DEMOLISHING Toad Prince at max difficulty settings, check out tactics used.!

+
DEMOLISHING Toad Prince at max difficulty settings, check out tactics used.!

So, I really like well fleshed out challenges in action video games and Witcher 3, being a masterpiece action RPG, does offer some, particularly in the Hearts of Stone expansion.
Toad Prince is perhaps the most notorious boss fight in the game and I always considered it a high scale epic battle all-around (gameplay, setting, story wise)
On my 2nd playthrough, I go for max difficulty, meaning both Deathmarch and New Game + at the already heightened HoS difficulty.! I tried some tactics against this boss -mod/cheat free mind you, for I play on Xbone- and here are the results..
I don't know if and how many of these tactics shown are known already, nor do I care, for I'm glad to have figured them out on my own, in order to add to the sense of achievement I personally feel, for soundly defeating a powerful boss.! :geraltfeelgood:

I also wanted to avoid taking any damage and also refrain from using Alchemy or healing of any sort.
Is there a thread(s) around here where gameplay vids and techs are discussed? I'd like to be pointed out if it does, I ain't know these forums well, so I just post mine here, hope you enjoy!!

Last edited:
Nice, I hate that froggy. He was one stubborn SOB on Death March. Must of died a dozen times as I took him on way too early for my level so one hit from him almost killed me & my signs were pretty poor as I went for an almost entirely attack build so I had to keep rolling in then one striking him before quickly rolling away when he showed his tongue & it took a good 20-30 minutes to take him down.

iCake

Forum veteran
Just tanked this toady up yesterday, DM of course. Griffin + Chort + Noonwraith Decoctions + Superior Golden Oreol + Protective Coating + Cursed Oil. All reinforced with the MC ursine gear... The easiest fight I've ever had with any boss before. The toad never would have killed me even if I'd gone drinking for a couple of hours without pausing the game. Shows what hell of a disbalance the game balance actually is.

Last edited:
Lol. The frog game a hard time in story and sword. Imagine in the hard difficulties. Well, it also thought how to fight more effectively though. I was so careless trhoughout my first playthrough of the game. Buy the way, how does one extend the toxicity tolerance? I usually drink one decotion and it gets at its maximum and starts killing Geralt. That's why I never use it. I basically fight a bare bones style of fight. Only use quen, sometimes igni or axii and swallow ;). I guess I ffight using a Zelda-like style. Speaking of which, this frog felt like a Zelda boss and reminded me of the frogs you fight in TP. Anyway, now Sword and Story is getting rather easy for me so I may up the difficulty when I start my 4th playthough. But on topic. The osu of signs is incredible in the video. What a master.

Last edited:
Lol. The frog game a hard time in story and sword. Imagine in the hard difficulties. Well, it also thought how to fight more effectively though. I was so careless trhoughout my first playthrough of the game. Buy the way, how does one extend the toxicity tolerance? I usually drink one decotion and it gets at its maximum and starts killing Geralt. That's why I never use it.
I think there's a skill in the Alchemy tree that gives you a higher toxicity tolerance. I thought about investing a skill point in that one because with HoS, I have a feeling that decoctions might come in pretty handy.
Having said that: I hate that bloody frog. I'm on lvl 38, playing Story & Sword, and everytime that damn thing kills me; I think I manage to bring down maybe an eigth of its health before Geralt falls to the ground, dead. The Wild Hunt bosses all were easier to kill than this bloody thing.

Just tanked this toady up yesterday, DM of course. Griffin + Chort + Noonwraith Decoctions + Superior Golden Oreol + Protective Coating + Cursed Oil. All reinforced with the MC ursine gear... The easiest fight I've ever had with any boss before. The toad never would have killed me even if I'd gone drinking for a couple of hours without pausing the game. Shows what hell of a disbalance the game balance actually is.

I’m currently using all of this except my decoctions are different, and I can only tank one hit of his tongue attack on DM with enemy upscaling on. I have protective coating and ursine armor, so idk how you are able to tank so well. Was enemy upscaling on for you?

Top Bottom