do i have to wait for the mod creators to fix their mods

+
do i have to wait for the mod creators to fix their mods

or is there any fix for them now ? i tried the modkit fix and it didnt work

CDPR made some changes to script files, of course you can look for those changes and try to modify values in new script files, but it's going to be a nigthmare if you don't know what to look for, especially if you haven't even try to modify some scripts, I would be maybe capable of doint that, since I have heavily modified script files by myself, but no way I am going through with it :D

Virtually all of the scripts have been updated in some fashion. Other than actual changes, the rest is mostly extra commenting for descriptive purposes between coders, etc.

If you have any experience with it. The easiest way to go about updating script related stuff requires 4 things;

1. pre-1.10 scripts (the mod kit has them)
  2. the modded scripts
  3. 1.10 scripts to add the changes to.
  4. and a diff utility of your choice.

Basically, use a diff tool(example: https://www.diffchecker.com/diff to check what was modified between the base original pre-1.1 script and the modded one (use the pre1.1 scripts so it will only show what was change by the mod, and not from game updates)

Then add those changes to the new 1.10 scripts, and replace the old modded ones with the new ones.

If you're not comfortable doing that, You'll have to be patient, and wait for people to update their stuff.

Last edited:
Basic asset ones should work. Such as texture changes, etc. The lighting stuff won't work correctly because the csv, and env files have also been changed a little with the patch.

Scryar

Forum veteran
Well.. the patch broke 30 of my 40 mods:(
I just hope the "closer camera" mod(s) get an update soon. I just can't play anymore with Geralt being so far away. Completely immersion breaking.

Well.. the patch broke 30 of my 40 mods:(

Ughh... This is why I think we should give CDPR a chance to provide some feedback here. Clearly they are aware that many of us are using mods. I'm sure there was something that wasn't configured correctly so that 1.10 would allow for existing mods.

I don't have 40 mods... but I have almost half that much, and I'm willing to wait a little...

Ughh... This is why I think we should give CDPR a chance to provide some feedback here. Clearly they are aware that many of us are using mods. I'm sure there was something that wasn't configured correctly so that 1.10 would allow for existing mods.

I don't have 40 mods... but I have almost half that much, and I'm willing to wait a little...

The problem isn't on CDPR's end. Mods still work just fine, you just need to update them individually. That's not something CDPR can do, nor is it something they're responsible for. Just follow Asmodean's advice above, 90% of the time I've found updating the scripts trivial.

The problem isn't on CDPR's end. Mods still work just fine, you just need to update them individually. That's not something CDPR can do, nor is it something they're responsible for. Just follow Asmodean's advice above, 90% of the time I've found updating the scripts trivial.

Can we be sure of this? The patch isn't 24 hours old yet.

I obviously agree that in general, when a patch this big is applied, most if not all mods do need to be updated in order to adapt. But it's hard to imagine CDPR would not have said something beforehand, and also hard to imagine they did not assume that most people had some amount of mods already installed.

Can we be sure of this? The patch isn't 24 hours old yet.

I obviously agree that in general, when a patch this big is applied, most if not all mods do need to be updated in order to adapt. But it's hard to imagine CDPR would not have said something beforehand, and also hard to imagine they did not assume that most people had some amount of mods already installed.

Dude, it has nothing to do with CDPR. The mods are outdated. Simple as that lol.

Basically speaking - They've made code changes to their classes, and functions, etc, etc. The scripts have also been updated to reflect those coding changes. Along with other stuff such as descriptive comments, and such. If you try load a mod with an outdated script. It's not going to work. It's that simple.

This is very standard. It just hasn't been much of an issue with W3 up to now, because they hadn't made any major script changes until 1.10.

Dude, it has nothing to do with CDPR. The mods are outdated. Simple as that lol.

OK, I wasn't sure.

I understand it's more likely the way things are supposed to be. I would just feel alot better if one of the REDs came on here and stated, "Yes, you guys will have to update all your mods. We changed alot of shit".

So am I missing something, or don't we have the 1.10 scripts? I believe they were included with the modkit? so now we just have to wait for their new modkit...

---------- Updated at 10:34 PM ----------

Nevermind, I just noticed they are under content0. =p

OK, I wasn't sure.

I understand it's more likely the way things are supposed to be. I would just feel alot better if one of the REDs came on here and stated, "Yes, you guys will have to update all your mods. We changed alot of shit".

Whenever a patch comes for any game, some mods still work, some don't. Depends on what was changed and usually the modder will fix this issue within days, if they have the time for that, they even do it for free :)

If they had released the patch with the expansion pack, most people would have to play it without their regular mods, now modders have some time to deal with it before the expansion comes out.

the patch didnt fix anything for me. it only made performance worse, and it broke all my mods. i used to get 70 fps, now i get 50 on a high end pc...

the patch didnt fix anything for me. it only made performance worse, and it broke all my mods. i used to get 70 fps, now i get 50 on a high end pc...

Try copy / pasting your user.settings file from your docs folder, to your desktop as a backup or something, and let the game options reset to defaults, and set them up again. This happens almost every patch. Regarding frame rate.

Edit: also don't forget to delete your user.settings.bak file. Otherwise it will just revert to that, instead of a fresh reset.

Last edited:

I know literally nothing about scripts, but would like to manually update my own scripts so I don't have to wait on mod authors. Is anyone willing to write out a detailed, step by step tutorial?

Does anyone know if blobs and metadata stores used in mods have to be regenerated for the new patch? Scripts I have no problem fixing myself to work. But i have a few gui mods, like Triss DLC hair on regular triss, that I'd like to know if I need to repack. Or if I can even repack them myself yet or if there needs to be a modkit update as well.

Just wait for the modders. There may or may not be a modkit update, but that isn't the limiting factor here. Just have some patience.

Top Bottom