Do we want Witcher 4 ?

+

Do we want Witcher 4 ?

• Yes, playing as Geralt again. Can never get too much Geralt.

Votes: 400 40.9%
  • Yes, with new predefined character, created by CD Projekt or Sapkowski.

Votes: 243 24.9%
  • Yes, with our own custom created character.

Votes: 172 17.6%
  • No, CD Projekt should create new IPs, new worlds. Witcher has ended.

Votes: 162 16.6%

• Total voters
Tbh I'd like to have "Witcher 4" similar tone that Cyberpunk had, with ability to create own character, with different abilities are specializing into multiple roles. Strong main story with plenty of narrated side quests (hopefully not too many quests just to go X and kill Y", at least without dialogues on why to do those fights).

I think sticking with Witcher 3 open world might not be good in any other peoples eyes aside from the "I completed Witcher 3" completionists, like 50% of playerbase has likely even finished main quest and of those maybe 10% has finished more than 10 side quests. It's still a large audience for sure, that might be the most passionate people to boost and recommend the game to popularity, but I think Cyberpunk's higher focus on optional and more fuller side quests seems like far greater approach, even going further and almost cutting away those smaller side quests entirely.
Not sure what do you mean by "Cyberpunk's higher focus on optional and more fuller side quests" :(
So not sure you even played the game, but The Witcher 3 offer way more side quests than Cyberpunk (and it doesn't take an account "unknow locations" and "contracts" which are equivalent of "NCDP Scanner hustles" and "GIGs" on Cyberpunk), so check here to have an idea:
The Witcher 3 secondary quests
About main/side quests, both games are very similar ;)

I've not played W3 to completion yet, but from what I've seen, sure there's similar amount of side quests, but aren't as packed as those larger side-story missions in Cyberpunk. At least that's what Cyberpunk had it's most praise, where main story was called short, with recommending to complete at least 1 or 2 larger side missions.

Just offering my casual opinion about where Witcher 4 should be headed, not looking to argue about which game had more of X. :)

I've not played W3 to completion yet, but from what I've seen, sure there's similar amount of side quests, but aren't as packed as those larger side-story missions in Cyberpunk. At least that's what Cyberpunk had it's most praise, where main story was called short, with recommending to complete at least 1 or 2 larger side missions.

Just offering my casual opinion about where Witcher 4 should be headed, not looking to argue about which game had more of X. :)
In fact, I just wonder because both games are very similar on this part (it's CDPR afterall, dogs don't make cats^^). Cyberpunk doesn't to be "more focused on side/optional content" than The Witcher 3.
Cyberpunk offer less side quests, but the main story is shorter. The Witcher 3 offer more side quests, but the main story is longer. So the "ratio main quests / side quests" is pretty similar in both game and the quality of the side quests too (for example, V's LI and Geralt LI quests).

i.e, saying TW4 have to more like Cyberpunk on this point have little sense, because overall, they have a very similar approach. Like someone saying that the leveling system in Cyberpunk is dumb while it was good in TW3... it make no sense while both have almost the same system :)

In fact, I just wonder because both games are very similar on this part (it's CDPR afterall, dogs don't make cats^^). Cyberpunk doesn't to be "more focused on side/optional content" than The Witcher 3.
Cyberpunk offer less side quests, but the main story is shorter. The Witcher 3 offer more side quests, but the main story is longer. So the "ratio main quests / side quests" is pretty similar in both game and the quality of the side quests too (for example, V's LI and Geralt LI quests).

i.e, saying TW4 have to more like Cyberpunk on this point have little sense, because overall, they have a very similar approach. Like if someone saying that the leveling system in Cyberpunk is dumb while it was good in TW3... it make no sense while both have almost the same system :)
Okay thanks for clarifying.

But what I was trying to say was that there should be more of these bigger side mission chains with hopefully meaningful end game content (don't copy the "have your buddy in last mission", especially if the combat doesn't change radically)

Tbh I'd like to have "Witcher 4" similar tone that Cyberpunk had, with ability to create own character, with different abilities are specializing into multiple roles. Strong main story with plenty of narrated side quests (hopefully not too many quests just to go X and kill Y", at least without dialogues on why to do those fights).

I think sticking with Witcher 3 open world might not be good in any other peoples eyes aside from the "I completed Witcher 3" completionists, like 50% of playerbase has likely even finished main quest and of those maybe 10% has finished more than 10 side quests. It's still a large audience for sure, that might be the most passionate people to boost and recommend the game to popularity, but I think Cyberpunk's higher focus on optional and more fuller side quests seems like far greater approach, even going further and almost cutting away those smaller side quests entirely.
I like the open world quite a bit, it worked well in TW3. I would like a female Wircher protagonist this time around though, the AC Odyssey/Valhalla system of choosing the character's gender would me my choice (not so much full customization though, I prefer more fixed playable characters).

Okay thanks for clarifying.

But what I was trying to say was that there should be more of these bigger side mission chains with hopefully meaningful end game content (don't copy the "have your buddy in last mission", especially if the combat doesn't change radically)
Not sure it was clearer, I read my post and apparently I have eaten some words :D
Anyway, what I meant, it's would like comparing Pepsi and Coca Cola, the taste is different, so everyone will have a preference, but overall it's pretty much the same drink.

But I think I get what you said. For example in Cyberpunk there are side/optional quests which open whole new endings (Panam/Johnny) while there is not in The Witcher 3.

I believe the size of Witcher 3 should resemble a growing Franchise. Playable as what ever characters CD Project Red wants us too. Though maybe allowing us to build new characters, for replay value.

with the growing media, tv and movie screens, offering options for a strict yet adequate story telling, could allow the players “including myself”, to play multiple characters in full. I think I’m trying to say, creating a custom character will open the game up for the lengthy game as Wichter 3 was. Though making predefined characters such as Ciri and Geralt wouldn’t need to be so open and with so many quests. Meaning the predefined characters would be more to the point, and offer a 25% completion of the game. Where as a custom character could offer the freedom of Witcher 3 and larger % of total game completion.

Another interesting development was the O’dimm story. What world was he from, or more importantly how did he accomplish what he was. Not all monsters have to be beasts, as the tv series and movies have shown us. Making some more tricky monsters to slay, would mean multiple play throughs, with premade characters could help reveal important information to defeating such monsters. Which brings me to my next point. We could run around with companions, why not allow for multiplayer based on premade character stories. Teaming up to complete parts of the game for a small % of completion 2-5%.

simple ideas to be taken with a grain of salt. Though I am sure CD Project Red will figure something that’ll satisfy its fans.

Another Witcher would be great, with Geralt or other female Witcher, but Ciri is too powerful to be attractive to play with. She's a great side character but with too much powers.

Another Witcher would be great, with Geralt or other female Witcher, but Ciri is too powerful to be attractive to play with. She's a great side character but with too much powers.
A female Witcher different from Ciri would be great. A true Witcher, having gone through the Trial of the Grasses and being able to use Alchemy, unlike Ciri.

Not sure if it's myself not able to afford a new gaming Console/PC. But I also feel Geralt should end even though I just started playing Witcher 3. I strongly feel while also sad to end one's journey with Geralt. A new journey should began a new story.

I feel like CDPR can make a game with Ciri as a protagonist work. To be honest they can make it good with many more characters, for example Eskel, young Vesemir, Letho etc.

Do we want Witcher 4 ?

UPDATE: The second option is not phrased as clearly as I wanted. It means predefined character created by CDP or Sapkowski, therefore it can include Ciri. If you want next Witcher game to star Ciri, the second option is for that.

The other topic regarding this question is missing one important option in the poll, so here is a new one.
I saw this thread posted over on the polish forum, figured it would be nice to see international results too.
This is regarding the future of Witcher franchise AFTER the updates, DLCs and expansions - regarding the possible full Witcher game.
Vote for what you would like to see the most.

Here is the link to original polish thread:
http://forums.cdprojektred.com/threads/1906-Chcemy-Wiedźmina-4-ankieta
Yes , please and I'm late to the discussion because just purchased Witcher's 1 thru 3 with expansions (From May 2023-Sep 2023 to complete all 3 Witcher games with exps, chose Ciri good ending becoming Queen and Yennifer main squeeze) . Love it!!!!

In the meantime can't you make a quest after the "Go Home quest" where you can interact with the unicorn (Banging Yen) instead of heading to brothel, plus maybe start receiving income from the Blood & Wine Vineyard. As well as new monthly Witcher contracts on the boards throughout???

Do we want Witcher 4 ?

UPDATE: The second option is not phrased as clearly as I wanted. It means predefined character created by CDP or Sapkowski, therefore it can include Ciri. If you want next Witcher game to star Ciri, the second option is for that.

The other topic regarding this question is missing one important option in the poll, so here is a new one.
I saw this thread posted over on the polish forum, figured it would be nice to see international results too.
This is regarding the future of Witcher franchise AFTER the updates, DLCs and expansions - regarding the possible full Witcher game.
Vote for what you would like to see the most.

Here is the link to original polish thread:
http://forums.cdprojektred.com/threads/1906-Chcemy-Wiedźmina-4-ankieta
Hello,

I'm a big fan of your games.

With this post I just want to convey my request not to make Ciri the main character in "The Witcher 4". She is not a witcher/witch.

She “only” took part in combat training and herbology training.

There is one thing that the development team was criticized for in all parts the series and that is the combat and magic system. A lot of people complained about it at first, but after a certain period of getting used to it, it was good and something different. The fight sequences in The Witcher 3 with Ciri were just cheap and stupid.

...simply hit it and "teleport" ...

Also, would the witcher potions actually work on Ciri? Will brewing potions also be abolished or simplified?

As in Part 3, Ciri should only remain a supporting character that you only play for a few scenes, since she is still on the run from the wild hunt.

My idea isn't the best either. ...but...

A fresh start would be better. One could pick up on something that was discussed in the TV series, namely that Yennefer wants to have her biological child. Since neither she nor Geralt are able to have children and Yennefer doesn't want to give up her powers, the only option is the magical way. She could magically create a "biological" child using a rare magical ritual and a blood sample from her and Geralt (ingredient: Ciris “Elder Blood”). At a price. It could reduce Geralt's lifespan to 1 to 2 years, so that he only sees the first years of the child’s life, if at all. Yennefer could perhaps be there for the first 10 to 13 years to take over the child's magical training and then the child could learn combat training and herbology from Ciri in her new school.

Please consider!

That's a hard question, I don't mind playing a new character, but at the same time, I want to see Geralt again. Maybe he's not playable, but I still want to see him return in the new Witcher 4 game. I don't mind given the option to play a custom character, but I also like pre-set characters bc it takes all the work out of creating a character in the beginning. One thing that takes up most of my time in the beginning is creating a character. So hopefully they give us an option. So both sides can be content.

The Witcher Universe is extremely fun, but, as other's have said Geralt's story ended wonderfully.

I would not even call a new game in this Universe "The Witcher 4" but something referencing Ciri such as "The Lady of Space & Time." (Although that title may be too bombastic.)

The general plot line could be incredibly simple with Gaunter O'Dimm assuming the role of primary antagonist w/ Geralt having some incredible cameo appearances.

Additionally, since Ciri is a world traveler, it would not be limited to strictly a fantasy setting which opens up a lot more diverse biomes & genres such as sci-fi.

Honestly, I'm tired of hearing about Ciri as the new protagonist. Her story is already told, she is totally OP, not a witcher (because she is a femaie), and the list goes on..

Playing in an European middle ages fantasy-setting, it's much better with a male character like Geralt. You do sword fighting, fist fights and more. A petite women fighting men twice her size, would easily become downright silly (like we see in so many current movies and TV-show). Yes, it's fantasy, but you still need some versimilitude. Otherwise, you get Disney Star Wars.

Anyways, the sci-fi and fantasy marked has been completely saturated with "strong" female leads the last 5-6 years, and quite frankly I'm tired of it.

Just give us a new Witcher game, with...you know, and ACTUAL witcher as the main protagonist.

I would prefer to see Geralt again, as he is just such a well developed character, and I think it's less likely that a new character would be as strong - but the new witcher game should have a male lead.

Also don't go the Ubisoft route, where you can choose between a female or male lead. This tends to give more generic stories, with poor/dull characterization.

Last edited:
I can't imagine for what, let alone like what The Witcher 3 was,
but basically another expansion would be great.
Like Hearts of Stone or Blood and Wine dlc.

There's heavy rumors that we'll get our own character as a Witcher which seems odd, but if done right, could be awesome.

I definitelly vote for character creator like in Cyberpunk. In my opinion creation of our own character gives the best immersion. And is suitable for everyone, you can play as any gender with any appearance (character can looks similar to Geralt or Ciri or anyone). In other hand if you force player to predefined charatcer they may not feel it. Some players can feel the connection with main character only when character has specific gender or appearance. Also we can not forget that we are talking about RPG - role playing game, being able to feel connection with main character is one of the key factor in this type of games.

Top Bottom