DIssapointment about the King of the WIld Hunt

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
DIssapointment about the King of the WIld Hunt

I really enjoyed the whole game,but there was an empty feeling about the King of the Hunt. In the last two games he was like an Nemesis to Geralt and in the third game he barely speaks a few words and not even talk a litle bit with the witcher in the end. And I really was expecting some brutal spins and moves from the fight i the cutscene not just two blows and that be the end of it... With Letho there was an epic figh scene but I was hoping for even better with the King of the Hunt,he suppose to be some bad ass... :(
I know they wont do it,but if in that scene with the king they add up I will be Immensely Appreciated...

Last edited:
Look at it this way - he wanted to kill Ciri... is there really something he could tell that would make Geralt not wanna save her from him? He killed people for much less... If I was in Geralt place, i would be not interested in anything he wanted to say... and Eredin was proud old Elf to not waste his time trying to explain his sick intentions... (plus, his character was build up in books, plus, he was not that great fighter either... BOOK SPOILER - Ciri defeated him once when she was still teenager )

Last edited:
I remember Geralt says that he was ride with the Hunt for a while that at least means that he can be a little familiar with them and even from the last part of the Witcher 2, he says that the King Made a deal with him his soul for that of Yeneffer ,that means that he was really interested in Geralt and wants him to be his obediant at the least.

(jj284b)
Then why even in the game was mentioned that Geralt himself maybe cant beat him and Ciri doesnt even stand a chance there may at least be a dramatic fight scene not a slaughter of a pig... (excuse me for the language)

I can see both sides of the argument (although again I think saying JUST READ THE BOOKS doesn't help people primarily or only interested in the games) but personally I would of liked there to of been some sort of clever twist with Eredin, his motives, his character, or even just seeing some frustration from him in the end, anger at his plans foiled, passion for the fate of his people.

I wasn't blown away by the fight, when he drags you into the portal I was like OH YEAH BABY but he doesn't take you far. Would of been cool if he dragged you to other world or places on his own world you have't seen etc in an epic portal hopping battle. I know he needs a navigator for that but would of been cool and memorable.

(jj284b)
Then why even in the game was mentioned that Geralt himself maybe cant beat him and Ciri doesnt even stand a chance there may at least be a dramatic fight scene not a slaughter of a pig... (excuse me for the language)

i just mentioned what actually happened in last book -
Ciri beat Eredin on a ship when she was escaping from Tir na Lia after Auberon was poisoned..
Eredin was hunting her ever since. He took Geralt as a rider because he hoped it would force Ciri to save him, which she eventually did, but Geralt lost his memory in the process.. but regained that memory afterwards (W2) So, when he met the Wild Hunt at the Avala'chs laboratory with Keira, he was talking from experience (presence of Navigator, how their teleportation is different etc..)

overall, i think people search for something that is not there - Eredin was always just a brute, ordinary slaver who enjoyed killing humans to avenge the Elder Race... but same as those Scoiatel leaders, he would stand no chance against humans, and he knew it, which is why he wanted to kill Ciri (so she couldnt have a son, that will conquer all worlds..)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom