look at the ticket since I opened it over a week ago

Anyone else having issues with Galaxy Client? I get the "Oops something went wrong error". When I look at the GalaxyClient.log file is see an error "Loading web page error: login" which I would assume the login widget doesn't get loaded in the client. In the log file there is also a URL auth.gog.com.... When I copy and paste the URL it brings the login screen and it works. 've opened tickets with GOG but they haven't look at the ticket since I opened it over a week ago
How long has this been happening? If only for a few hours or something, don't worry about it. Just check back in later on in the day and see if it's functional again.

If it goes on for multiple days, for example, then it could be that something about the installation or account is encountering an issue. Try completely logging out of GOG Galaxy, restart your PC, and launch the client, manually logging in again. If that doesn't solve it, completely uninstall the client, download the most recent version of Galaxy (maybe give the beta a pass for now), and see if you have regular access again.

I'm going a bit off topic here, but I saw a topic a while back where someone said that they often get disconnected when they are 1 card away from winning. They were suspecting that the losing player had somehow managed to cause it, and I was wondering if this is possible? Because I just got disconnected from the game with an error message "Service Interruption", or something like that when I was 1 card away from winning (and couldn't log back in).

Has this happened to others and is something like this actually possible?

I'm going a bit off topic here, but I saw a topic a while back where someone said that they often get disconnected when they are 1 card away from winning. They were suspecting that the losing player had somehow managed to cause it, and I was wondering if this is possible? Because I just got disconnected from the game with an error message "Service Interruption", or something like that when I was 1 card away from winning (and couldn't log back in).

Has this happened to others and is something like this actually possible?
Well today this happened with spyro when He was alive in Twitch.

Problably it was a Server error

Guest 4602049

Every time I try to challenge or get challenged by one of my friends it kicks me back to the main menu with an error message that says "There was an error connecting with one of our services. But fear not -- chances are we are already fixing it"

I'm on pc using steam (on linux).

Top Bottom