Corrupt Savegames and/or crash during save

+
Corrupt Savegames and/or crash during save

Hello,

while playing The Witcher 2 I increasingly encountered game crashes to the desktop when saving the game.

But now I discovered the following brand new problem:

Sometimes my latest saves dont show up in the load game menu (no matter whether manual, quick or auto). When I examined the save files in the save folder, I found that the not listed saves where actually there, but had distinct smaller file sizes than the working saves before them. Like about 3M for a working .sav file and about 800k for a corrupt one. I can send you some of the corrupt .sav files for examination if wanted.

This is even more annoying than the crashes because there is the possibility that I'm doing a save after playing for a long time and end up with a corrupt save game file, so all the time I spent on making progress in the game is lost.

Does somebody know this issue? Or mabye knows any solution / workaround?

My system: NVidia Geforce GTX 460, Mainboard: MSI P6N SLI Platinum, Core2Quad Q6600 (2,4 GHz), Windows XP

I'd be really happy to get some advice

Sam

Last edited:
Hello Sunsibar,
I did some googling myself and yes, I found several hints towards that steam cloud problem. But I don't have a steam install. My installation is stand-alone. So, sorry, this doesn't help in my case.
Yours
samurlan

Last edited:
Top Bottom