Downloadable content announcement

+
There might be some minor bugs with separate servers. Please be patient it won;t take logn to fix them.

Sagardlebarbare said:
help baddly needed here guys :I'm under Vista 32bits home premiumThe Witcher has always run fine, including patching to 1.3 and installing d'jinniI've downloaded (patiently) the new patch, french+english+polish language pack and the two 'new" adventuresWhen I launch the install, I've got the "an' givare" (??) pop-up, I enter my login and password I'm identified ok and I'm told to start the update to 1.4 (BTW I choose to install every element I've downloaded)It starts displaying the installation window and copying the files... BUT AFTER A FEW SECONDS VISTA POPS UP AND TELLS ME : " setup.exe

I got EE installed! It took the Uncut Mod out of the game. Has anyone tried to use this Mod after they have installed EE and does it work?Cut crap! I hate it! :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall: :dead:

ChorusOfOne said:
ChorusOfOne said:
Pretty pissed. Started downloading the TWEE_Upgrade last night and so far the b*tch has died at ~50mb 3 times. Tried to beat the crowd by starting to download last night to no effect. Now getting 8kbs on a dsl line! wtf??
I feel your pain, my friend. I live in the U.S. on the east coast, I started downloading the core files and the language pack before I left for work this morning.I had the language pack (457 MB or so) act like it completed within minutes, but the file size was only 12 MB; obviously that didn't work too well, so I started it over. On a DSL line, I was getting about 125 Kbps for the language pack, but I was lucky if I got 30 Kbps with the core update file (909 MB). My computer told me it was going to take like 8 or 9 hours to complete, so I just left it running while at work.Good lord, I hope this download doesn't fail or get corrupted, otherwise I'll be starting all over again when I get home... :'(
Heh, well at least it's better than my 8kbps!! I ended up using the RapidShare links that broke up the TWEE into 5 parts. 70kbps a lot better than before. Good luck with your download, hope it makes it.

waldo6877 said:
I got EE installed! It took the Uncut Mod out of the game. Has anyone tried to use this Mod after they have installed EE and does it work?Cut crap! I hate it! :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall: :dead:
you mean I need to empty my override before installing ?

Sagardlebarbare said:
Sagardlebarbare said:
help baddly needed here guys :I'm under Vista 32bits home premiumThe Witcher has always run fine, including patching to 1.3 and installing d'jinniI've downloaded (patiently) the new patch, french+english+polish language pack and the two 'new" adventuresWhen I launch the install, I've got the "an' givare" (??) pop-up, I enter my login and password I'm identified ok and I'm told to start the update to 1.4 (BTW I choose to install every element I've downloaded)It starts displaying the installation window and copying the files... BUT AFTER A FEW SECONDS VISTA POPS UP AND TELLS ME : " setup.exe

When i go to register the game in step 3 i put the code and a message tells me: you have to be logged to use this feature.please enable cookies in IE.what can i do????

DungeonMasterddraw said:
When i go to register the game in step 3 i put the code and a message tells me: you have to be logged to use this feature.please enable cookies in IE.what can i do????
try enabling cookies in Internet Explorer.

Eriash said:
Eriash said:
Eriash said:

OK I went Ahead and tried the Uncut Patch over EE. 1. I installed the EE Patch 2. I installed the Uncut Patch 3. I installed the English Voice Pack EE Edition.The Outcome! All the cards are Back, Triss is nude, The Dryad looks completely different though. More Striped green and Black but still nude! I say it works! So have fun!

WitchKing said:
WitchKing said:
WitchKing said:
i try to launch the TWEE UPGRADE and i get this message... >SetupNew\setup.cpp (135) PAPP: PGUID $ @Windows Vista Service Pack 1 (6001) IE 7.0.6001.18000WHAT IN THE WORLD IS THIS?
Strange..im getting>SetupNew\setup.cpp (135) PAPP: PVENDOR: PGUID $ @Windows Vista Service Pack 3 (2600) Non IE/Netscape 11.0 : < as well not being able to connect to the rigistration thing :dead:
Same problem here :wall: . I'm starting to wonder if this intentional .... in order to rebuy the game. ::)
Ok, this is bullshit. Free or not, who has the time to ****** around with all this? Simple? Not bloody likely. IM getting the same error now, after ive finally got the download (Started at 5AM ET) And I get all xcited and i get THIS error msg. Nothing works, no compatibility issue, it wont work under 95, 98, Service pack 1, 2 windows XP, nothing. I tried dwnlding it AGAIN and i get the same bloody msg. So what the hell? Can ANYONE give a fix on this?

