Crimson Curse – new cards revealed!

+
the tweaks looked good. we agreed in trynet's discord at least that protofleder had looked nutty at 9p and 10p seems like a better home.

I think knut is a provision more expensive as well now which makes sense to me. sigvald still just looks like a better vandergrift. I know you can't just compare card to card faction to faction and maybe it's fine since SK has historically had so few lock targets (this apepars to be changing) but vandergrift is row locked as well while this guy isn't, doesn't have the 2 damage perk, and is 5 for 7 compared to 6 for 8.

Yay, boon
What's up with that. //edit. ok now I know.
Blahblah I'm not gonna spam some platitudes. Or am I
11 prov. Max 9 rounds. 8 actually. makes it 16 value but first gotta kill 9 hp unit. Leaving 7 val. Can be taken out by Torrential Rain, that's right.

//nice to have boons back then :D

More incredibely brilliant and genuinely genius analysis from me up there. You gotta read it all. (a sarcasm)
Love the Portal, 12 value 2 thin. Maybe more. Though the text is kind of troublesome, "summons on both sides of this unit (artifact)"

A generic comment here. Love the cards, definitely gonna play them, I don't think they're too bad, even if some seem so. I hope the game won't be obvious and will gain depth. Cheers.

Last edited:
Yay, boon
What's up with that.
Blahblah I'm not gonna spam some platitudes. Or am I
11 prov. Max 9 rounds. 8 actually. makes it 16 value but first gotta kill 9 hp unit. Leaving 7 val. Can be taken out by Torrential Rain, that's right.
You can play the vampire first and then Crimson Curse, thus you will get 1 more round out of it without sacrificing additional hp. Furthermore, Blood Moon is spawned on both rows so you can get up to 28 value when sacrificing an 7 hp unit. And even if the enemy plays a weather effect, you will nonetheless get the boost on the other row.

Duchess's Informant looks too powerful...
One point spy for the opponent and...
a base copy of any good card for you! 5 provisions... Even without combos it's easy to find a card with good provision cost that can give you lots of points.

That would mean having even more 4 provision cards in your deck, which are also usable with Portal and not getting bricked by drawing them, rendering Caretaker useless. That's quite the risk.

It might sounds completely bad, and it might be absolutely awful, but I want to make a deck with Portal to pull Swordmaster, Pyrotechnician, and Scout, you add some traps and more artifacts to the mix + Sage and Caretaker, and you'll have a fairly consistent Portal into some valuable engines + Half-Elf and Hawker synergy.

Duchess's Informant looks too powerful...
One point spy for the opponent and...
a base copy of any good card for you! 5 provisions... Even without combos it's easy to find a card with good provision cost that can give you lots of points.

Yes, I have the feeling that some conditions are missing. This unit should'nt be able to copy gold cards. It would be the worst nightmare of big monsters.

On another note, I must say that this expansion is very promising. Each new subfaction seems to have a strong identity. I'm a Scoiata'el player but I really want to try vampires, Toussaint and the SK cultists. And of course, the art is amazing as always.

Cinthra is maybe the most disappointing of all those subfactions.

UPDATE!

Neutral: 18/31
Northern Realm: 8/14
Nilfgaard: 8/14
Scoia'tael: 10/14
Monster: 11/14
Skellige: 9/14

Cards revealed in the new trailer that wasn't given further details last stream:
- Milton de Peyrac-Peyran
- Anna Henrietta
- Detlaff: True/Monster form
- Katakan
- Orianna
- A 3 base power Dryad
- Syvanna or Sylvia Anna
Post automatically merged:

Just a speculation about the new leaders.

MO (Vampire theme) = Dettlaff
NG (Toussaint theme) = Anna Henreitta
NR (Cintra theme) = my guess is Queen Calanthe
as for ST and SK, my knowledge about Dryads and Cultist is not that wide. Anyone has deeper knowledge about Dryads and Cultists?

