Cyberpunk 2077 — Our Commitment to Quality

+
If they don't either expand the endings to make them less terrible or give us some insight in possible post ending DLC, this is all pointless. I'm not going to hang around waiting for bugfixes if you don't give me some hope there will also be contet fixes, easy as that.

They're not going to but their job was also made harder by people who spread stories like, "V dies in Nomad or Legend."

Which doesn't happen.

They're not going to but their job was also made harder by people who spread stories like, "V dies in Nomad or Legend."

Which doesn't happen.
here we go again. This is a thread about calling them out for the differences between their promises and what they delivered (or thanking them for all their great work) not about claiming that you know what they are going to do. None of us knows but we can still ask them for improvements and communication, right?

Are they?
Bethesda games are pretty profilic open world games and they don’t have any?
That is their take on open world game. I am talking about CDPR here, TW3 has a nice Gwent card game, there are arcade machine lying around the street, logically should have a mini game.

I admit, I've never played a single minigame in all the Yakuza, GTA, and Watch_Dogs I've played over the years unless it was mandated.
I have never played any games from GTA and Watch Dogs because they don't hold any value to build up for, just like modern society most people just pay little attention, get a little fun during break time and then forget it. Unless they make another card game like Gwent, give people challenges to collect and assemble dream deck.

I don't agree with every single point, but I agree with most of them.

But it is quite apparent that most of the people who enjoy this game are the people who only care about the story. Gameplay is something they don't know how to value. They don't know what good gameplay feels like. It's your typical casuals.

If you enjoy the game for what it is, fine. But I hard disagree with anyone who calls this game a "masterpiece". That's my opinion anyway.

And, sorry, but it's an elitist opinion - basically doing the same as, say, hardcore fans of Radiohead who look down on others who like 'Creep'.

Calling 'fake fan' on people just because you think they sink fewer hours in than you, that their opinion matters less than yours but also ruins your experience by causing CDPR to dumb down - it's alienating a wider audience that is sorely needed.

Gaming is a healthy pastime for most of us, and doing it more than others doesn't mean you're somehow better. If that is your currency, though, I'm more than happy to lay down my 29 years of nigh-on daily games-playing as collateral.

I'm enjoying most elements of the game and am really looking forward to seeing it improve because the people at CDPR don't come into work (or log on) to do a crap job. I'm astonished, frankly, at what they were able to produce working remotely, with all the constraints etc that that entailed. Not to mention the pressure from the unreasonable suits who clearly understand nothing of development (that is CDPR's biggest crime, in addition to the last-gen console debacle).

That doesn't mean it's perfect, but I typically laugh at the stuff that's broken or incomplete - because that stuff's funny, and it's only a game. I work around it, have a laugh or a little sigh, and move on; because life's too short.

When the game falls a bit short in 'immersion' (a term I absolutely despise, but I use because people know what I mean), my imagination fills in the blanks, because, like all art, you have to be prepared to bring something to the table to complete the experience.

There are glimpses of the potential there: enough for me to see what it is they intend to achieve, so I'm willing to be patient, and to carry on playing regardless. With CDPR's history of swathing changes after release (Witcher 3 was unrecognisable after a year), this could be the last time of being able to play it in its current form, so why not? There's shonkiness and incomplete or 'immersion-breaking' stuff in every game. So what?

I might play less regularly (playthrough #1 is at 100 hrs now, though: is that enough?), but I'm going to keep coming back because not to do so would be to cut off my nose to spite my face.

It also means a much happier life all-round!

The sentiment of the apology is appreciated and is far better than silence.

However, it does not address the biggest issues of the game. They are not the bugs. The bugs are fixable. The 'old' console versions will work to a certain degree at some point.

The main issue is that the marketing of the game promised features and scope that is nowhere to be seen.

These issues seems all but impossible to fix at this point. The main story has awful pacing and can be completed in about 20 hours. The side content, appart from a few main-story-related quests, is cookie-cutter. The AI is pretty much non-existent. The gameplay is equivalent to 10+ year old games.

I love The Witcher series, and I believe in CDPR. I still have hopes for a decent Cyberpunk-franchice, but I'm not that optimistic about 2077.

That being said, I did enjoy the game, but I'm disappointed.

I have never played any games from GTA and Watch Dogs because they don't hold any value to build up for, just like modern society most people just pay little attention, get a little fun during break time and then forget it. Unless they make another card game like Gwent, give people challenges to collect and assemble dream deck.

Never played Gwent either. Just here for the story driven narrative gameplay.

Glad a lot of people liked it, though.

That is their take on open world game. I am talking about CDPR here, TW3 has a nice Gwent card game, there are arcade machine lying around the street, logically should have a mini game.

Oh we were talking about CDPR’s take on open world specifically. That wasn’t clear from your statement.

It’s kind of weird to say that CDPR established “essentiality” for minigames because their one open world game had one minigame, but alright then.

Gwent was fun game, though, I’ll give you that.

that's good to hear and all that. but a part of me feels i am still not convinced. you need A LOT of work to do in order to "fix" this. i mean bugs and glitches are just the beginning. there's cut content and also plot holes and inconsitencies with the world as well as the poorly written endings that need fixing too.

Also Night City feels very dead to me

Unless you go total "No mans sky" on this badboy I don't know how this game can end up as advertised.
You got a game with tons of missing features, close to non exsistent AI, subpar physics, balance issues and a "few" bugs.

It does look good, has awesome dialogue, cool characters, a really cool world and atmosphere.
Soundtrack is spot on too.

I question whether anything at all has been learnt by your PR department when the road map - a device used describe a future destination and a route by which to arrive there - requires me to about turn and look to the past for 40% of its route. The next 10% describes bringing it to a minimal viable product on base consoles, then has nothing to say at all until an update for the next console iterations; which for the life of me, I cannot in anyway see a necessity for as they are pretty much PCs... which get no mention at all.

What's the destination here; Sony's storefront?

I'm still waiting to read the answer of : what's new on this cyberpunk? What makes it a masterpiece? A revolution in RPG? A change in videogames industry? And all other comments they claimed about the game in the pasts years?

They apologize about the bugs to avoid the actual apologize about our "misinterpretation" (cause we're all stupid) of their marketing strategy.

Is really more than a GTA5 scenario with 10 years of software and hardware advancement?
If you change the clothing and the cars (not necessary), that city could be placed 2000, 2010 or 2020 (or 1980).

Appart from that, what does this game offer of value?
(1) fresh characters (does any character has inner conflicts?)?
(2) good dialogs (actually know why your going to reply)?
(3) complex story (subplots and well rounded events)?
(4) character evolution (story)?
(5) customization (apartment, clothing, weapons, stats)?
(6) exploring (difficulties in explore the vast map)?
(7) gameplay system (innovation in combat, actions, etc)?
(8) combat balance (trough, branches and trough levels)?
(9) strategy and planning (several paths to solve same puzzle, kinds puzzles)?

(10) For those who argue that the main point was the story, then why the vast scenario/open world is necessary to tell such a story?
(11) For those who argue its an RPG, well, which are the map discovery-pitfalls or handycaps? Where are the inmersive subquests and characters? Where are the superbosses? The zones you cannot approach because its insane difficulty (not refering to same NPC with higher stats)?
(12) For those who argue its an action-story, whay can you decide?
(13) For those who argue its a sandbox, whay can you build, buy, destroy, change, collect or interact with?

How can this be fixed with patches and DLCs?

(14) How can you be satisfied with a "roadmap" (do you really know what a roadmap is?) consisting on a BAR, some vertical lines with 1.1 1.2 and two squares [ ] saying "DLC"?

I'm honestly trying to understant people who defends this game above what it would be a 6,5/10 or 7/10. What is your background what you compare it against?

I'm not against this game at all, In fact I wish 90% of the games hadn't dragons, axes and ultra muscled heroes, but instead were more futuristic or space-opera games (distopic or not).

I love the game even in it's current state with 100 hours in, though around level 30 and full cred the sidequests are feeling quite a bit more thin than before. I have had bugs and crashes, even quite a bit of small bugs but the quality of many aspects of the game have still outweighted those. However, I still hope you will add to the world and restore the so-called cut content, and also listen to the playerbase, like allowing more romance options (and make Panam bi FFS) and flesh out the story and world.

TBH as one who rarely replays games it feels weird doing a completionist run currently, knowing or at least hoping that there would be enough future changes to warrant a fresh take on the "finished" game...

I cannot understand why they so kin on multi-console.
A good game did not need to be available on every console.
For example Final Fantasy only available on PS does not affect its score.

Most people own more than one machine, the problem is you made a mislead to people who both own PC and console,
they thought they will be free to choose which platform!
If you give up the console at first, user can choose the right PC version and made less complain.

Also, if you give up the multi-console policy, you can put more effort on fixing bug on one platform.
Since most of us own only one version (PC or XBOX or PS),
the game work fine on other platform do not add any marks for most player.
If you playing at PC, its performance on PS wont affect your game experience and vice versa.
Well, its too late but in future, If you keep 5 parallel version,
then you have to do 5 times bug fix but player can only benefit on 1/5 which apply on their copy.

Solo, after the recent reports was this all smoke and mirrors?

No, it's not.
They simply cannot say they knew the game wasn't ready when they said so, as that would give enough evidence for the on going lawsuit to be won.

Supporting the game, fixing it and realising some cut content it's something that's going to happen.

Pre-ordered (GOG). Pre-loaded. Played 70+ hours. Reviewed it. Uninstalled it.
Playing Fallout: New Vegas (2010, GOG) until the real release.

That is a game I'd recommend to anyone expecting to play 2077 "when it's ready".
In fact, a lot of what happened around New Vegas should well serve
as a master example of a lot of things 2077 and CDPR are currently facing.

And perhaps, many of New Vegas' gameplay and theme aspects
(besides the plot, the stories and the overall structure)
would serve as a master example of what to expect from
a true open-world RPG with tangible choices and consequences.

I got 20hours out of it till I realized it's an empty shell of a game.

I'm peed off at myself for not realising what a POS this game was within 2 hours. I was expecting some kind of working, living ,breathing city. Instead we got a shallow broken mess.

Some of you must be blind to the bugs and problems. Is it some kind of gaming Stockholm syndrome?? Or is it ok that the company of the 'gamers' are allowed to flat out lie to us?

Theres gotta be some big repercussions for this, otherwise other gaming companies will be watching and rubbing their hands together with joy.

I'm on PC and peed off with it, at least if I was on console I would have seen the problems and immediately refunded this joke of a game.

This a new low that cannot be repeated, sue the crap outta em!

Top Bottom