Cyberpunk 2077 User Reviews & Impressions

+
MassEffect was about saving the galaxy.. Cyberpunk 2077 is about saving yourself.. ending you get, is ending you deserve based on what you did in that story... and its selfcontained story with some open choices. its up to you what you do, but dont expect whole world to change because of single V character decisions...

Oh, but I was not expecting that. I was, however, for all the relevant people I interact with to be a bit more than a voice-mail when credits roll. Like, when you bring the scrolls to the cop and you're promised more work but... nothing. Or when, no matter what you do, the soldier snuffs it, even if you're helping Regina find a cure for cyberpsychosis, or how no matter what you do, most of the side tasks you do are just that, with no effect on the world, on your character, your story and definitely not on the ending.

CP is about survival, yeah, but there are no choices there. You're literally on a rail and, what's even worse, you can't continue your saga, regardless of the choices you made in the main story, as the game just rolls back to a moment before you pass the point of no return, literally telling you "you know what? doesn't matter what you chose. Here! do some more pointless gigs that also won't change shit for anyone - your friends, a gang you favour, or the random passer-byes. You don't get to assist River in his attempt to make the world a better place, you just hear it's gonna happen. And funny enough, that's the only partner you have that's still in NC doing... something. Everyone else is either away or just a footnote of a footnote. You can't help the Moxes, you can't fight back against Biotechnica, can't make a dent in the strength of either Militech or Saka.

Say one doesn't want to buddy up to Johnny. 'Cause, you know... nukes and innocent people. The consequences of that are... hmm... less content, less gear and... nope, that's about it. Say one would like to not back out of the fight to take over Clouds, with all them Tygers bosses being a bloody mess after the last encounter. Or let's imagine one would like the Aldecaldos to stick around some more, instead of the Wraiths, especially with all the gear they managed to capture - oh wait! they didn't, because that's in the future, when you actually help'em do that and get a cocktail named after you in the process. Say one would like to actually see the efforts of knocking out all the cyberwhachos amount to something other than an achievement on Gog or wherever.

You get where all this is going? Coupled with a fuckton of cut content that makes the story less logical for the average Joe that doesn't have an inkling as to what those biker twats chasing Goro are, with characters being removed from the game because it would take too much precious time to give'em a chance to stay and continue to be relevant, you're left with no sense of "pride and accomplishment" in a game universe that could actually offer that, with how rich a lore it has and how beautifully sculpted the actual place is.

I wanted to love this game so badly. I picked it up on Xbox One, and played it day one. I struggled through crashes, pop-ins, game breaking bugs. I played the hell out of this game, and got immersed in the writing, and my hopes that the game would be fixed were growing with every post-launch patch. I have played, and will continue playing it for a great while to come, but it may very well be the last red cent I spend on CDPR.

Any goodwill that I had reserved for the company has been burned away. Stealth censorship, lack of transparency and poor management decisions have made it clear that without a serious overhaul on the corporate end, CDPR is just another Bioware. A hopeful, heartful team of developers poisoned by their handlers.

I'm sorry, and I hope I'm wrong.

Do not buy this game.

Cyberpunk is invincible Hope in hopeless, darkest times.
Cyberpunk is Love defeating Death and Terror.
Cyberpunk cheats Death one way or another. Cyberpunk is transcendent. Cyberpunk takes your hand and leads you through shit and disaster into great beyond you, your friends and companions made possible. To value your efforts and accomplishments together. Cause in Cyberpunk heroes never die. And if they do - skies cry about them cause they die like Roland and El Sid. Like King Arthur. Like Joan of Arc. Like Jesus Christ. Saving the world and humanity with their ultimate sacrifice. Cause living in dirt they are not dirt. They are Heroes. And this is Cyberpunk way.

