Dev Appreciation Thread

+
I really enjoy the combat and the weapons. It makes everything else in the game so much better. In addition to that, the world feels really fleshed out, and immersive. The car designs are really cool as well, and I like switching up the cars I'm driving now and then.

Edit: The side jobs chain quests are great, and a the gigs can be pretty interesting an varied.

Sitting on 70 hours played now.

Good job devs, cheers to you!

Last edited:
Talk about the joys you've had with the game, even if it's something small.

The city is huge, magnificent, and incredibly detailed. I will plan to one day know all the streets inside out. Theres a ton to explore.

The amount of sidemissions, events and other stuff I can find when roaming the city is large. Im enjoying just doing the sidecontent.

The amount of clothing items is huge and almost without fail they all look cool. Im really liking the fashion of the future.

The combat is balanced, and I feel appropriately empowered when I am geared/cybered up. Also because the maps are so varied, I never feel bored going to a sidemission.

I really like the photomode as a way to show others what I see when I look at Night City.

Im at 68 hours this morning.

I'm gonna show my support to the developpers too because quiet frankly, they're just victim of the situation just like we are.

You made an incredible job on this game.
-Graphics are great (I'm a PC player).
-The quest are interesting and well made.
-The world is huge and engaging.
-The character design and the different look you made for weapons and outfits are outstanding.
-The gameplay is incredibly enjoyable (I love how you can mix the different play style, hacking, gunning meleeing...It's -brilliant).
-The character progression is one of the best I've ever experienced in a video game. There's so many possible build, it's crazy.
-I saw so many details you put in, like the behaviour of certain NPC or how each vehicle feel different and unique to drive.

I mean, I'm enjoying the game despite it's current state and I know for a fact that I'm not the only one, which is saying something.

If only your executive gave you more time to finish that game it would have been recognized as the masterpiece it should have been.

And I can fully understand that may be the most painful part. I can only imagine your frustration and anger after working for so long and deploying so much energy on this project just to be asked to release it way too early.
I feel for you and I'm with you, I would be outraged too if I was in your situation.

I wish you to enjoy the incoming holidays as much as you can despite the situation, have fun, take care of your family and get a well deserved rest.

im playing the game on a gtx 960 its... rough to say the least, but from what I can see its a game that shouldn't be this taxing with proper optimization (something that usually comes at the tail end of the development cycle.

The game needed another 6 months maybe even a year to be as polished as they wanted it to be, as I see it the devs were sold out for holiday cash and they're pissed, something they have every right to be.

Message to CDPR,

please don't give up on this title, just slowly add the missing features and content in this game, flesh out the storyline so we actually got 3 different storylines etc. and this game can still be a 10 out of 10.

I really hope CDPR doesn't lose the motivation due to all this negative feedback they are getting. It's a rough diamond that can still turn into a true masterpiece if they just keep their head down and keep adding the features in.

I agree with you OP,the CDPR dev's & staff do deserve praise for what they have created,i can only imagine how these incredible artists & artisans must feel at this trying & stressful time.
As an original player of CP13/CP20,i was super-hyped for CP77 & like a lot of other fans/gamers,we waited for nearly a decade for CP77 & what we ended up with has left me deeply disappointed but in no why do the general CDPR staff deserve any scorn or criticism for this mis-handling & poor execution (i'm being 'nice' with my words!) of CP77.
I've done a lot of exploring & side quests & i have to say the dev's have done incredible job,which tbf makes me even more disappointed,due to knowing what we could of,should of had with CP77. I will,for the time being stick with CP77,in the hope we all get what we wanted from this game,for what us gamers wanted but also for what the CDPR staff wanted from it to!
As for those for make & made the final decisions with CP77,you should all hang your heads in utter shame,for the sake of your staff,for us gamers & for Mike Pondsmith's wonderful 'universe' of Cyberpunk!
ps. sorry for the ramble/rant 😉

I would like to take a moment and congratulate CDPR on the game release. The game has only been out for about a week now. She had a host of bugs at launch which they handled quickly. Some remained at that point which were handled a few days later. Still have more to fix... AND THEY ARE!

This game is MASSIVE. The graphics are BREATHTAKING. As a PC player I know I get more out of the game than most. And you know what I am only playing on medium settings. I will probably end up buying a Better GPU IF ONLY TO REPLAY THIS GAME. The story is extremely well written and engaging.

Yeah so many people are complaining that they can't romance this or that character. Counterpoint, They wrote characters and those characters have PREFERENCES, like REAL PEOPLE DO. Maybe we will get more romance options down the line with new Characters, if and when we start seeing DLCs. Maybe we will see more story to the non-core relationships develop in these DLCs as well.

Support them and let them WORK. They have done and are doing an Amazing Job. Patches for this game are the size of full blown games on their own. Each repair they do to broken things we find, with the truly impressive stress test of the most sold game of all time, is a work of effort and love on their part.

Yes there are bugs. I expected them. I am a gamer long standing. There will always be something that wasn't found at first. The bigger the project the more things there are to miss.

I don't care what anyone else says. Cyberpunk 2077 has been everything I hoped, and pre-ordered for. Between, the many different playable paths, DLCs paid and free, and the Modding community I look forward to possibly YEARS of playing this game.

Well done CDPR
The bugs weren't handled quickly.....ummmmm....they're still there in force.

Dear CD project red!
Your game is a masterpiece.
I don't know where to send this letter, but I really want to thank you all for facinating story, incredible and sensational visualization and such a realistic characters and dialogues. I am playing on the minimal graphics, but Night City is in my heart forever, it is so saturated and different that I still can not believe that people made it. It is really a significant piece of art. You created a whole world of Cyberpunk, and this is so impressive.
I am really sure that after some patches and fixes everyone will agree with the previous paragraph.
You are breathtaking!:cool:

I have to say I'm about 30+ hours in on my first playthrough and hacking into a group of punks, sabotaging their defenses and then laying into them with mantis blades hasn't gotten old.

Sure even on PS4 Pro with an SSD the AI is a bit bland and animations aren't without glitches, but it has been fun roaming around NC, exploring every nook and cranny with my double jump legs.

I wanted to be a cyber ninja, and CDPR has delivered. I have faith that the kinks will be ironed out and the gameplay will become better and better over time.

Thank you to all the devs who have put years into this game. A little more hardwork and you'll have GOTY material!

I really love some of the mechanics and oh boy did some of the animation of important characters looks so real. I hope you keep the good work and enjoy holidays.

Just saw the video and you can see the passion the devs put in the game. Just incredible. Sucks that it's unfinished for now.

Last edited:
Can we please have a thread where we congrat the MVPs, the devs, for managing to make a game, albeit a currently mediocre/half-baked one (written 2020-12-18), working with insane mis-management from the upper management, and maddening crunches?

Talk about the joys you've had with the game, even if it's something small.

I'll start with saying that I've had fun looking at the scenery, looking at particle effects, the usual tourist stuff.
I don't think or get the impression that anyone is pointing fingers at the devs to be honest. As it's pretty clear that this game shines in those areas where the needed time were given. Despite all the flaws the game is still very enjoyable, just not what was promised, but it's also very clear to see where the intention of the game were going, but just never got there... yet at least.

So the devs did a damn good job in my opinion and can only imagine that they must be just as frustrated with the release of the game as the players are. I doubt any of them would like to see all their hard work and ideas being released before they are implemented as they imagined them.

I agree, thanks for all the work and the ongoing corrections. And for what we could expect in future updates.

Top Bottom