Cyberpunk 2077 - Your Ideas For A Dream RPG

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
Epic camera finishing moves, I don't like this game to be like the witcher 3 even tho the witcher was awesome but i would enjoy some good deflect animations different deflect/defense movements and finishers.

The few games I played having those finishers didn't really made the action more fluid, on the opposite, it looked more like if it "paused" the action, and sometimes it can be a pain in the ass.
Plus, those "automatic-badass-finishing-moves" can be very annoying (no to say, ridiculous) if you're doing your freestyle among 5 other punks waiting to kick your ass around you.
The damage in cyberpunk are hardcore and realistic (one bullet in the head, unprotected, and you're dead).

One could still argue "let's be invincible during those", and it would be just like Hatred : ridiculous.
In the first level, you have to clean the police station
[video=youtube;Z7-TTWgiYL4]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z7-TTWgiYL4[/video]
If you're lazy (like me), you just had to kick & execute your way through it, you earn life, you look 50 000 times at the same animation and you don't have much fun, there are so many people inside the building that you don't have to worry, just kick and pressy "Y", kick, '"Y", kick, "Y", etc...
(But talking about Hatred, if we could have something in the vein of the end of the game with the padcode during the game, it would be really funny, I liked the idea)

Spoiler:
At the end of the game, you have your explosive belt and all, you go to the nuclear power plant to make it explose, you put explosives all around and then though about "What if I make the reactor overheat?", so you kill your way throught the control room and when you're in the control room, remain the techguy, he's all "I won't let this happen blablabla I put the security code, you won't do shit" he try to jump at you, so you kill him...
And you're in front of his keyboard, your character is like "Fuck, what's the security code?", so you have YOU to enter a code that you don't know obviously, ending with a "Wrong code, try again", just before Swat kicks in.
You're just as fucked up as your character, but he blew up his explosives anyway, making the nuclean plan explode.

You need to stay on your toes, damages can come from everywhere.
In the end it would totaly break the fighting mecanics IMO.

I'd better have a cool "damage/gore" system, like in the pnp.
You shoot the guy in the head, his head explode (if your gun is badass enought), dismemberment, slicing arms off etc...
No need to "sit and watch", it would happens during the action, making it more "living" if you see what I mean, I'd rather have something like this.

Last edited:
@sard I didnt meant to bitch or say something bad for the downgrade i just said that i hope this game doesn't lose some 20% of fans just because of downgrade, And i don't know what the game will feature thats why i added my ideas it might be to much DREAMY but i don't know what you guys are adding and what not. When i see some trailer or gameplay then i will post my IDEAS in a relative way to the game. :) When you read it you can delete it :) I understand

---------- Updated at 04:20 PM ----------

- Amazing cop chases
- Futuristic skills, weapons and abilities
- Choice to complete missions in total Stealth or Destruction
- Advanced Stealth so the AI doesn't notice (Alert other AI) with one mistake (If your undercover/ following someone)
- Amazing combat moves 1 vs 1/2, when you vs 3 just kick punch until you are 1 vs 2 then take the finishing moves and amazing defending or deflect skills/moves
- I heard it's going to be only night in the game so i think adding some dark places in the game where is very dark and you have a flash light or some ball to throw that follows you to do light might be AMAZING
- Side missions: Make them just like in The Witcher 3 but more advanced this time more complex.
- Gorgeous view of the city or spots so we can just take a walk through the city and enjoy the game without having to do anything just watching
- Smaller side missions: Chasing a bad guy or a group of bad guys for stealing money in random places of the city in random situations. Not repeatable like in the Watch Dogs or AC unity, because it gets boring doing the same thing 5 times over
- Following/Listening while not seen suspected people in the city to discover something that you should check and follow that to discover something even more bigger. Ex. Drug dealing bosses, weapon transporting, etc etc.
- Change clothes, enter different shops, customize our equipment/weapons in the way we like

Ideas in adding:
Skills or Items:
- A cloak where you go invincible for 3-6 sec
- A vision goggle where you see through one layer of wall,up to 3 layers or more

That's it for today. :)

Last edited:
Hi CD PROJECT RED :) I know you working on something special right now, i mean Cyberpunk 2077. So please get some atention on musical project named Celldweller and awesome dude Klayton(Scott Albert). He wright music inspired by cyberpunk stories and i think it perfectly suit for your new game:)

