Cyberpunk 2077 FPP/TPP confirmed

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
As far as the Wastelands are concerned, I hope they handle it the same as they're doing in TW3 - everything accessible, but you're probably get killed if you go to the wrong place too soon.

And yes, TPP gameplay with FPP for ironsights/scoping please.

Providing player choice is generally a good thing.

Still, that said, I hope we get FPP primary. I've had some great melee fun in Chivalry, so it's definitely possible to do.

Hey. There are mirrors. You dress up IRL and check yourself out all the time. Any reflective surface works.

Also TPP for driving, getting in and out of cars and of course, my beloved finishing moves.

What, you gotta see your own ass all game long? You vain or something?

You forgot these.

I play Skyrim and I can't help but think that although I DO look incredibly cool, ( I should, again, upload a screenie), I mostly look cool when not moving.

I KNOW. Bethesda is crapping all over animation world. BUT. The same was true in Max Payne 3 and GTA, as I recall. Also the Witcher. Awkward. That thing with his shoulders..

These people things just don't move like humans. Which is too bad, since my GOD, I look awesome in Skyrim. When not moving.

As far as the Wastelands are concerned, I hope they handle it the same as they're doing in TW3 - everything accessible, but you're probably get killed if you go to the wrong place too soon.

ohhh.........this is the FPP/TPP thread......you are talking off topic, please go to the the Wasteland thread :p

Providing player choice is generally a good thing.

Still, that said, I hope we get FPP primary. I've had some great melee fun in Chivalry, so it's definitely possible to do.

TPP primary, otherwise movement looks stupid... always... there have been no exceptions...

TPP primary, otherwise movement looks stupid... always... there have been no exceptions...

I take it you mean games where you can see your own character model, but which aren't so-called "TPP primary"? TES series and Fallout 3/NV? Any others?

If the game was pure FPS, movement would be perfect. NPC movement would be precise and often scripted, and you wouldn't see your own movement. In a pure third person game you'd have to look at your own character jumping around and zigzagging like a crazy person, since that's pretty much how people play games. :cool:

ohhh.........this is the FPP/TPP thread......you are talking off topic, please go to the the Wasteland thread :p

So it is. I took the wrong turn at the lights.

OK. I really, REALLY want to spend most of the game thinking how cool my protagonist looks. It has to be TPP.

OK. I really, REALLY want to spend most of the game thinking how cool my protagonist looks. It has to be TPP.

Same here.

Moreover, I don't buy the "movement is better in FPP" argument; if anything it seems inorganic because you often feel like you're floating. I also like TPP because it provides a 360 degree sense of the environment in relation to your character, as opposed to the FPP, where you can only see ahead and some ways on the sides.

So it is. I took the wrong turn at the lights.
Hey, you're the oppressive mod, you don't need to apologize.

Also, was there the discussion about what exact style of TPP we would prefer? After all there are multiple possibilities.

- The way it was in Fallout.... camera meters away from the character...

- And the way it was in Max Payne 3 or Skyrim or RE4.... over-the-shoulder-view.

I'd prefer the view they used in those later games...... In Fallout I almost always played in FPP just because my character seemed too far away for my taste in TPP.

Also, was there the discussion about what exact style of TPP we would prefer? After all there are multiple possibilities.

- The way it was in Fallout.... camera meters away from the character...

- And the way it was in Max Payne 3 or Skyrim or RE4.... over-the-shoulder-view.

I'd prefer the view they used in those later games...... In Fallout I almost always played in FPP just because my character seemed too far away for my taste in TPP.

I imagine it wil be very similar to TW3 until a ranged weapon is drawn, then I would expect the camera to tighten up a bit and hang over our shoulder.

Cyberpunk 2077 FPP/TPP confirmed

Aww, damn. This means almost unequivocably that combat will be that of a traditional first person shooter (read: boring and repetitive shit we get from all directions these days) with only slight statistical character based quips to keep the shooting as "fluid, responsive and -shootery-" as possible.

Here's hoping CDPR tries something unconventional with this.

I take it you mean games where you can see your own character model, but which aren't so-called "TPP primary"? TES series and Fallout 3/NV? Any others?

Those games, as well as every fpp game with any kind of multiplayer. Character movements look fricking stupid. COD, Halo, Battlefield, Army Of Two, and pretty much every other FPS going all the way back to goldeneye.

If the game was pure FPS, movement would be perfect. NPC movement would be precise and often scripted, and you wouldn't see your own movement. In a pure third person game you'd have to look at your own character jumping around and zigzagging like a crazy person, since that's pretty much how people play games. :cool:

I can't help, nor do I care, how other people play games. If they want to zig zag, jump around, push their thumb up their ass and say sooey... I don't care... I just don't want to see the characters looking like automotons... running straight but moving sideways, jumping without springing their legs... it just looks like ass. If the game was pure fps it would be shitty... it would invalidate the entire point of customization and it would make melee/hand to hand crappy.

I realize some people buy into the fallacy that FPP is somehow more immersive... but the plain simple truth is, I want to see my character doing cool shit, and I want him to look cool doing it.

In the perfect game, TPP is default. The fpp fans won''t notice the difference, there is no downside for them to program in TPP default. If you are playing in fpp, you won't care if the animations for you character are smooth or not... but to the people who prefer tpp, it makes a world of difference.

Regarding the whole "immersion" issue, I don't honestly think I'm the only one who watched TV, movies as a child and teenager (and adult, a lot of the time) seeing the hero/heroine and picturing yourself in his/her place. We've all been conditioned to see ourselves in the third-person in that situation. I've never understood why this isn't considered just as easy in a game.

TV and movies aren't very immersive - how could they be? You are safely outside the perspective.

When a movie wants to scare you, for example, it tightens up the shot so you're right there, as much as possible.

FPP would not invalidate customization at all, you simply wouldn't be staring at your own ass all the time. You'd have to actually look at yourself. Like in real life. Funny how people dress to impress IRL and don't complain about the lack of a camera to watch themselves.

Take a lot of selfies if you need to.

The FPP fans will absolutely notice a difference if TPP is the default - all TPP-based shooters are clumsy when it comes to first person. All I can think of. Good FP perspective actually requires a bit of work in order not to feel floaty and disconnected. TPP, by nature of you using invisible puppet strings, is disconnected from the get go.

This is a fun argument, but here's a thought:

How will we even know what the "default" for CP2077 is? Heh. Maybe it will be TPP and they screw up on it or you don't like it somehow. Unless CDPR tells us, we will never know what the starting and primary perspective is. Ever. Evvvverrrr.

I hope they don't tell us.

Looks like I'm one of those few ones who would take FPP over TPP any day. Can't even imagine playing Deus Ex or Thief in third person

Looks like I'm one of those few ones who would take FPP over TPP any day. Can't even imagine playing Deus Ex or Thief in third person

It's each to their own. I used to feel the same way, but my opinion has changed now that there are actually some decent 3rd person shooting games that don't fuck up aiming through TPP.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom