Devourers leave Rotfiend blood instead of Devourers blood. Bug?

+
Devourers leave Rotfiend blood instead of Devourers blood. Bug?

Today I've killed Devourers in numbers, reloading saves just before a nest in Novigrad area and near Hindhold. All spawning Devourers don't leave Devourer's blood after death but Rotfiend blood. Anyone else experiencing this "feature"?

strange, same happens when i kill bandits. they drop just blood and not bandit blood - dang. i need bandit blood so bad in my lab right now.

doesnt make any sense but they actually drop different blood over here :D just checked - i might find bandit's blood one day by chance

doesnt make any sense but they actually drop different blood over here :D just checked - i might find bandit's blood one day by chance

Your attempts to be funny are funny themselves. So you don't have to try anymore, I know you're cute.

they are the same kind of monster: necrophage, they have the same blood

Yes that is correct, Rotfiends and Devourers are both necrophages. I suppose you didn't play Witcher 3 that much, but you see, crafting certain alchemical compounds clearly states "Devourer's blood" as an ingredient, not "Rotfiend's blood". I hope you see now why Devourers leaving only Rotfiend blood as loot are a problem, do you?

I have the same problem. Devourers don't drop Devourer blood, only Rotfiend blood. I thought at first that they might drop both, with Devourer blood being more rare, but so far I've found none and I've killed a lot of them. It sucks because I need it for formulae. Another bug I suppose...

I have the same problem. Devourers don't drop Devourer blood, only Rotfiend blood. I thought at first that they might drop both, with Devourer blood being more rare, but so far I've found none and I've killed a lot of them. It sucks because I need it for formulae. Another bug I suppose...

I must say I'm disappointed a lot with NG+. This is the first time I'm playing W3 from the start on NG+ and so far it's full of bugs, bugs I didn't experience when I started Blood & Wine New Game option. I don't know if 1.22 update is the culprit or not as I never played NG+ before, but updating the game from 1.11 to 1.12 and then to 1.2 resulted in corrupted graphics and other things cropping up that I haven't experienced since I started playing the game for the first time about a year ago.

im on ng+ and done with velen. have 50 pc of rotfiends blood and 4 pc of devourer blood, so it seems to work over here on gog offline install at 1.22 - out of curiousity i reinstalled using gog galaxy and devourers still drop devourer blood.

im on ng+ and done with velen. have 50 pc of rotfiends blood and 4 pc of devourer blood, so it seems to work over here on gog offline install at 1.22 - out of curiousity i reinstalled using gog galaxy and devourers still drop devourer blood.

Thanks for this info. My game was not installed using GOG Galaxy, I used physical disks for base game and patches/updates downloaded from GOG.com to bring the game up to 1.22..

Thanks for this info. My game was not installed using GOG Galaxy, I used physical disks for base game and patches/updates downloaded from GOG.com to bring the game up to 1.22..

I'm in the same boat. I have the original GOG release and have updated the game incrementally as each new patch was released. I suspect the patchers are at fault, as they have been for many other recent bugs. I don't have the luxury to re-download 50GB and reinstall from scratch unfortunately. BTW I get this particular bug on normal mode, haven't tried NG+.

I've verified files via GOG Galaxy, removed files from patch0, patch1 and content as specified in the thread linked in the latest bunsenbrenner's post. I've killed about a dozen Devourers that spawn near Rotfiend nests the Pontar crossing and all I get is Rotfiend blood.

Devourers are the mini bosses of the Rotfiend nests, they appear once you killed all rotfiends or after you blow up the nests. there are two nests in velen , area southwest of the pontar and as far i remember two groups on fayke isle

the ones who drop the specified blood are the ones with the poisionious gas when killed, they dont explode like the others

I started a new game with V1.20 on steam and have had Devourer blood drop. I think in Skellege.

and what bunsenbrenner posted above.

Top Bottom