Some album covers and arts

Attachments

• 65333_large.jpg
    65333_large.jpg
    39.2 KB · Views: 55
  • 65470_1024x1024.jpg
    65470_1024x1024.jpg
    143.1 KB · Views: 37
  • 0005716209_10.jpg
    0005716209_10.jpg
    27.9 KB · Views: 47
  • 0005716211_10.jpg
    0005716211_10.jpg
    25.3 KB · Views: 43
Last edited by a moderator:
after playing a lot of the witcher 3, there's something I'd love to see : it's ways to spare people, so, for example, killing, or severing a limb from the leader of the group of guys attacking you, makes them disband. I don't think some group of random dudes who want to scare you out of their spot will continue to fight right after you just cut both arms of their friend in a second. I'm pretty sure a mechanic where you humiliate/damage a lot somebody, and then spare him would make sense, especially in cyberpunk. For example, you spare this dude after killing his friend and cutting his arm, he may want to avenge him and you may encounter him randomly, but with a new cannon arm. Or you may find him in the street begging for money or scavenging for a new arm. This would need probably a lot of work to make (e.g. background story generator that can be applied on each enemy) , but it would add a lot of depth to the game Imo. If an in-depth background story system is not feasible, I'd still be fine with just being able to spare enemies, and this really affecting only plot characters.

Also, something that maybe may make sense for Geralt, but not for a really nice character, is the fact that when you almost step on someone with your horse you say nothing.

Emotional emphasis

[Sard Edit: Added spoiler tags. Your Dream RPG needs believable emotional emphasis, is what you're saying. Just say that.]

Yes thank you! I was just trying to get across how I thought it didn't quite work, and I think I still didn't do a very good job.

What I was trying to say was that the last "mini quests" with Ciri I felt put Geralt in a more favorable light with the player than they did Ciri which is what seemed to me like you guys were trying to do. And because of that I didn't get as emotional as I thought should have during those Ciri parts at the end of the story.

I guess my dream RPG is just one that I like and could call perfect in whatever it does. So I'm just trying to let you guys know what I think Witcher 3 could've done to be that so you're aware of it when you're writing 2077, with this being really the only thing for me.

Last edited:
-very important: chromatic aberration, a cyberpunk game of this characteristics needs this kind of light and reflections effect, looks way too good, and as an option, for people that don't like it, can turn it off, bust must be present, and also a slider to decrease or increase it

-very important: chromatic aberration, a cyberpunk game of this characteristics needs this kind of light and reflections effect, looks way too good, and as an option, for people that don't like it, can turn it off, bust must be present, and also a slider to decrease or increase it

Wait, you want that as a standard option for the general display? Surely that would make people go blind? Having it as part of the in game ambience would make more sense, for holograms perhaps?

Wait, you want that as a standard option for the general display? Surely that would make people go blind? Having it as part of the in game ambience would make more sense, for holograms perhaps?

as a postprocessing graphic option, like in tw3 you can activate or deactivate it in the settings/options like you do with AA, physx or any other post processing effect,
if there are contextual parts of the game with the c.a. already included, not a problem

---------- Updated at 07:02 PM ----------

colourful, this game should be colourful with smoke, fog, sparks, reflections, physx and all of that nice postprocessing effects, not gray and dull like deus ex human revoltion or fallout new vegas,

Last edited:
Less extensive on the map that the witcher 3, but much more full of detail on characters and places. Have a great dubbing into Spanish and a gameplay balanced and fluid combat. With everything learned in The Witcher, Cyberpunk 2077 it will be a great game.

Yup, Stoptime vats were kind of broken.
Slowmo is a way to make it more "realistic", but yeah, since it turned into a FPS, I figure everything is about killing people and stuff, so they keep coming at you, and you need to be "into the rush".

Anyway, Vats is still OP as shit.

I started the game with a "classic character", choosing a girl, because "Sex Appeal" skill is always usefull, but I quickly figured that... You don't need anything like charisma or whatever and don't even think about RPing at all, there aren't any dialog in the game, it's linear like a never-ending highway.

So I re-started the game, making the ulgiest bum I could (he's really ugly, look like a real one with all it's herpes on his face), and trying to convince myself that I was playing "Bumfight : The game", now everything is way cooler.
I put 1 in charisma, 10 in strenght, and damn, the game is really cool, I only use my fists and kill people in 2,3 punches (their heads explode upon my deadly fighting skills).

Here comes the OP-as-fuck-VATS.
Yesterday I cleaned a station full of other Bums (Raiders or something, but since it's not Fallout, they're bums), one of them was shooting with a minigun on me (like, full auto), I used VATS, rushed thought his bullets and killed him with my 3 punches of fury, without VATS I'd be dead, but here, I just lost a few inch of life, and that's it..

It's not Fallout, it's Bumfight : The videogame.
Don't think, just punch your way throught the junkyard.
Damn, you even give some jet to an old crackhead who's so high she thinks she can see through the future.

This game is EVERYTHING I don't want Cyberpunk 2077 to be, so if CDPR read this...

Last edited:
In most cases action really stands in the way of story, atmosphere and immersion. I really, really hope Cyberpunk will be about atmosphere, characters and story - in short: I hope it will be a living breathing world.

The more action a game contains, the more unrealistic and immersion breaking it gets - see Bumfight - le game. Games like Battlefield (sp) are imho the worst of all - when the player can stand in the middle of the room while reloading, taking fire from all directions including point blanc shotgun fire, just to one-shot everyone as soon as the reloading is finished then all atmosphere and immersion is gone. It turns a game into a shooting gallery and nothing else.

