Does the Wild Hunt remind you of the Mistborn series?

+
I just finished the main game yesterday. I can't say it's the best game ever, but I would say it's the game with the best story I have ever played. I would actually prefer the more linear story telling in W2 over the open world concept. The game mechanics and combat system are both better in W2.

Getting back to the topic, after finding Ciri, I was so drawn into the story line and invested emotionally into the characters, I just wanted to see the story unfold. The side quests added very little to the experience. Now I'm done with the game (got the bitter sweet ending), I feel empty because I'm attached to the characters. I don't think an alternative ending could change how I feel. This reminded me of the popular Brandon Sanderson's Mistborn series. It was the last media product, including books, games, TV, and movies, that had such strong story line and character development, I felt that I didn't want the story to end and had this empty feeling for a few days. Any fellow Mistborn fans here?

I may start one of the DLCs to get me over. I have to make it through KM's emptiness without Yen, Triss or Ciri first.....

Top Bottom