Cyberware bonuses still worse after upgrading in 2.02, DISAPPOINTED

+
cdprfails.png

It's starting to be annoying, to be honest, if people was losing their patience in 2.01...

this system is another example of bad design, if you get the item at tier 1 you have more chances to get the bonuses you want, if you get the item at tier 4 or 5 you're basically as is... this paired with the mess cyberware capacity is is proof that this expansion was rushed and not much thought went into it, just like the game.

Last edited:
That's indeed disappointing. I already have most of my cyberwar sort of soft-locked cause every possible upgrade would downgrade them. I had some hopes this would finally be fixed.

Isnt this just a visual bug with the upgrade menu?
As far as I know, for stats of cyberwares (armor value and bonuses) it's simply visual. If you upgrade them their value increase despite of what UI announced, so yeah just visual issue. But for "random" bonuses, it's not visual, if you upgrade your cyberwares, these bonuses really decrease.

As far as I know, for stats of cyberwares (armor value and bonuses) it's simply visual. If you upgrade them their value increase despite of what UI announced, so yeah just visual issue. But for "random" bonuses, it's not visual, if you upgrade your cyberwares, these bonuses really decrease.
"Game is fixed" - if only Idris knew what is he involved into ...

Isnt this just a visual bug with the upgrade menu?
they do apply in several instances of the ui, not just that, which makes me think that just like the bug in the cyberware capacity going up and down however the games fancies it, it's not something just ui related but applied for real, the issue is that since each show has a little component of rng we cannot test it, i mean, each knife to the head is not 1600 critical hit each time, it fluctuates, and since it has a small randomness to it we cannot test it.

For anyone curious about this issue;

What's truly happening isn't that stats are being decreased, but rather stats are being corrected when upgrading because the bug actually is that the stats are astronomically raised in the first place, which is the actual bug here.

Here's an example;

A mere T3 cyberware that comes with a whooping 9% vision decrease. That's basically what 3-6 different cyberware pieces would accumulate to. So naturally because the buggy stats are so overblown, the next upgrade corrects this insane stat increase because it's not supposed to be that high in the first place.

It mostly happens around T3/T3+, but also in higher ones as well. In short don't be afraid to upgrade cyberware because it's not hindering any stats really, merely correcting them.

For anyone curious about this issue;

What's truly happening isn't that stats are being decreased, but rather stats are being corrected when upgrading because the bug actually is that the stats are astronomically raised in the first place, which is the actual bug here.

Here's an example;

A mere T3 cyberware that comes with a whooping 9% vision decrease. That's basically what 3-6 different cyberware pieces would accumulate to. So naturally because the buggy stats are so overblown, the next upgrade corrects this insane stat increase because it's not supposed to be that high in the first place.

It mostly happens around T3/T3+, but also in higher ones as well. In short don't be afraid to upgrade cyberware because it's not hindering any stats really, merely correcting them.
Btw, I DM´d you a while ago this, if you didn´t notice ;) : Hey, may I suggest you adding this into the bugs list as well: The problem with Hair Shadows, still not working properly even after the 2.01 update, they said it´s fixed in the 2.01 patch notes but that´s not the case. Here´s a mod fixing this issue but it causes some other problems, so it´s not ideal- Restore Hair Shadows at Cyberpunk 2077 Nexus - Mods and community (nexusmods.com) It seems to affect only ray tracing/path tracing hair, so you can add it to the ever growing RTX issues. I just worry that they crossed this as a fixed issue and we´ll never get a proper fix now.. Also I found this issue as well, if you wanna take a look at it- Bug - Shower texture are broken | Forums - CD PROJEKT RED

Btw, I DM´d you a while ago this, if you didn´t notice ;)

I read the DM, just didn't get to respond to it yet because I'm cataloguing the more severe bugs at the moment and fuming because they broke Overclock :D

There are too many RTX bugs that it's making my head spin, but... I'll get to them all eventually. CDPR does not seem interested at the moment in fixing any RTX bugs, despite how freaking horrible some of them are so I'm taking it slow with those.

As for the shower textures being broken; when I get to the expansion content and am able to test it, I'll be sure to add it. For integrity purposes of the bug list;
  • I do not add bugs which I haven't personally come across yet in my playthrough or wasn't able to reproduce
  • I do not add bugs which I know CDPR is already aware of and fixing in next updates

Oh it's randomized. I definitely didn't get that all. Why do it like that? Pride and accomplishment?

no, i've been chasing and improving these bonuses since tier 1, they are the BIS for my build.
I'd strongly encourage you to reconsider the armor bonus if you get a chance though. It's REALLY not that good, even if you get it on all pieces.

Look for melee defense or anything else really.

I'd strongly encourage you to reconsider the armor bonus if you get a chance though. It's REALLY not that good, even if you get it on all pieces.

Look for melee defense or anything else really.
appreciate your interest but this is not what this post is about mate.

Just wait till you accidentally "Upgrade" an item from Teir 5+ down to Teir 5. Then you will really hate the "Upgrade" system. lol
Post automatically merged:

I thought this was additive?
I have not seen any additions in my upgrades.

Top Bottom