Dijkstra

+
Dijkstra

Right now Dijkstra is a gold card that have 8 strength and following ability:

- Remove gold status from every unit on battlefield and 1 to this unit for

We don't know if Dijkstra loses gold status himself

So in a nutshell if there are 5 gold units on board Dijkstra will have 13 points (additional +2 for deck ability). That part of it is fine.. What in my opinion is potentially overpowered is the fact the he strips status from other heroes. Here is a quick example:

I start the game (Northern Realms) by playing Geralt. That gives me +17 strength on board as NR deck ability give +2 when you play a gold unit. Then, i play commanders horn on melee row. After that i play Dijkstra who removes gold status from Geralt. Geralt gets buffed by commander horn so he is 34 in strength (i am not sure if removing gold status also removes +2 deck bonus), now i use Foltest leader ability to copy Geralt (he is no longer gold - Foltest maybe bugged and copying of silver cards may not be possible. We don't know if removing gold status makes that cards silver or bronze), that gives me 2 Geralts with 34 strength. I use promotion to which makes Geralt gold again(unless Dijkstra permamently keeps gold units from being gold units which is unlikely) and adds plus 2 (+2 is given before commanders horn, however its possible, that losing gold status gives you minus 2) In worst case scenario i have 2 gold Geralts with 34 strengths each, possibly 38. Thts 78-86 strength in total plus Dijkstra with 11+ with just 5 moves (4 cards plus leader ability)

This is just one example, there is a lot of uncertainty about this card however if i understand it right, the potential for very powerful outcome is there. Anyway, correct me if i am mistaken about how it works

I mon sure

it's not overpowered that's 5 moves. If the opponent does nothing by then (scorching) he deserves everything he gets. In the past we could have 128 strength with just 4 cards (foltest+temerian foot soldiers) or 64 with 2(foltest +blue stripes commando).

Removal mechanics are way too OP in Gwent .. No way you'll get that outcome because you can't have card advantage to force your opponent to pass

Foltest is only supposed to be able to copy bronze units, this is a bug that he can currently target silver units.

Dijkstra does not remove Gold status from himself either, we can maybe clarify that better on the tooltip.

This does mean that for example if you play Dijkstra while a gold card is on the board that you could then remove it using a decoy to then play that card again as a silver card. There are a lot of interesting combinations that can occur from this.

Foltest is only supposed to be able to copy bronze units, this is a bug that he can currently target silver units.

Dijkstra does not remove Gold status from himself either, we can maybe clarify that better on the tooltip.

This does mean that for example if you play Dijkstra while a gold card is on the board that you could then remove it using a decoy to then play that card again as a silver card. There are a lot of interesting combinations that can occur from this.
Thanks for clarifying.. Dijkstra feels much more like we wanted him to be if he wasn't a spy

One more question. Does playing dijkstra (NR) and thus removing gold icons, will reduce the strength of your gold units by 2?

Top Bottom