Im getting an error as well.WinXP sp3 / DX9C (Aug 08) / VB Runtime Libraries 6 / Geforce Drv 175 & 177 / Latest Audigy DRVs & very well house cleaned and looked after. C2D 6400 / GF 8800 GTS / SB Audigy 4 / 2GB DDR21) D/l 1.4 patch 2) D/L English Language Files3) D?L the 2 adventure addons "Steps" & "Neutrality".Mounted all in the same folder and installed the 1.4 + English files + Eng subs only + 2 adventuresRun the Witcher from BOTH Install folder .EXE and Start Menu, Both say: The typical Grey Windows XP error box!"Windows XP has encountered a problem and needs to close, We are sorry for the convenience" "Dend" or "Dont Send" buttons.This is odd for Win XP sp 3, its been around long enoughAny ideasNightO

Luchaire said:
Luchaire said:
Good lord, I hope this download doesn't fail or get corrupted, otherwise I'll be starting all over again when I get home... :'(
If that's the case, just get it from Fileshack. I just downloaded it from their free East Coast server and got 750 Kbps through the whole thing. Only took about 20-25 minutes or so. :)
Sweet. I see FileShack seems to be the popular route to take. I'll definitely try that if my downloads failed. Thanks!

waldo6877 said:
OK I went Ahead and tried the Uncut Patch over EE. 1. I installed the EE Patch 2. I installed the Uncut Patch 3. I installed the English Voice Pack EE Edition.The Outcome! All the cards are Back, Triss is nude, The Dryad looks completely different though. More Striped green and Black but still nude! I say it works! So have fun!
YESSS! Thank you very much for this info. :peace:I'll try the same install order you did.

waldo6877 said:
waldo6877 said:
http://www.fileshack.com has the patch and the english language version up
20-25 Minutes and it was downloaded Thanx for the link to Fileshack
FileShack rules. I always go there for downloads when the option presents itself, but I didn't really think about it in my rush out the door this morning. Oh well... We'll see what happens when I get home, about an hour or so from now...

FSM said:
And is there anyone who can tell me: "the game works"?
I can tell this.It took 4hrs to download from ściągnij .pl by using FlashGet,then about 20 min installing,and everything is all right.Thanks RED,I am really pleased ;DYou`ve got my loyalty :peace: :wave:

PetraSilie said:
PetraSilie said:
My problem is in the file "mss32.dll" - can anyone with a working version of TW send me this file please (or upload it somewhere)?
I don't know what "mss32.dll" is good for but maybe you can find help here http://www.thewitcher.com/forum/index.php?topic=16688.0 which deals with this problem after DL
Download mss32.dll here: http://www.dll-files.com/dllindex/dll-files.shtml?mss32"Mss32.dll is a module for the Miles Sound System Library used by WinAmp and other multimedia applications for audio playback and sound effects."Source: http://www.liutilities.com/products/wintaskspro/dlllibrary/mss32/

Vargre said:
Vargre said:
Vargre said:
Vargre said:
i try to launch the TWEE UPGRADE and i get this message... >SetupNew\setup.cpp (135) PAPP: PGUID $ @Windows Vista Service Pack 1 (6001) IE 7.0.6001.18000WHAT IN THE WORLD IS THIS?
Strange..im getting>SetupNew\setup.cpp (135) PAPP: PVENDOR: PGUID $ @Windows Vista Service Pack 3 (2600) Non IE/Netscape 11.0 : < as well not being able to connect to the rigistration thing :dead:
Same problem here :wall: . I'm starting to wonder if this intentional .... in order to rebuy the game. ::)
Ok, this is bullshit. Free or not, who has the time to ****** around with all this? Simple? Not bloody likely. IM getting the same error now, after ive finally got the download (Started at 5AM ET) And I get all xcited and i get THIS error msg. Nothing works, no compatibility issue, it wont work under 95, 98, Service pack 1, 2 windows XP, nothing. I tried dwnlding it AGAIN and i get the same bloody msg. So what the hell? Can ANYONE give a fix on this?
I'm getting the same thing. Ideas?

Top Bottom