Contest 1 - The one with The Witcher meal

+

someone make this http://russiapedia.rt.com/of-russian-origin/kholodets/

and make a 3D chase scene, a wild hunt

I got the idea from Hannibal TV series

I like cooking, especially pies, tortillas, etc. I may represent a new type of pie, and become famous and rich, and this food will have my name some day, so all will say "Have you ever eat a Cassandra31EEE? It's delicious!"

Ehm, yes, i 'll make something for the contest.

Darn the contest. It's nearly 4 o clock in the morning and I've been sitting watching 30 or more cooking tutorials. <.<
Gaming has never been more educational. :)
This is so true.

My kitchen is pretty...barren :p So I'll think out loud should I fail to make it myself and spread ideas :)

Hmmm....seems I have until the 30th which is good...plenty of time to thumb through Gramps books for some tasty Elf inspired recipes :p Or I good borrow from my Troll friend and give it a tomato angle for some good and hearty stew. Mhmmm.....

Or, perhaps better yet, the mightiest of all, Flotsam gumbo--with a dash of something karyany. Mhmm.......

Ideally should I enter something it be as complicated as a sandwhich :p Nekker on Rye sounds reasonable enough :yes

Moderators aren't eligible. But if I were in, I'd be making pirozhki. I have lots of pirozhki recipes.

A meal in your pocket. Perfect for the witcher on the hunt, or the sorceress on the run.

My favorite is with walnuts and honey.

Man you guys are making me so hungry righ now

I shall make it worse... I found a delivery service that has the closest thing possible to Catoblepas... Actually going by certain legends it would be Catoblepas... Sadly delivery takes 3-4 weeks, a bit short for the contest... Might have to take the next best thing.

Last edited:
Moderators aren't eligible. But if I were in, I'd be making pirozhki. I have lots of pirozhki recipes.

A meal in your pocket. Perfect for the witcher on the hunt, or the sorceress on the run.

My favorite is with walnuts and honey.

Well I'm a lazy cook, so just seeing these means now I have to go off to the local butcher where they sell elk meat pasties.

Last edited:
Well I'm a lazy cook, so just seeing these means now I have to go off to the local butcher where they sell elk meat pasties.

That's right, you live in pasty country. I always made pasties with pie dough and pirozhki with leavened dough. But they're the same idea, lunch in its own lunchbox.

Question:
Can the recipe entry be a large PDF?
With this one I'm already reaching the limits of what e-mail can do. The rules don't state the requirements on what format is allowed and especially with detailed recipes the amount of images can become too much for a normal mail to handle.

Question:
With this one I'm already reaching the limits of what e-mail can do. The rules don't state the requirements on what format is allowed and especially with detailed recipes the amount of images can become too much for a normal mail to handle.

Confidence slowly dieing......:dead:

Catoblepas sound glorious :yes

Confidence slowly dieing......:dead:

Catoblepas sound glorious :yes

Don't worry after I knew what it was. It didn't sound so special. I mean honestly as a joke I was able to ask a lady on the phone for Catoblepas meat and she responded with: "Sure we have that just look under meat -> stuff - > weirdness" and it's barely 65€ a kilo.

Okay the reason it can't be assured that it's delivered on time for the competition is because they don't get too many orders on that specific animal.

Last edited:

Keth

Ex-moderator
Question:

Sure, won't be a problem :)

Jupiter_on_Mars

I wonder if anyone is applying modernist cooking techniques. I see a lot of potential in liquid nitrogen, sous vide, spherification , compression, centrifugation, rotary vacuum evaporation, and lots of uses for the anti-griddle and smoking gun in a fantasy-themed cooking competition. :lol:

But I guess someone's bound to remind me it's about the heart not the craft or the wizardry one puts into it. Should be tremendous fun to judge on this one!

So here's my suggestion to REDs: don't just reveal the winning entries. Give us a panorama of the funniest, the Chef-y-est and the oddball submissions!

@Keth , what's that blue symbol in the bottom right corner of your sig?

Last edited:
Top Bottom