This game isnt Cyberpunk. It has nothing in common with the Cyberpunk. Only the name. Reds must read Gibson and others, watch movies and anime. Even play Deus Ex games. Maybe repeat this several times to realize how bad they shat in their pants. Especially i recommend to gather entire development team and to read Neuromancer for them. This will help for sure. But will not save this game. This Valley of Corpses with all endings being shit. Great disappointment.
323992687503af547103122eadd894f1.jpg

Last edited:
There were some things I liked, but it is drowned out by so much lack of content, dialogue, interaction, possibilities etc. (This is going to be a LONG text). Before I get to what made me completely lose interest in the game I will mention some unrelated things that didn't bother me too much but that I still wish to see overhauled and improved.

- You can't customize weapon skins in any way, which I think should be possible, perhaps not for Iconic weapons, or maybe Iconic weapons have even cooler skins you can change between.

- There is no way to upgrade or work on your vehicles. And you can't sell or get rid of one if you bought it by accident or don't want it anymore. This breaks immersion to a high degree in a game like this. And so far it only feels like Borderlands without the cartoony graphics. Let us make that shitty car into a beast in one or several garages, just like they have ripperdocs and so on.

- The random NPCs out in the city streets are wearing cooler clothes than V can ever get. Depending on the random loot of gigs and whatever you may get something nice you haven't seen before, but as I see it more than HALF of the the clothes I have seen on NPCs are not available from neither loot nor clothing stores around Night City. Please let us be able to get access to ALL the same clothes we see on NPCs.

- If you are dead set on making this multiplayer crap I'm hearing about you will lose most of your players. Multiplayer is NOT where your attention needs to be. Stop it. STOP.

- Traffic in the game is bizarre. I often like to drive normally and not be a complete maniac to try and RP or immerse myself into the game. But that is very difficult when cars just stop at random and NEVER move again for no reason, no obstacle no red stop lights etc. Traficants don't even attempt to drive around your stupidly parked vehicle, and very often cars will just change lane right in front of you, sometimes sending you flying into an NCPD patrol that ends up calling for reinforcements immediately so they can murder you for being cut off by a dumbass. Just.... Please make traffic more intelligent.

- On the topic of traffic, you will encounter NCPD on the streets of Night City, but to great frustration they will simply view you as a threat and immediately try to kill you for just walking casually up to them and looking at them for too long. I tried this with a patrol cause I wanted to see what they were doing, and this droid cop right away starts shouting "YOU HAVE 10 SECONDS TO COMPLY, MOVE AWAY FROM THE PREMISES" and I nearly shit myself. Note: They were just standing somewhere looking into the great nothing. I realize that fixing the wanted system and the police in general is a matter of some pretty hefty coding, but I can also murder like 10 cops in City Center and just run for 30 sec and they will forget all about me while frantically spawning in random locations behind me.

Now... Over to romance. This is what made me completely lose interest in the game as a whole, and I will explain why.
In for example Mass Effect or Dragon Age, what I remember the most from those games is the way I chose to play them around my choice of romance. The romance aspect in games like these have such a strong impact and absolutely does make or break a game. There is such a lack in depth when it comes to romance it feels completely flat and desolate of all immersion, that is AFTER successfully completing a romance.
For instance, I did Judy's romance and I LOVED it! The missions, the dialogues and just everything about it was amazing up to the point where you finish her story and successfully romance her. After that it all turns sour, there is no more interaction other than the same 3 repeating lines over and over, some cute texts and then that's it.
Now I will quote myself and another user "Trinixy" from some other threads regarding this issue which is currently ruining the whole game for so many people. This is what we think would bring a CRAPTON of life and immersion to the game:

This is a merge of 2 comments from the thread "Romance options and updates", both pretty much saying the same things, but I think both comments have really solid points:

MY COMMENT FROM "Romance options and updates":
I have quite a few points about romance companions I would like to make that I hope CDPR will seriously evaluate to bring A LOT more depth to the game, the romance companions and V as a character. I romanced Judy in my playthrough, still not halfway through the game though. And the story arc and everything about the Judy missions are really amazing in my opinion, up to the point where you complete "Pyramid Song". After successfully romancing Judy it all turns sour very fast and the following list of suggestions will definitely remedy that to some extent in terms of making romances actually FEEL like proper relationships, because at the moment they absolutely don't. I don't know how any other romances are currently, but this could be done for every single romance partner:

1. After successfully completing a romance, let the player be able to initiate physical interactions like kissing, hugging and even the occasional sexual intercourse. Perhaps with a short 24 hour cooldown in in-game time for example. Adding this with some new dialogue attached would go a LONG way.

