Constructive opinions based on the gameplay videos that are released in 2015 (NO DOWNGRADE TALK)

+
Is that confirmed? I know they said that about pulling out your sword in town and attacking citizens, I dont recall anything about theft.

Kind of. It was mentioned in the preview article of German PC Games magazine:

Schönes Detail: Diesmal können wir nicht mehr nach Herzenslust stehlen. Zwar lassen sich normale NPCs ohne zu Murren die ganze Bude leerräumen, doch wenn wir von Nilfgaarder Soldaten stehlen, sieht die Sache anders aus: Öffnen wir beispielsweise die Kiste eines Wachmanns, ruft er uns erst eine scharfe Warnung zu. Greifen wir dann trotzdem zu, gehen mehrere Soldaten auf Geralt zu, prügeln ihn bewusstlos und rauben ihm sein gesamtes Gold. Diebstahl wird nun also zumindest teilweise bestraft.

Nice detail: This time we cannot steal just everything anymore. Although normal NPCs let us strip their whole house without grumbling, the situation is a bit different if we try to steal from Nilfgaardian soldiers: If we for example open the chest of a guard he first warns us sharply. If we decide to continue with the theft without listening several soldiers approach Geralt, beat him unconscious and rob him of his whole gold. So theft is punished at least partially now.

Source: http://www.pcgames.de/The-Witcher-3...pielwelt-Pferd-und-Kaempfe-im-Detail-1149145/

Last edited:
What I really liked was Geralt's evasive jump. It seemed a lot better than what was shown in the swamps a while ago. But I am not sure if I am correct in this aspect. The animation just seemed smoother. I do want to note that the igni seems to be very crippling to that monster, making it like a pushover. However I do understand all fights were made easy for the sake of presentation. However if you burn a monster with igni for a long time, and afterwards you can hit them all you like because they are busy saying 'ow ow ow this hurts', you could take enemies down pretty fast which might be a bit out of balance. I can't tell for sure though as we have not seen how one would normally deal with the monster during a normal playthrough.

What I really liked was Geralt's evasive jump. It seemed a lot better than what was shown in the swamps a while ago. But I am not sure if I am correct in this aspect. The animation just seemed smoother. I do want to note that the igni seems to be very crippling to that monster, making it like a pushover. However I do understand all fights were made easy for the sake of presentation. However if you burn a monster with igni for a long time, and afterwards you can hit them all you like because they are busy saying 'ow ow ow this hurts', you could take enemies down pretty fast which might be a bit out of balance. I can't tell for sure though as we have not seen how one would normally deal with the monster during a normal playthrough.
You're right about the jump. It's improved version appeared in the 12 min footage against the wraiths and ekhidnas, then against the wolves in the 3 minute footage, and now here, so it's consistent. And very much improved.

It's nice to spot all the small modifications they performed to the animations throughout the development. This one, the fists closing while jogging,t he sword being held steady, the different legwork when moving up or downhill which wasn't there at first. It's satisfying.

Another small but very immersing animation that was added, is Geralt adjusting right after getting on the horse.

re looting...
would be cool if the inhabitants of the cottage/house you loot got a bit pissed off and called you a robbing bastard......instead of sitting eating their porrige and letting you get on with it...hah

I hope that we can turn off that red blush that emerges when someone hurts Geralt, it looks pretty bad to me, does anybody know something about it?

I thought that the stealing from citizens is gone.. it looks so silly.. so you want to make a believable world, to immerse the players, but you can steal anything from people and they are like "whatever"... that's really dumb

Did anyone notice geralt drinks potions during the fight? no animation - sucks.
Because as far as I understood it, he doesn't drink them during combat. He drinks them before, while meditating and then just activates them during combat.

I absolutely LOVE what I have seen so far from TW3 gameplay. This game not only looks absolutely stunning, the actual game content looks very promising as well.
However....

Geralt's walk and run animations -

Is it just me, or does it look very awkward and stick-man like? Compared to the fantastic combat animations, the walk/run animations look like they were generated instead of mo-captured.
And what makes it worse, Geralt's animations don't seem to react to the terrain at all, not even his footstep sounds change depending on the surface, i.e. ground or snow or grass.
And I am going to compare it to the animations we see in Dragon Age: Inquisition. That is one thing they really got right in that game. My toon feels grounded in the terrain.
This is meant as constructive criticism, of course. I really think CD Projekt RED can do better.
Everything else however (gawking at the fabric physics) looks absolutely amazing and I can't wait for this game to be released!

Last edited:
I absolutely LOVE what I have seen so far from TW3 gameplay. This game not only looks absolutely stunning, the actual game content looks very promising as well.
However....
Geralt's walk and run animations - Is it just me, or does it look very awkward and stick-man like? Compared to the fantastic combat animations, the walk/run animations look like they were generated instead of mo-captured.
And what makes it worse, Geralt's animations don't seem to react to the terrain at all, not even his footstep sounds change depending on the surface, i.e. ground or snow or grass.
And I am going to compare it to the animations we see in Dragon Age: Inquisition. That is one thing they really got right in that game. My toon feels grounded in the terrain.
This is meant as constructive criticism, of course. I really think CD Projekt RED can do better.
Everything else however (gawking at the fabric physics) looks absolutely amazing and I can't wait for this game to be released!

I also dont like walking too much, and legs look a bit unnatural to me, in W2 walking and running looked better, as far as I am concerned.

Because as far as I understood it, he doesn't drink them during combat. He drinks them before, while meditating and then just activates them during combat.

I think they changed it again but im not sure. you can see the duration is also very short.

Top Bottom