I think btw that movies are also a great example for this. Just compare the first Die Hard with the latest. The body count in the debut was way lower - but everything was up close and personal. Every action sequence mattered and the opponents had a face and a character which increased the tension and made it really great. Nowadays - as soon as a certain body count is passed - everything becomes a blur. All you experience is a bunch of explosions, cool moves, cuts etc, but that's it. There is no more tension because it's just an effect overkill and countless meaningless battles.

I'm not saying that Cyberpunk shouldn't contain any action. But I hope for a fleshed out story, characters, dialogs etc. Plus I find it way more appealing when you can pick your fights - aka make stealth a thing.

Oh and in reference to Bumfight: Please make charisma or any related skills a thing! I'm usually maxing those and try to outwit my enemies. That is if I can't sneak past them in the first place ;)

tw3 has chromatic aberration and that's no poblem for the consoles, bsides, for the time this game comes out, maybe there will be a new generation of consoles, more powerful

cyberpunk 2077 must have great well defined HD textures, i'm playin fallout 4 and the textures are incredibly low resolution like the textures from 2005' games, unbelievable

what about the game using unreal engine 4? it looks incredibly good,
if the red engine is to be used, then, please no dithering and flickering effect on the textures, you know, the textures seem to be corrupt or damaged and like a grid with blank points, looks bery bad, solid textures please :)

Last edited:
i feel this game has some origin story behind it when you start a character creation.
like in DA: Origins

i don't know how they gonna pull off Media or Corporate role in a game.

i don't know how they gonna pull off Media or Corporate role in a game.

The Media role is about information gathering and uncovering a story, which is pretty easy in an RPG setting. If the character is then allowed to present information in the form of an 'underground newspaper'', like a printed blog if you will, and have a system that will allow the world to react to that, and you're there. Fill the gaps in the 'Big Story' by giving each side quest a potential for being 'published' and you're gold. Especially if you can allow the player to influence the manner in which the information is presented, allowing the player to manipulate the minds of the populace.

The corp is even easier. All the corp has to do is follow orders and carry out tasks that his superiors would want him to, with the best intentions of the corporation, (and his promotion prospects,) at heart.

Hey everyone! Just had an awesome idea for an RPG. I would like to see a HUGE arcade with all kinds of games, but from the future! What will these games look like? What kind of games do people play in the future? Being that Cyberpunk 2077 takes place in the 90's futuristic era I feel an arcade would fit perfectly into this world. I think it would be something like the Golden Saucer from final fantasy 7. A giant place on the other side of the planet that is specifically for pleasure and gaming. (As far as the games go I would personally love to see a haunted house type game like Splatterhouse. I remember as a little kid walking into the arcade and closing my eyes as I walked by the game because it freaked me out so much. LOL.)

Another example like Blips and Chitz from the Adult Swim cartoon Rick and Morty. I can't post links yet so search on Youtube "Rick and morty arcade"

The arcade could be built underground or in the sky or on water to escape the laws of the land because some of these games are experimental and are considered 'harmful' or could leave you brain dead.
The arcade is mainly for fun although there are some shady parts in there that deal with gambling/sex experimental gaming etc. This place is so big they have their own laws and government.

Here's how it could work:
You see big flashy advertisements for "The Arc" (Or whatever you want to call it) all around. You hear rumors of this amazing place, but not everyone can go. People who get to go are either very wealthy or win a ticket/ key once every 10 years. There are 3 ways to get there.

1: Enter the contest being held to win a ticket/key
2: Sneak on the train/ship/aircraft that specifically takes people to The Arc, however, the routes and vehicles traveling there are HEAVILY guarded because this is a place for the elite. You would also have to sneak into the place once you get there. (Gaurded by The Arc's own special security Teams)
3: Steal the ticket/key from the winner of the contest (if you lose the contest) and fake their identity to gain access.

Once you obtain the ticket/key you are taken to The Arc. The entire sky is lit up. You can see it from miles away as you journey towards this place of wonder and pleasure. You find yourself standing before this giant gate and very large wall that surrounds the place to keep unwanted peasant guests from getting in. The wall and gate are metallic with spots of rust and deferred maintenance. Trash and the uninvited and the dead are dumped outside of the walls from large port holes. (A possible way to sneak in, but you have to go through all the garbage. Yuk!) There are people camped outside hoping to get in. These people possibly made it to The Arc without a ticket/key in hopes of getting in but found themselves now stranded outside the wall because it is extremely hard to get in and to hitch a ride back home now.

The guards lead up to the gate and you insert the ticket/key. Your body is scanned. All weapons are removed from you. A robot voice says "Welcome" The gates open. You're blinded by the brightness of this place as you step foot inside The Arc.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom