Do we want Witcher 4 ?

+

Do we want Witcher 4 ?

• Yes, playing as Geralt again. Can never get too much Geralt.

Votes: 400 40.9%
  • Yes, with new predefined character, created by CD Projekt or Sapkowski.

Votes: 243 24.9%
  • Yes, with our own custom created character.

Votes: 172 17.6%
  • No, CD Projekt should create new IPs, new worlds. Witcher has ended.

Votes: 162 16.6%

• Total voters
I think it would be interesting to make a game with an open world that changes irreversibly in time, which the authors could systematically update, adding new quests not sometimes, but regularly, say, once a year.
Everything should be based on an open world, similar to the world of The Witcher 3, but with a change of seasons, with a calendar in which military conflicts would begin and end, really changing the world, and not formally. That is, if Radovid/Emhyr won the war, not only the color of the flags on the towers would change, but also some significant aspects of the life of the inhabitants of the cities.
Also, changes in the seasons should really change the life of the inhabitants of the world: economic activities, the nature of the conduct of hostilities, the features of the collision of inhabitants with monsters should change noticeably from weather conditions. (that is, children should not play in the snow on the road, as is now happening in the winter White Garden). In summer, a witcher could grow grapes on his estate and make wine from them, sometimes clearing his vineyards of pests that spoil the vine. It would also be logical to carry out some construction work to improve the estate in the warm season. In winter, on the contrary, instead of household chores, the hero would have more time for witcher investigations of secrets, similar to the plot of "Hearts of Stone".

Instead of one main plot, there should be story, corresponding to the year of the protagonist's life, approximately as shown in "Blood and Wine", but tied to a specific calendar year.
If in the course of previous events a certain king won, this should affect the appearance of the world and really influence subsequent events. For example, after the victory in the war of Radovid, various magicians acquaintances would come to visit Geralt in Corvo Bianco, seeking shelter from persecution. And in the event of Emhyr's victory, it would turn out that Geralt owes his estate not so much to the princess as to the emperor, and he must pay this debt until the end of his life with faithful courtier service.
The consequences of decisions made by the player should visibly affect something like it is shown when Vivien arrives on Skellige in one of the passage options. Or like during the execution of Keira Metz in Novigrad. It is logical to tie the long-term consequences to the calendar - the path to Skellige takes time. And if the quest was completed in 1273, then the heroine must would appear in the far lands in the next 1274.
Most importantly, the execution time of tasks should be limited to reasonable calendar terms. It seems to me that it is wrong that the fire in the baron's castle in Vronitsy continues forever if the witcher does not immediately rush to extinguish it, but goes about his business. I think it's wrong that Ciri is forever kept on the Isle of Mists, like in a tin can, waiting for us to win back all the Gwent cards and kill all the monsters in the world. I think all assignments should have a duration from a few days to a few months. Main tasks should be linked to the calendar. The deadline for completing witcher orders should be counted from the moment the announcement was removed from the board.

The total duration of the quests should be such that the player could go through not all, but more than half of all, in principle, available to the hero of the task in a given calendar period in one passage. That is, recovering to some distant countries, we would inevitably fail quests in other locations - those, the path to which would be too long.

Accordingly, the use of a quick transition must subtract from the calendar the number of days corresponding to the length of the path. And the quests that do not fit within this period should simply fail. Even the main ones. This will create a sense of reality and the importance of the player's actions.

During the year, the authors could develop a new part of the questsdescribing the next year of the life of a witcher / other protagonist, and release them as an update/sequel to the game, each of which would not be the final one, and could always be continued in the future. Of course, each such update would have to be paid.

Last edited:
Yes but with a female Witcher of the School of the Cat (the only one that includes women as far as we know, thus making it the superior Witcher School :howdy:)

As the main character, I would like to see Lambert. This is a characteristic hero, very vividly written in The Witcher 3.
The initial task of The Witcher 4 could be that joint journey of the witcher and the sorceress, which Keira Metz talks about after protecting Kaer Morhen.
In the event that the player does not fail, it would be possible to show the development of their relationship. For example, if the player constantly takes care of Keira, then they remain a couple with Lambert and, as a result, the player receives a significant number of interesting tasks from the sorceress, some of which Lambert and Keira go through together.
If the player visits the sorceress every few months, then they remain just friends and the witcher receives a small number of tasks from her, which he goes through himself.
If a player appears once every six months, the sorceress hardly remembers him and we no longer receive tasks from her. On the other hand, time is freed up to complete tasks from other employers and customers, which is important in the structure of the game with an objective course of time and a working calendar.

Is it possible to ask general questions about the structure of the future game of the continuation of the Witcher series to the developers themselves?
And if so, where can it be done?

@Dmitriy_1981 right now it's probably much too soon to ask these questions. There's not even a release date yet and a lot of things can still change. So I would say it's best to be patient.

Once there are new infos to share, I'm sure there will be another news here in the forums, just like this one:

@Dmitriy_1981 right now it's probably much too soon to ask these questions. There's not even a release date yet and a lot of things can still change. So I would say it's best to be patient.

Once there are new infos to share, I'm sure there will be another news here in the forums, just like this one:
Thank you for your answer... Although it's a pity that there is no way to share your thoughts with the authors, or at least ask a general question about the basic rules of the future game.

Thank you for your answer... Although it's a pity that there is no way to share your thoughts with the authors, or at least ask a general question about the basic rules of the future game.
After Cyberpunk, you really except that Devs will answer questions about "the basic rules of the future game" directly with players ?
Honeslty I doubt :)
So at best, you can post on the forum your thoughts, devs will certainly read them.

After Cyberpunk, you really except that Devs will answer questions about "the basic rules of the future game" directly with players ?
Honeslty I doubt :)
So at best, you can post on the forum your thoughts, devs will certainly read them.
Devs will certainly read it? :) Well, we can only hope

I wouldn’t say certain, but there‘s definitely a chance they might read it.

Besides there are existing threads you could use, for example:

I wouldn’t say certain, but there‘s definitely a chance they might read it.

Besides there are existing threads you could use, for example:
Thanks for the advice ... Although the questions raised in these topics seem to me to be secondary

I want to play Geralt!!!!!!!
just as the dlcs of the Witches 3,they are very excellent,though Geralt seems to have retired at the end of DLC,but why don't we make him a new coincide,or some of his friends get some problems,or just he is caught and brought to the new continent?the Witcher's world background is very fantastic and it has a huge potential to make much more new things

I feel kinda ambigious towards a new witcher.

On one had i want to play more in this awesome Universe, perhaps even as Ciri or a other predefined Character
and then
On the other hand, i am quite concerned with the upcoming games from CD Project Red, ever since Pjotrs ESG Deep Dive
video. Specially after what The butcher of Witcher did with the shows on Netflix and that i have seen what CAN happen.

Yeah, so right now i am not so sure about new Witcher games, or games in general.
Even was forced to ignore Baldurs Gate 3 lately, despite that one being a good game as far as i know.
But it fell victim so social media madness, i do not want to see the same happen with the witcher games
or the new Cyberpunk games for that matter :(

So yeah in summary, i am really not so sure anymore :(
I guess we will know soon enough *shrugs*

Would be cool to play in the "old" times, when there were more Witcher's. Choosing your own school and depending on that starting in a certain world location. That would be awesome
I'm very much of the same mindset. A Witcher game set hundreds of years before the events of the novels leaves all that lore and a mostly blank canvas. Also, tons of player agency to explore.

Tbh I'd like to have "Witcher 4" similar tone that Cyberpunk had, with ability to create own character, with different abilities are specializing into multiple roles. Strong main story with plenty of narrated side quests (hopefully not too many quests just to go X and kill Y", at least without dialogues on why to do those fights).

I think sticking with Witcher 3 open world might not be good in any other peoples eyes aside from the "I completed Witcher 3" completionists, like 50% of playerbase has likely even finished main quest and of those maybe 10% has finished more than 10 side quests. It's still a large audience for sure, that might be the most passionate people to boost and recommend the game to popularity, but I think Cyberpunk's higher focus on optional and more fuller side quests seems like far greater approach, even going further and almost cutting away those smaller side quests entirely.

Top Bottom