Disappointed patch didnt add proper scaling

+
Ok I hear what you are saying , but doesn't that add to a sense of accomplishment , when you are strong enough to finally beat that monster and explore that part of the world? I don't know , In my opinion it would be boring if you could beat anybody at anytime.

Ok I hear what you are saying , but doesn't that add to a sense of accomplishment , when you are strong enough to finally beat that monster and explore that part of the world? I don't know , In my opinion it would be boring if you could beat anybody at anytime.

You get sense of accomplishement from beating bosses anyway since they are tough on Death March even after being leveled down. I dont see how artificial content blocking is better then freedom of exploration considering that Witcher 3 is supposed to be RPG with big focus on exploration. You really like it that developers tell you in what order to kill monsters and clear dungeons? Having to go same route every single time you start new game?

You get sense of accomplishement from beating bosses anyway since they are tough on Death March even after being leveled down. I dont see how artificial content blocking is better then freedom of exploration considering that Witcher 3 is supposed to be RPG with big focus on exploration. You really like it that developers tell you in what order to kill monsters and clear dungeons? Having to go same route every single time you start new game?

Well with the great story telling of TW3 , YES. I enjoy playing the game the way it was intended by the Devs - not just stumbling into a random cave finding quest items with no idea what their significance is.

For me the scenes of accomplishment come from the enemy's mechanics and not the raw attributes, the deadly buffs higher level enemies receive are ridicules, enemies are still challenging if you remove it. Oblivion's level scaling was done wrong, it allowed every bandit to wear the best armor, what if enemies had the same level as the player but with iron or leather gear? (it is possible to do it because in oblivion enemies can use min/max level range, so the enemy can be 3 level lower or 4 level higher then the player, and you can select the items the enemies wear) This is what level scaling in the witcher does, the enemy don't get superb gear, witcher gear is better but it make every enemy challenging and give the player the ability to explore to his heart content. I had to ignore so many quests when i played vanilla in order to keep the main story challenging, on the other hand when i wanted to rollplay the concerned father and rush thru the main quest i couldn't because i was level gated.
In heart of stone i play with the upscale and No Lvl Diff Adjustment, i got to admit it make the game a lot more fun.

I cant understand why it is fun to one hit every low level enemy because the receive a debuff the fighting an actual challenging foe?
another question why geralt experience in the books and previous games doesn't count but the 10 extra drawners will.

Well with the great story telling of TW3 , YES. I enjoy playing the game the way it was intended by the Devs - not just stumbling into a random cave finding quest items with no idea what their significance is.

the game give you a lot of distractions too, quests that happen on the spot. abandoned sites and more, i don't enter caves because there might be a quest connected to it.

Last edited:
But why would you want "boss" monsters to be on your level from the word go? It just doesn't make sense ... If that was the case then Geralt could just have walked up to the King of the Wild Hunt , kicked him in the nuts , taken Ciri and boom they lived happily every after. Same principle applies to low level enemies like drowners. I don't think it makes much sense that a drowner is the same level as the king of the wild hunt or a Chort? Fist fights in Velen , yep same difficulty as the main boss fights.

First of all, Geralt has to encounter Eredin before he can nut-stomp him, and the plot is tortuous enough that there's plenty of adventuring to be had before that happens. Also, developers avoid the nut-kicking scenario with design decisions that create challenging monsters who aren't impossible to beat, but are still challenging for other reasons, like attacks that will one-shot a level 40 Geralt, but could theoretically be beaten with skilled gameplay (dodging, potions, oils, buffs, etc).

And at the end of the day, nobody would care if the main bosses were level locked. The point of upscaling is to open up the world. 1 or 2 plot-centric encounters being locked off isn't an issue.

Top Bottom