Last edited:
The Crimson Curse special card is interesting, but I'm looking forward to seeing how good it turns out to be.
The ceiling value I can eyeball is 18, Requiring 4 turns of setup.
You play a 2 vampires (1 to each row, so no portal shenanigans), then a 6 STR unit (Which has to be unharmed) and then sacrifice the 6 STR unit to CC.
This will give you 6 turns (as you now have 6 cards left in hand) for a (4x6)-6 = 18 point play given that your opponent doesn't react and remove 1 or more of the vampires from their designated row.
18 points for an 11 provision card is nuts, but it is easily disruptable through damage or weather effects, both post and pre CC being played.

It mostly boils down to how popular weather will be in the CC expansion and if people will bring even more control elements in their deck than usual.

There is also a consideration of using Ruehin to fuel the crimson curse, but he is only viable in DW or AQ Consume and the CC Special card itself would now only generate 16 points while simultaneously waste a lot of points where you're playing vampires (that might be removed before being buffed) instead of using cards to consume Ruehin.

Honestly surprising in my opinion is that we've only seen 1 vampire that synergizes with the Bloodmoon and only 1 card that synergizes with vampires itself so far.

rrc

Forum veteran
Different faction, different rules.
Come on @4RM3D! Different Faction different Rules? The only rule I see is, SK always ALWAYS gets better cards than ST with similar ability. For the same 8 provisions, no other Order engines have 6 power, but he can be better, much better. That just seems unfair. Why not he have 5 Power?

Different faction, different rules? The rule being what? ST should keep sucking and SK always getting better cards? Unless Pavko changes to be better (which I highly doubt it) this is a clear blatant favorism shown by CDPR towards SK (or the opposite: they just hate ST).

Look at the cards revealed? ST cards are by war the worst in the latest batch. If a similar card to Water of Brokilon was to be added to SK or MO, it would be priced at 7 provisions max. For ST, of course it is 9, just pure pathetic card.

Yep I can see the usual SK bias from CDPR. It's getting to the point where I might have to commit to the "Gwent is uninstalled" gang. I definetly think I committed to the wrong faction, I like points. ST seems only about removal as it's main tactic.

The Brokilon Sentinel has an incredibly strong bum. Amazing!

• RED Point
Reactions: rrc
Come on @4RM3D! Different Faction different Rules? The only rule I see is, SK always ALWAYS gets better cards than ST with similar ability. For the same 8 provisions, no other Order engines have 6 power, but he can be better, much better. That just seems unfair. Why not he have 5 Power?

Different faction, different rules? The rule being what? ST should keep sucking and SK always getting better cards? Unless Pavko changes to be better (which I highly doubt it) this is a clear blatant favorism shown by CDPR towards SK (or the opposite: they just hate ST).

Look at the cards revealed? ST cards are by war the worst in the latest batch. If a similar card to Water of Brokilon was to be added to SK or MO, it would be priced at 7 provisions max. For ST, of course it is 9, just pure pathetic card.

I cannot judge until poison is fully revealed, but I agree so far ST is not fairing well. I just disagree that SK got the best of this expansion. NR seems like it will be broken strong. Between engine summoning from portal, basically unlimited ways to unlock/cure negative statuses, and shield, NR is going to be broken ASF. Also NG has some intriguing combos that will result from the current reveals (even before seeing the whole picture.) SK seems unlikely to use many of the beserk cards because to get their true value they must be very vulnerable to removal. Also I suspect vampires may end up being much stronger than people realize when combined with deathblow.

Yes, I have the feeling that some conditions are missing. This unit should'nt be able to copy gold cards. It would be the worst nightmare of big monsters.
[...]
The Gwent Open #8 has shown just how good Big Monsters trully are, however that aside.
It is not just Big Monsters, that card would trade up with basicly anything.
If Informant could copy cards like Regis: Bloodlust etc it would at he very last be an 7/5 and be on the level of Skjall.
I cannot imagine them wanting to break NG.
Pumkin should actually be right with the describtion that if it can target Gold cards it would be a Tier 0.5 deck and be by far the most broken and unheathy card in the game.

The only rule I see is, SK always ALWAYS gets better cards than ST with similar ability.

And NR already has Botchling, which is also a better version of Pakvo. Pakvo is just a mediocre card (sorry Burza). It would be logical that there are going to be better cards.

And for the sake of argument, even if what you say is true, that still doesn't dismiss the fact that you shouldn't compare cards cross faction in a vacuum because some cards could be potentially broken in another faction.

Top Bottom