2. MORE DIALOGUES. This is a must in my opinion. I can somewhat understand the lack of dialogue options before romance, but I think there should be more romance-related dialogue options from the start and way past successful romance/completion of final mission for romanceable NPCs. These options could be gradually unlocked as you progress the main missions, which would bring more depth to the game, romanced partners and V as a character.

3. Let the player invite their romance partner to V's apartment, and let the player also be able to sleep at the romance partner's place as well as store gear safely. This could be tied with physical interactions as well, for example when approaching the bed you get a prompt to "get busy" as they say, maybe even in the shower in V's apartment.

4. Why not be able to go on a date in Night City with your romance partner? Great way to get immersed in the incredible world and it could be woven in with more dialogue options. For example when progressing the story and unlocking more and deeper dialogues, they can be their own instances where you get a call or you call your romance to go on a date, and that is where you experience the new dialogues the first time. And of course the new dialogues should always be available after such an event! Very important in case the big "I love you" comes into play.

5. This one I assume could be very tricky, but I will mention it anyway. I had an idea where if you're about to assault a relatively difficult side gig or some such, you can in some cases get a prompt to call your romance partner for backup, and they'll fight with you to complete the gig. This can bring some cool RPG elements where your romance can have negative or positive reactions to the gig at hand, depending on their own morals. And after completing the gig together they will either kiss you goodbye or scoff and ignore you for a day or something.

That's about it I think. This is what I want to see regarding romances at least. Romances feel so empty at it's current state (mind you I have only romanced Judy and all the missions before successfully romancing her were amazing, these are mostly suggestions for after successful romance)

QUOTING USER «TRINIXY»:
The biggest issue by far is that the romance to your character of choice basically ends at the beginning of your relationship. Lack of depth and things to do, quests to go on past the first intimate moments left me so damn sad. It may sound silly to some but this will make or break it for me going forward. The single most rewarding experience in the game was my relationship and romance to Judy, it's what will stay with me in memory going forward. And any single bits more with her, messages, quests, events, intimacy and dialogue will make me play the game all over again. And this is why i don't advocate for more romance options atm because simply they would disappoint you all that want them i fear for the same reason. At the moment no matter where you finish Judy, Panam, River, Kerry you will still be left with the void of knowing the best has passed and your sweetheart is nothing more than few sweet messages and repeating lines of dialogue. It will crush you because you know all the investment and emotion you put into it leads to loneliness and unfulfillment.

I don't agree that the restrictions should be removed they were made to keep the integrity of the character and define them within their world and background story. Making the romances all player sexual takes away from the immersion in the realities of life. In a Cyberpunk future where unimaginable things are real this bit of human interaction and character is same as it is in reality and it is better for it. I personally feel that making everyone bi would water down the significance of who these characters are and sever many peoples connection they hold in relating to them and who they are at the core.

For purposes of hammering down the points that could improve on romance ill list few i wrote earlier:

1. Your character of choice for romance should be the only one that calls you by your full name after the start of the relationship.

2. Work on what is there already and build on it, randomize and expand the answers these characters can give us, its same lines atm, have them surprise us with different answers based on met conditions. If i ask Judy what new braindences she mixed up have her tell me 5 different things and let me choose other things to say based on her response.

3. More messages and text responses, this shouldn't be difficult but its what couples do endlessly so please. If they ask me what i want to eat for dinner or arrange a dinner after based on my response.... you get the point.

4. More quests together, casual or serious, romantic and sweet. Don't tell me that there isn't some misfit that wouldn't try get back at me tru my gf/bf in Night City, you can make so many stories its a damn gold mine.

5. More intimacy, option to kiss, hug should be somewhere in these responses we give to our person of choice. Ways to trigger more sex scenes with our partner, the ones already there are so damn tasteful and wonderfully artistic.

6. Don't make it easy. We want the challenge and sharp decision making to getting into the heart of ones we love. Triggering the intimate scenes should come with perfect decision making in dialogue choices and actions in quests/events.

7. Make more use of that apartment after they let us live with them i beg of you.

8. Let us take them with us in our car or on our bike on a mission. These characters are basically invincible and invisible anyways so just having them as support fire and some dialogue would mean so much already.

All these are within reach and not unreasonable. If at least some of the upper ones aren't met then please don't start introducing new romance options. "Quality over quantity, V." All the aforementioned can simply exist easy outside of the main storyline and simply build on the side. I'll tell you now that any new additions and changes that expands the romance of my character of choice will have me easily play tru all of the game again. And a separate multiplayer game without them as romance choice or extension of the main game will get no real interest from me. Build on your strengths, don't be a Destiny or Warframe that will get boring and beg for play tru simple grind. Build on story and dialogue and relationships that is what will make your audience sing praises.

And to anyone who actually read all this: Please make CDPR see this. They need to.

I'm a good way into the game, level 37ish/50 playing a male V.

I purposefully built a very high end PC for this game, and like most, was very excited to get into the CP universe.

After the Witcher series, Geralt was probably my favourite game character, with Witcher 3 and DLC being one of the best games I have played in many, many years. Sure it had some problems, but I really enjoyed almost every thing about it.

I have played MMOs since the early days with Ultima Online and Everquest, and while those were fun for a while, I always get bored. I much prefer single player games, as I find the story in a good single player game far more immersive than the MMO push to collect gear with slightly higher numbers.

After following CP2077 for a long while and watching every preview video CDPR did over the years, I was thinking this was going to be another masterpiece, and maybe my new favourite game.

The 48 minute 'gameplay' video and numerous developer comments about the depth of CP2077 looked so amazing, I could not wait for it to be released. This is one of the only games I have ever pre-ordered, as following on from The Witcher series, I thought they could do no wrong.

As soon as I booted it up, with all settings maxed with a 3090, my first thought was that it looked pretty good, maybe not amazing, but close to what those previous video previews looked like. For a while I was enjoying it, but I kept thinking something was missing, that it was not like what I had watched over the past few years.

I then made the mistake of re-watching that 48 minute 'gameplay' video, and a few similar comparison videos between developer videos and released gameplay. I couldn't believe just how much had been gutted from the game. Although I had been having fun with it, it showed just how much of a hollow shell was actually released.

Almost anything that would help with immersion had been removed, AI is pathetic, crowds are about as far from 'realistic' as you can get, with the same repeated dialogue, the '...' on talk comment because they have nothing to say. Duplicated NPCs everywhere, going nowhere, and if you follow them they either turn around and walk a circular pattern, or just stop moving altogether.

Buying and selling is atrocious, the equipment in the game has far less diversity than even a game like The Division has, and that is a lot closer to a small scale MMO than a single player experience. (depending on how you played it) Aside from adding a mod or clicking 'upgrade' equipment cannot be modified at all.

This game resembles a poorly made borderlands looter shooter than the most in depth RPG ever made, as alluded to by devs prior to release.

I couldn't even care less about the numerous bugs ... those can be fixed. What worries me more is that they may just not bother to try and put back in all the things that were either cut, or not actually in place at all, leaving this game as the very shallow mess it currently is.

I have put in a bit over 100 hours now, (a little of that is probably just game sitting paused when I do other things) as I roam about doing a lot of small side missions and clearing the map. I have been playing that way as I have read just how short the game is if I were just to do the main missions.

If the game had been as amazing as it looked before release, both beautiful looking and an incredibly in depth experience, I would have gladly paid full price for any content they released, and happily played for years if they kept adding quality content.

The CP universe has so much depth, and even in the shallow game they released there are so many things and places they could add to keep us playing for years. Other cities, other countries, the orbiting space stations, underwater bases, more vehicles, boats and planes/AVs, trains, the list is practically endless.

If CDPR are able to fix what they have massively screwed up and get it back to that 48 minute gameplay quality, and add more content, fix AI and npcs, more romance and friendship companions to travel the world with, more amazing places to explore, more challenging content, enemies, creatures in the irradiated wastelands of the world, then I could happily keep playing and spending money and time for years.

Unfortunately, that seems to be such a long, long way from what we currently have, it may never happen.

One thing I know is this ... if, as many have mentioned, they are intending to just make this a clone of GTA online, I will not give them another cent.

So, after almost 100 hours and finishing I have to say that there was almost nothing what was promised in the last 8 years. Ok, roadmaps change and some things get cut on the way, but in the end, this was in no way the momorable experience that was announced. At the current state this is a Ubisoft formula game in disguise. And they do them every year, so I really have to ask myself what CDPR did in almost 8 years.

Huge map, but lifeless and nothing proper to do. The bugs and glitches are unbearable at times, so the immersion is always on the brink. Don't get me wrong, the city is a phenomenal setting, but it is simply overdone for this little story. So many places that are unused, besides the endless repetitive and boring stuff. After 8 years the only way to get to the max level (on normal) is to force yourself to do all that instead of missions with a proper story.

And proper stories were promised in so many ways and simply not delivered. Races? Boxing fights? Sorry, but there is nothing memorable here. Not even in the main story.
I don't know if CDPR was watching what happened left and right of them over the last years, but almost every topic they tried to tackle here was (and still is) handled in HBO's Westworld. And they do it quite well, at least in my opinion.

My choices matter? When? I didn't notice that. In fact, from my point of view they only serve to more options who to bring along for the final mission. Did I leave an impact on the city or the world? I cannot see or even feel that. Absolutely nothing you do matters.

When a small indie game like Cloudpunk is able to create more atmosphere than this game, you really have to ask yourself: what went wrong? This is all very sad.

Hey, kinda a fan of the game but just a short summary below what annoyed me most. Even such a fanboy that I bought game twice. Also please disregard the typo in the post title. Anyways, here we go:
  • AI: non-existent, please add challenge to the game by making AI work. Too many occasions where enemies are not moving at all or spawn with a leg in concrete, hindering movement.
  • Cars: please fix car weights. Like Beast truck you get from substory mission seems off. Cannot ram with that car. Drives over roof of flat sports car. Seems has less weight than other cars you meet during races. A car half the size (and weight from the look of the car) of "Beast" made me bounce back with 100 mtr airtime when I tried ramming it off the street.
  • Car AI: I park on a lane on a highway. Some/Several/All cars on the same lane are too stupid to use steering wheel and actually drive past parked car. Rather they behave very British, form an orderly queue and wait patiently. Not the driving style I would experience in a crime-ridden American city.
  • Side Activities/Minigames: Totally missing from the game. Wheres working arcade machines to play 1995 games? Chess/Shogi/Mahjong/Baseball/Table Kicker/Golf etc, working blackjack tables. Devs please have a look at open world activities in Yakuza game series to get an inspiration how those seemingly irrelevant world activities may be done. Like not that I do all of them, but when they're there you at least have a chance to decide if you want to partake or not. Adds just that tiny bit of extra liveliness to a game world.
  • Hacking System: Once pinged a minefield and all like 25 mines were linked to one antenna. Go up to hack antenna (shows access port) in the hopes to disable whole minefield cos linked. Nope, can only datamine that terminal for money, no ability to disable linked mines. Lame!
  • Cops: Delete and redo the police system. Either cops stop pursuit after literally driving like 10m away. Or simply spawn a squad of 4 red cops in my back doing insta kill on me.
  • Cars Despawn: I steal a random car from traffic passing by and drive to a gig, park it in front of house. Car just despawns after not in player view for a while. I leave gig and my getaway drive has despawned. Great. Last time I experienced such was in GTA 3 and other games from 4 eras ago.
  • Cyberspace: Is it only me or is there only 1 occurance of actual being in cyberspace experience in the game?
  • Main Story: So there's those apparently 3 main story arcs as shown in menu overview screen. So I have progression of the 3 arcs as following: 90%, 30% and 40%. Tho the only main mission avail to me is "meet Hanako", and that mission triggers endgame. Where exactly are the main story missions that do progress the arcs to 100%?
  • Taxi: So I got me Delamain from story, high class battle-proven AI taxi. What's the one thing he cannot do? Drive me as passenger in taxi-mode around the city. Like select a fast travel point and enjoy the panorama cinematic ride with your taxi? Or at least some autodrive/follow road feature. Look at AC Valhalla, even the horse there has better GPS imho.
  • Eat/Drink: Am at a bar so often and bartender offers a drink. Then I want a real lean on bar and have a drink animation. Not just open sell menu. There's eat/drink animations in main story so just copy/past them to each and every food/drink vendor in the city, with varying food/drink items consumed depending on what vendor is selling.
  • Stash in V's apartment: So the stash in V's homebase has those compartmentalized walls which may incline that weapons put in stash actually show up on the wall in the compartments. That's not the case. Would be way more immersive otherwise.
  • Ingame Internet: Please have a look at GTA5 how ingame internet is done properly. I don't want a copy of that system but there's millions of terminals in Cyberpunk with the "Net" screen. Always the same websites. Non-interactive and lame.
  • Map Icons: Can we please have a separate map icon for all those rides / buy-a-car substories? I was so happy looking on the map seeing 20 exclamation mark icons left after 90hrs ingame. Expected missions. But its just buy a car.
  • Takedowns: Please add insta melee kill takedown. Like I sneak with Katana to unaware enemy, but only option is to grab him? Would be easy to make imho, kill = knife cuts throat anim, non-lethal = knife grip knock on head.
  • Sneak Button / Skip Text button: This is so annoying: Enter an convo sneaked, wanna un-sneak but instead skip dialogue. .
  • Inconsistent Button Mappings: Pickup a corpse for carry = Y, drop corpse = X .... what about consistently using the same buttons for the same action, even if the context where the action is carried out changed
  • Grimes / Fizzy Lizzy: Marketing material indicated Fizzy Lizzy doing an onstage performance. Ingame I only had to get rid of a corpse for her once, and never heard from her again ever since.
  • BD's: You get BD wreath as headwear item and can buy several BD's at dealers/merchants. But you cannot watch them at all. Just says "Bonus Material - wreath incompatible" So please add a compatible BD player and the BD's as actual bonus content to the game.
  • Romance Apartments: So I got me GF/BF and they give a stash box at their apartment. But I cannot use the bed to stay the night nor take a simple shower in the morning. Not immersive at all.
  • NPCs: I have a shootout at some rooftop. Seems that's so frightening all the NPCs in a felt 1 km radius go prone in fear and hiding. When I help those in need (Assault in progress) they don't seem to notice I killed all adversaries and they are safe to go. They still cower in fear all day and don't even say thanks.
  • Kiroshi Optics: So I have pretty expensive legendary Kiroshi eyes. What they cannot do? Simple things: flashlight, low-light amplify/IR/nightvision, thermal vision. They are missing very simple, basic things. Is it really that hard to implement 3 vision shaders as item mods into the game?
  • Handbrake: So we have cars in year 2077 and they lack handbrakes and the corner drift ability.
  • Trashbags: Notice those blue plastic trash bags all around town? Most of them seem filled with concrete as some of them are that hard my car explodes hitting them at full speed. Further, it seems impossible with any car except tank to drive over the actual landfill in the landfill areas. Even walking is broken, you either get stuck or slide above the landfill without any movement sound or legs animation.
  • Cars in the Outback: Imagine sitting in the Badlands at an area with a road, you can see the distant a-million-cars-driving-very-busy LOD animation playing right in behind the hill you're in front of. Tho not a single car emerges from the LOD animation and actually passes over the hill. Also not very immersive.
  • Toilets: Toilets cannot be flushed. Very unhygienic.
  • Wash your hands. I open all faucets and let them pour cold water endlessly since the Deus Ex days. Cyberpunk is one of the few games where I cannot actually do that. Night city is supposed to be a dirty city and I cannot add to further ecological destruction of the city by simply wasting some pixel water?
  • Gwent: Sure, it wouldn't be called Gwent in Cyberpunk, but no card or dice game at all?
  • Instant Fart Propeller: Sometime I sneak, then it makes poof and I kinda fly around anywhere between 10 to 100 mtr for no apparent occasion. Some surfaces seem to propel you around rather than sneaking over them properly. Happens here and there, from simple rooftops to pipes and airducts.

Last edited:
I wont speak about bugs because I know it will be fixed, I enjoyed the game so far. this game have a chance to be a great game for the upcoming 4-5 years.
online multiplayer will go with this game to new level, new cars missions rock star made a great thing with gta v online which is freedom of choice you can play more and get what you want or micro transactions new things keep coming till to day.
this game has a lot of potential for real .
great job guys keep it up ;)

I was one of the "some others" who saw the looter shooter as well. I just hoped for more role-playing, at least to W3's levels, which was not even that RPG but at least had significant C&C. They promised replayability on those bases but they lied really hard.

Yeah, so I recall.

The game is what it is now, abd even though I have ny fingers crossed that something is going to be done with it beyond bug fixes (mainly for last gen consoles) and the AI schemes, I don’t really believe the looter shooter aspect or any other thing currently either completely wrong or lacking from an RPG perspective is going to change.

The game is a mess. should not have been released in this state. I've had to restart many times because of bugs. Failed Promises, and false advertising; that i would have never expected from such a prestigious gaming company. CDprojects have really lower their standard. CD Projects has lost my trust. Huge opportunities missed with this game. that being said the game is fun it just feels very unfinished. I think CD projects have a chance to redeem them selves. We shall see.

After playing the game for a while and now that the "honeymoon"-period is over I have to come clear.

The game as it is I would either lable as Early Access or completely mislabeled.

To prepare myself to write down my impressions of the game I rewatched the official trailers, what's advertised and promised/implied.

When I watched them, I recognize the scenes from the live game, but they are out of context and just one-offs in the game. Nothing you can do repeatedly without restarting the game/reload a save file. Even then...it's just repeating one mission.

The game itself is playable.
There is a main story quest about Johnny Silverhand.

The side missions are hit or miss.
Some are just go kill x or bring y.

But some side missions are carefully crafted and show the potential of the game, the story about V and the world of Cyberpunk/Night City.

And that's where it hits me the most.

If the game was advertised as a FPS with an open world map, I would have less issues. There would be a linear story with some side branches as easter eggs it would be fine.

But i wouldn't have bought it.

Through the game you find little gems where the vision of the original promised/implied game can be found.

You can really feel how much care and love the devs had poured into creating these little parts of the world, so it so much more painful to see how rushed and unfinished it is and feels.

There are literally holes in the world to fall through the map.

As it is I would cut out the life paths entirely. You don't play a corpo, a nomad or a street kid. You are V the merc. Vessel of Silverhand.

Just cut to the the clip with Jackie and then wake up in your apartment after the character generation and you won't miss out that much.

It would even feel more accurate then having a scene with the Padre only to get a standard Greeting Call later in the game...

Everything feels rushed and unfinished. Like, you can see where the devs wanted to go, but for some unknown reason they run out of time.

I would love to hear the true story behind this launch, why the studio had to break the promise of no crunch.

Why the unnecessary deception?

Personally I think, they had issues with the console optimization and because the management set out to have the bonus for some reason they where pushed to ship the game in this state.

All this time polishing and meeting the unreasonable deadline resulted in brain drain and a shift in priority.

I think the devs are under NDAs, I wish to hear from a whistleblower what's really going on.

So that we become aware how the devs are threaten and what is to be expected from the game, now and in the future.

All that's left is to wait and see how the game evolves in the following years.

I hope and truly wish to experience the game as envisioned with a lively works, lots and lots of stupid, unnecessary interactions, but would make the game experience my own.
I want my choices to matter and be reflected upon the world on a large scale.

Right now I cling to the illusion that the devs are innocent and will do the right thing. That I eventually will get the promised game experience, a true rpg, worthy of the creator of the beloved witcher series.

What would help me to get excited again would be a clear roadmap.
Owning up that this is fucked up, what is planned and where the priories are.
They don't even have to put on a date. It's enough for me if cdpr would post:

1: bug fixes and optimization
2: customize options (as example)
3: implementation of missing content (as example)
4:...
etc.

Fazit:

CP2077 is a disguised FPS with a linear story where you either follow the storyline or literally go kill yourself.

It is not an open world rpg where your actions interact and change the world around you in a meaningful way.

Seriously, I don't mind the bugs, the game is amazing, but there are so many plot holes or unloved characters that could actually matter in the storyline, for either male or female V (not restricted to just one), it breaks my heart. I hope those will be fixed or modded or something.

And yes, walk toggle was requested like a million times everywhere, idk why it's still not there :/

Unacceptable release, gamebreaking bugs.

With that said, combat system is impeccable but story is meh. 6/10 total so far for me.

Where were all the side quests?

The few side missions were good to great, but considering the short main story, I expected an abundance of meaty side quests. There were fewer side quests in this game than there were in Velen alone, it was really lacking. I did not think much of most of the GIGS and NCPD stuff, they were just filler.

Biggest gripe with the game, it needed more quality side missions to balance the short main story, and I think 3rd person cut scenes were necessary for side missions to amplify their importance.

Otherwise, had a great time with game, it was a lot of fun. Not the game we were promised, barely an RPG, but a fun game, nonetheless.

Hopefully, the expansions focus more on story, characters, choice, and consequence, and fix a lot of the general complaints.

If bugs were non-existent, it had excellent AI, a working police system and all of that, I would rate the game an 8/10. It fell well short in the main and side story department, an area CDPR usually excel at, and with little to no choice and consequence, it waivered in those things that were important to me.

I felt like many of the stories told did not dive far enough into the Cyber side of things, most stories told could have fit into any game. If only the quality of the Maelstrom and Voodoo Boys quests were consistent throughout the rest of the game, we would have a different beast.

Thanks for the fun game, but fell short in many areas of importance.

I looked around for a bit for a place to say this and couldn't find anywhere better. It's not surprising, as I've pulled the plug from the usual avenues.
That being said, with all of the glitches, annoyances, restarts, etc.: Cyberpunk 2077 (on xbox one), in my opinion, is a towering achievement of interactive storytelling.
It's what I hoped it would be and whenever my xbox restarts, I tap my foot to get back in the world. Well done, CDPR. F#%$ng awesome.

DF

This is a great game. I have encountered few bugs and fewer crashes. No computer overheating. If your system is overheating, it's probably because of your system build and not the game.

I love the fact that you have many starting choices and each shapes the game. I completed virtually everything I could find on the map and every side quest offered to me. Then, I completed the endgame. I chose poorly because I had the most underwhelming, anticlimactic experience ever. It took 163h 59m to reach this. I will go back and choose a different endgame branch to see how that plays out.

Could the game use refinement? Sure. Games this huge are almost guaranteed to have some bugs. I am looking forward to playing it again when I have time and future expansions!

I like how the game explores character deaths ,the pacing is emotional and makes you think about the value of human life. These moments really draw me into the atmosphere and I love it. Not a fan of happy endings so I really enjoyed how realistic these endings were portrayed. Reality is dark and unpleasant so when I hear people talking about wanting a happy ending it just doesn't make sense for the story and characters...this is what a cyberpunk world is like and I'm so glad CDPR stayed true to the classic dark feel of this universe. Hope there's more like this in future content.

Top Bottom