Crafting is still BS

+
With a legendary Ashura blueprint I've got 500k in few hours. Legendary/epic/rare components are dirt cheap now.

Selling weapons instead of dismantling also gives a good financial gain, since it's more profitable to buy parts.

So, it's easier now to craft and upgrade something, but dismantling is even more useless, since it yields pitiful amounts of parts.
I've not tried 1.2 myself yet but this seems smart to me.

I did very well financially with the previous scheme - as you can read above - but it's neither fun nor immersive to fill my inventory with stupid amounts of soft drink cans and convert them into jackets.

And the reason I haven't updated to 1.2 yet is pre 1.2 something I didn't like and which I've read others complain about is the exorbitant cost of upgrading gear. Especially gear acquired "normally" at lower levels. Which is why I decided on this character I decided to immediately sneak out of Watson and grind my way to 50.

Bit tedious but less cheaty and more immersive than using a save editor to alter the equipment levels.

Hence the change.
Post automatically merged:

That's it Khelonos, and you could make a rush near Ripperdoc Cassius in northside. Got 700k in 3hours of dissassembling cans. But well that was a lot of time. Still I notice that disassembly weapons give a very poor amount of comùponents. So, this point sucks a lot. A bit sad now it just rely on merchants.
Re weapon disassembly, it's a question of all-things-considered.

You have limited carry capacity.

To sell, you have to stop fighting and travel to vendors. Either exit and fast forward time - which I don't love myself - or travel to other vendors.

During that time you're not earning any money from killing / looting.

White / green / blue weapons - at least pre 1.2 - didn't sell for great amounts of money.

Eg. just above I replied to someone that a level 50 nekomata sells for $1k. Breaking that down into components isn't immediately profitable.

= 9 common ($5 each) + 6 uncommon ($8 each) components.

But the CM jackets sell for $4k each and don't require a huge amount of components, which pre 1.2 could be mass produced from small amounts of white and green components and you can make them on the spot at any vendor.

1 common + 1 uncommon item component = purple grendade --> 3 rare ($16) + 1 epic ($25) item components + 3 rare ($16) + 1 epic upgrade ($25) components.

Each green nekomata --> 6 purp grenades --> $288 rare and $150 epic upgrade components = $438, totally weightless.

CM Jackets cost 12 common, 9 rare and 15 epic to craft and sell for $4019.

So 2.5 nekomatas ($2500) would convert to 1 CM jacket ($4019) + $1095 upgrade components.

You're in profit territory even ignoring the money / loot you're not making while you're hauling all those cheap whites / greens to vendors. And still are with disassembling nearly everything except looted epic / leg jackets and big guns.

Last edited:
MY primary issue with crafting is that upgrading doesn't seem to keep pace with leveling up.

What I mean by this is that if I crafted a legendary gun ten levels ago, then even through upgrades, it's going to lag significantly behind any newly crafted gun's performance, requiring far too many materials to keep pace with the new builds.

Thus, any attachment to trying to carry a favorite gun through the story's lifecycle (like they teased in the promotionals) is functionally impractical.

Upgrading SHOULD be bringing a gun up to your character's level range at minimum and improving a few steps beyond that for a weapon's lifecycle, thus making it keep pace with any new guns you may build. This is particularly egregious for iconic weapons (that we all love to carry). I shouldn't have to sink an nonsensical number of resources into just barely (if at all) keeping old favorites up to par with brand new builds.

At least, that's been MY observation of the numbers as I approach level 50, and it annoys me.

Also, not being able to upgrade non-iconic items directly to different tiers or add mod slots REALLY perturbs me.

Last edited:
Components in 1.2 are MUCH cheaper as in 1.12 and in much bigger amounts in stock ... upgrading stuff is really no any issue if you know how to handle finances.

Components in 1.2 are MUCH cheaper as in 1.12 and in much bigger amounts in stock ... upgrading stuff is really no any issue if you know how to handle finances.
I'm aware of the change. The armor/damage increments still don't align well. I'm not suffering a lack of materials, I'm noticing diminishing returns on old favorites as opposed to new builds.

Well, in some way it still the case and it's one of the advantages of the crafting build: you can earn money anyway! But before, you could recycle. Now you mostly get nice amount of components from vendors. It should mostly be called "Merchant build". Components are so low in price now. And Khelonos descibed it well. It's just less an independant gameplay. Before you were relying on vending machines. Now yourely on humans :shrug:

Dismantling soda cans was fun. In real life, aluminum soda cans are the only thing that is really profitable to recycle. This and other glitches such as sliding to survive a big fall were fun in the game. I really enjoyed going back to the site of the final big battle with Jackie and getting items that I had missed near the top of the building. I used the car door glitch to get into the building and the sliding glitch to get off the top of the building.

Dismantling soda cans was anything but fun. It was an extremely repetitive, gimmicky implementation that felt like a necessary evil grind. It was so imbalanced it could single-handedly break the economy. Removing such infinity money/component machines is a first required step towards a workable economy.

Sliding to survive a big fall were also gimmicky and immersion-breaking. Removing it is a first required step towards a making a variety of clothing mods viable. Plume specifically. Possibly also improving/balancing cyberware like Fortified Ankles (hover).

Using glitches and exploits is exceedingly immersion-breaking, simply horrible gameplay, and arguing against the removal is in effect arguing against the game getting much needed fixes.

Dismantling soda cans was anything but fun. It was an extremely repetitive, gimmicky implementation that felt like a necessary evil grind. It was so imbalanced it could single-handedly break the economy. Removing such infinity money/component machines is a first required step towards a workable economy.

uhmmmm... I wonder how much of the new/different "economy" mechanics is also a result of them cancelling multiplayer?

Honestly it depends. When I was near vending machine I made a stop to change my killer mind. And well still had objective to make cash. But as I said earlier they could reduce the amount of component made from dismantling cans by half. Still worth the price of the can but not much worth to spend time and gain money from it. Or even a 1c/1u would have been worth.

I understand the complaint. But saying that crafting is therefore 'still BS' or 'useless'
I hardly disagree.
Its cumbersome, perhaps. But thats the extend of it.

I admit the title is rude. Still crafting build is the worst build now in the game when you look about income from skill tree. Mostly worth at lvl50. While other build are strong all game long in my opinion.

Not useless at all (for me).
I dismantle for recover legendary mod (crit chance/damage), open door who hide legendary items and upgrading/crafting powerfull weapon. in all my all save i go to lvl 18 in tech :)
(for my build, it's more useful than constitution)

Started a new toon off a few days ago after 1.2 came out.. I made him a crafter. Honestly people in here whining about the crafting system just haven't played it. How easy do you want the game?

This is me just about to leave Watson and starting the heist. I have a decent cyberdeck, am kitted out with cyberware, paid vic back the eddies, I have plenty of eddies to spare and spent eddies in shops for clothing and gear and brought myself some mantis blades

1617731170207.png
I crafted guns in during the heist and happily crafting my guns now for better dps. Mats are not an issue. And I don't know how eddies are an issue for anyone that they feel the need to glitch.

1617731475925.png

Can you explain the SPECIAL clothing to me? I never understood it and just ignored it focusing on just the upper lower head and feet clothing. But it looks like some players can wear all that AND the specials as well?

Can you explain the SPECIAL clothing to me? I never understood it and just ignored it focusing on just the upper lower head and feet clothing. But it looks like some players can wear all that AND the specials as well?
special clothes are just glam without stats - in this case it seems to be the heist suit. but there are some others u can find or even buy at shops. one for example is the blackwall-netrunner suite u obtain after the voodoo boys mainquest. another one is the bandage glam which u recieve after the prolog waking up in vics clinic. some more are the themed overrolls from araska, militech or the ncpd which are either lootable or buyable in stores. those special clothing just overwrite the look of your equipped gear without changing or adding something to its stats. u can call them... rpg-leftovers in a way.

Last edited:
special clothes are just glam without stats - in this case it seems to be the heist suit. but there are some others u can find or even buy at shops. one for example is the blackwall-netrunner suite u obtain after the voodoo boys mainquest. another one is the bandage glam which u recieve after the prolog waking up in vics clinic. some more are the themed overrolls from araska, militech or the ncpd which are either lootable or buyable in stores. those special clothing just overwrite the look of your equipped gear without changing or adding something to its stats. u can call them... rpg-leftovers in a way.

So, mod makers may be able to allow you to wear stylish clothing for appearance but you get to keep your clothing mods! If it is possible to do this dynamically in game (mod makers found a way to do this with armor in Skyrim) you could make your own "special" with clothes that you find in the game. Probably will not see anything like this for over a year but still I feel it is possible.

This (my idea about making your own specials) may even be something that the DEV originally intended...

Last edited:
What I totally do not understand is why would they put so many freaking soda machines, if they were going to eventually make the disassembling of sodas anyway? Talk about a waste of time for the developers. Personally, I was happier with this game before the patch.

What I totally do not understand is why would they put so many freaking soda machines, if they were going to eventually make the disassembling of sodas anyway? Talk about a waste of time for the developers. Personally, I was happier with this game before the patch.
most prob they werent aware that people can "exploit" them... what means it wasnt thought through in the first place = bad game design and no clue how to handle their own system - "hotfix" just made them irrelevant cause they couldnt came up with another solution / idea of change....

That's like saying building that have no mission in them are worthless and should just be removed.

So while you can craft multiples of items like guns and meds you still cant craft multiple components at once, which is the one thing we needed to be able to craft quickly.

Also disassembling multiple junk items at the same time still has to go through the annoying multi-click UI. While its ok to at least be able to disassemble multiple items at once, its still not as good as it could be.

Same goes for selling a stack of items at the same time (for example food/drink)

It is. Crafting isn't a Cyberpunk thing, really. The Future Is Disposable. The only Role that can do it, the Techie, has a slew of skills for it and Jury Rig only lasts a very short time.

Everyrole at every skilll level can still disassemble junk and craft multiples of healthpacks/ammo. And thats something you end up doing a LOT. I generally don't leave home without 50 maxdoc 1s at a time.

Top Bottom