Current Card List - Gwentify

+
Having an option to have a very weak deck in a highly competitive game is not a good thing. In my opinion, it's a recipe for disaster, and I already explained why. Players should have viable and meaningful choices, and not crappy and meaningless ones.

You talk as if 25 is the only number you can build decks with ,, there are cards that draw from decks now and IMO archetypes like discard Skellige should usually have more than 25 since you'll run out of cards soon

It doesn't matter how many cards they'll add to the game. Unless the devs change the amount of Gold and Silver cards a player can have in his deck, the 25 card meta will stay the same. All of the decks that they construct and give people to play the game with during events and game conventions only have 25 cards. A coincidence? I don't think so. If you're a casual player, then it's perfectly fine by me. You can build your deck however you want. I for one want Gwent to be a competitive game that will grow into an actual e-sport. I'm sure that CDPR wants it as well. You can't just expect a newbie with a 40 card deck to know exactly why his deck sucks. Someone has to tell him that having 25 cards is the way to go, and that someone should be CDPR, in my opinion. Most players, even the casual ones, will always want to play what's good and what's viable in a competitive environment. The devs should take note of that and make it as easy as possible for a player to prepare for the actual game. Changing the maximum amount of cards that you can have in a deck to 25 is a good first step.

By the way, Call of Duty never was a competitive game. When I'm saying "competitive", I'm talking about ranked mode.

---------- Updated at 01:09 PM ----------

You talk as if 25 is the only number you can build decks with ,, there are cards that draw from decks now and IMO archetypes like discard Skellige should usually have more than 25 since you'll run out of cards soon
I'd be glad to prove otherwise by playing a real Skellige discard-based deck with 25 cards against you or anyone else in beta.

Last edited:
It doesn't matter how many cards they'll add to the game. Unless the devs change the amount of Gold and Silver cards a player can have in his deck, the 25 card meta will stay the same. All of the decks that they construct and give people to play the game with during events and game conventions only have 25 cards. A coincidence? I don't think so. If you're a casual player, then it's perfectly fine by me. You can build your deck however you want. I for one want Gwent to be a competitive game that will grow into an actual e-sport. I'm sure that CDPR wants it as well. You can't just expect a newbie with a 40 card deck to know exactly why his deck sucks. Someone has to tell him that having 25 cards is the way to go, and that someone should be CDPR, in my opinion. Most players, even the casual ones, will always want to play what's good and what's viable in a competitive environment. The devs should take note of that and make it as easy as possible for a player to prepare for the actual game. Changing the maximum amount of cards that you can have in a deck to 25 is a good first step.

By the way, Call of Duty never was a competitive game. When I'm saying "competitive", I'm talking about ranked mode.

---------- Updated at 01:09 PM ----------

I'd be glad to prove otherwise by playing a real Skellige discard-based deck with 25 cards against you or anyone else in beta.

You haven't even played the game yet and you are acting like 25 card decks are the only way to play Gwent. Do you know all the deck combinations? Can you say with absolute certainty that no deck benefits going over 25? Don't get me wrong i am all for 25 card decks. It probably is the best choice in most cases but you cant say with certainty that it is always the best choice and i can tell you now you will lose against decks that are above the minimum limit with your 25 card deck. Is it so difficult to understand that in certain decks you might want to go a little above 25? You dont think cdpr has thought about this before?

I really don't understand your argument. you are worried about the competitive game? if someone isn't smart enough to understand that a 40 card deck is bad without cdpr telling him then he isnt good enough to be competitive in the first place. Cutting the maximum limit to 25 wont change that. Besides the competitive scene isnt the only thing that matters. I assure you there will be more casual players than competitive players. Some people like to experiment going over 25. If you want to play 25 card decks do that. if someone wants to go above let them.

Last edited:
So, let me get this straight.

The reason why 25 cards is the Meta, is because 25 cards is the minimum and you can only have 10 silver+gold cards, and therefore you have the best chance of getting stronger cards/synergy if you use a 25 card deck.

@mestro_rolando your suggestion to protect new players from 40 card deck losses is to make the new maximum amount 25? That would not solve the problem, but would rather just create another problem.

- First, if the new maximum is 25, what is the new minimum? If its 18, or 20, then 18-20 will become the new meta. That means, following this argument, that you will want CDPR to protect noobs who use 25 card decks, and make the new maximum 20.

- Second, if the maximum is 25, and the minimum is 25, then every.single.deck will always be 25, regardless of what level of player you are, what your preferred build is, and how you want to balance your cards. This cannot be something CDPR wants to do, because it would artificially limit the ability to build decks any way you want, whether they are "meta" or not. This is not happening.

While I appreciate your suggestion here, I feel it is misguided. CDPR shouldnt step in and reduce the maximum to 25; instead, it should be the community members of Gwent who are vocal enough about deck builds that all players - new and old - focus on card efficiency with builds, and have the knowledge to know to avoid having a 40 card deck.

Yes, I can say that with absolute certainty. It's obvious to any player that has played the original Gwent as much as I have, who got ~80% win-rate during the KTS event playing all decks, and who is able to understand that lowering your chances of getting Silver and Gold cards is a bad idea in general.

I'm simply talking about making the game more new player friendly. That along with a good PR campaign is what made games like Hearthstone, LoL, and CS: GO popular. When the game is popular it draws more players which means a very active competitive scene and more money for the developers to make the game even bigger and better.

---------- Updated at 02:19 PM ----------

Deck size (minimum and maximum) should be 25 cards, since it's exactly the deck size that you'll always encounter in a high-level play. It's clear as day already.

Last edited:
I don't need to say my point do i guy's lol i think you all know #25. Also im burnt out about talking why 25 is best, quick point about making 25 max, if they done this they would not put in place a new min amount, as ive said before i feel the window is a safety net meaning if CDPR decided that 30 was the best number then the window would be 30-45.

Yes, I can say that with absolute certainty. It's obvious to any player that has played the original Gwent as much as I have, who got ~80% win-rate during the KTS event playing all decks, and who is able to understand that lowering your chances of getting Silver and Gold cards is a bad idea in general.

I'm simply talking about making the game more new player friendly. That along with a good PR campaign is what made games like Hearthstone, LoL, and CS: GO popular. When the game is popular it draws more players which means a very active competitive scene and more money for the developers to make the game even bigger and better.

---------- Updated at 02:19 PM ----------

Deck size (minimum and maximum) should be 25 cards, since it's exactly the deck size that you'll always encounter in a high-level play. It's clear as day already.

No you cant say that with absolute certainty because you don't know all the combinations and strategies. So don't pretend like you do. Nothing is clear as day as you put it and what has your win-rate during kts have to do with anything? You won that many matches because you were mostly playing against people who haven't played gwent before. It has nothing to do with deck size. Also why are you using W3 gwent as an argument? That's a completely different game. You can't compare a mini-game within W3 with the standalone version. Again i too believe that in most cases you shouldn't go over 25 in fact i would say in the vast majority of cases it's a bad idea but to say its never a good idea before playing the actual game (no your limited experience in kts doesn't count) is frankly a bit short sighted.

Last edited:
If you're a casual player, then it's perfectly fine by me.

Oh, a complete casual I suppose. I am glad you don't mind.

All of the decks that they construct and give people to play the game with during events and game conventions only have 25 cards. A coincidence?

It can be in that way because CDP RED didn't want to reveal more cards than it has to. But I am a new in Gwent so it is probably not true.

Someone has to tell him that having 25 cards is the way to go, and that someone should be CDPR, in my opinion. Most players, even the casual ones, will always want to play what's good and what's viable in a competitive environment. The devs should take note of that and make it as easy as possible for a player to prepare for the actual game. Changing the maximum amount of cards that you can have in a deck to 25 is a good first step.

Totally agree!! They should fix the number of cards in deck to 25. The second thing they should do is some sort of solution for casual players. The solution has to show me and others casuals which cards I should put into my deck and when and how to proper use them. We all should be equal! No matter what amount of time we sacrificed to get to know the game.

It can be in that way because CDP RED didn't want to reveal more cards than it has to. But I am a new in Gwent so it is probably not true.

Well decks on WGW Were i would say the basest that are possible now, because:

-No Siege Machines in NR,
-No Monster nest and absorbing STR Units, even Foglets in Monsters,
-Not that much for Discard Skellige archetype and no Berserkers in Skellige,
-No Face-Down Units in Scoia'tael,

I'm sure that they didn't want to scare players by the possibilities (and stiiill in maaany cases, by changes from W3).

EDIT: Also, if they didn't want to reveal many cards, why would they give Molster so many cards for GwentDB ?

Last edited:
Only I know what I can and what I can't say with absolute certainty, mate.

I'm sure that most people who played during the KTS event has played the original Gwent before and are familiar with the rules.

I can easily compare The Witcher 3 version of Gwent with standalone version, because the basic rules haven't changed. For example, you still benefit greatly from having as low amount of cards as possible in your deck.

You can think whatever you want about my opinion on the matter of the optimal deck size. It doesn't change the facts.

---------- Updated at 03:40 PM ----------

Totally agree!! They should fix the number of cards in deck to 25. The second thing they should do is some sort of solution for casual players. The solution has to show me and others casuals which cards I should put into my deck and when and how to proper use them. We all should be equal! No matter what amount of time we sacrificed to get to know the game.
I'm pretty sure that I spent more time making decks and guides to them on gwentdb.com than you spent thinking about one deck, and yet I still think that new players need help with getting into the game. It's the whole reason why I made all these decks in the first place. It'll help them to get better at the game, and it'll make the game bigger. So, everyone wins. Besides, having a good deck doesn't make you a good player. Lots of people that play Hearthstone have copied their decks from pros. How many of them have Legend?

Last edited:
Not sure if you're trolling or serious.. We both know this game is totally different to W3 when it comes to cards and gameplay mechanics because it's a PvP and even the campaigns are separate since they'll put some cards there that don't work in PvP.

Not sure if you're trolling or serious.. We both know this game is totally different to W3 when it comes to cards and gameplay mechanics because it's a PvP and even the campaigns are separate since they'll put some cards there that don't work in PvP.
So what if it's a PvP game now? It doesn't change the fact that the basic rules of Gwent remained mostly unchanged. Even the developers agree with that. If it's so hard for you to understand then feel free to move along, mate.

I'm all for having friendly discussions, Riven-Twain. It's just that it's hard to do so when people are trying to rip you a new one just for posting a suggestion to the developers.

New Artworks:

Vabjorn and Katakan: http://imgur.com/a/JwCXq

Last edited:
Top Bottom