Dragon Age: Inquisition

+
Ahem, where did I exactly say that everyone on this planet has to play this game for it to have mainstream appeal to even non core-gamers???

LOL, where did I say you said that?? :p

As for the locations, I listed the locations only as to avoid spoilers of what's there to find... one example?

In the western approach, the place that looks like a repeat of the episode in stargate sg-1 where the Replicators are frozen in time, lol. (I keep hoping to find fellow SG-1 fans.)

---------- Updated at 12:42 AM ----------

But of course, every game is niche. CoD is niche because it only applies to people who like shooters. Who cares if 20 million people buy these games each year. It's a niche because you say so I guess.

Niche means that the target audience is very limited compared to the overall market potential. A game that sells millions of copies isn't niche, it's mainstream. It's not important if your casual gamer dad is into that audience or not. Not at all.

As for this, it's niche because it's the only definition (a real definition by the way) that can even still apply to games anymore. Gaming in general is mainstream. I am not using niche in the traditional sense here, no. Because you really can't anymore, not with many titles out now, if any.

If you're allowed to make up stats, I can certainly apply a word to the topic that has more than one way for it to be applied to a subject:

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/niche

---------- Updated at 12:49 AM ----------

And now that the convo's degraded to discussing definitions of words as they're used in relation to marketing and the rest of the english language... I'm bored. And agreeing to disagree, since this is a lame conversation. You don't like dragon age anymore, think it's for casuals more than core if at all, and I disagree. Simple, done. Moving on.

Link patch information

Very hopefull for pc, cause I really want to play with M&K. For some reason I can't see myself playing an rpg with a controllers, certainly not one by which the combat is skill, ability based.

It's about time! Here's hoping the patch doesn't make things worse....

Thanks for sharing :)

---------- Updated at 05:27 AM ----------

That would be just my luck. I finally fix my game, then the patch comes in to "help", and BAM! Crash crash crash! LOL.

What is the patch meant to fix? If my game has no issues should I still install that patch? o_o

That's what I'm wondering too, lol. I think I'm going to wait to install it to see what others say first. Just in case.

Info's all here:

Actually, it says it addresses party banter, and though I already have a somewhat decent amount, I would like to see if that increases, so I'll take the risk. I'll uninstall the patch if I need to.

Scholdarr does bring up some valid points. BioWare seems to have moved their focus from meaningful quests with C&C (Origins) to exploration (Skyrim) and filled those maps with collectible icons (Assassin's Creed). Some zones were really enjoyable (Crestwood, The Fallow Mire) but others felt like they were plucked straight out of an MMO. Residue of Star Wars: The Old Republic?

No one's denying that, however @KingXVI. The change in the game is rather obvious. It however doesn't make it something that "core" gamers can't enjoy, since story is in fact still there for those willing to look. They've also done a great job with lore here.

And if people remember, the main big story driven quests from Origins were all related to companions and the main story. All of that is still here. The majority of sidequests in Origins weren't very story driven at all. Seriously.

It only feels different because the main story is shorter, and the game's filled with more side activity, but at least that side activity is drenched in new lore bits, especially when it comes to the Tevinter and Elves.

That's what I'm wondering too, lol. I think I'm going to wait to install it to see what others say first. Just in case.

Info's all here:

Actually, it says it addresses party banter, and though I already have a somewhat decent amount, I would like to see if that increases, so I'll take the risk. I'll uninstall the patch if I need to.

Ohhhh i see

My banter seems to trigger once every half an hour, or sometimes i get 3 different kinds of banter all in the space of minute and then nothing again for half an hour. Idk if that's how it's meant to be but I'll download the patch when I get home, I guess. Or does it automatically patch when you go onto Origin?

Ohhhh i see

My banter seems to trigger once every half an hour, or sometimes i get 3 different kinds of banter all in the space of minute and then nothing again for half an hour. Idk if that's how it's meant to be but I'll download the patch when I get home, I guess. Or does it automatically patch when you go onto Origin?

I think it does unless you have it turned off, which I do. I tried updating recently, but it's not out yet. Probably will be in the afternoon.

Also, I'm like you, though instead of in the space of a few minutes to hours, it's a few minutes or 20-30 minutes. I try not to use my mount too much to hear it too.

I think it does unless you have it turned off, which I do. I tried updating recently, but it's not out yet. Probably will be in the afternoon.

Also, I'm like you, though instead of in the space of a few minutes to hours, it's a few minutes or 20-30 minutes. I try not to use my mount too much to hear it too.

I love using the mounts so it annoys me that I barely get any banter and then the mount reduces it even more sigh. I hope the patch works

I wonder how long it's going to take for the inevitable "last gryphon" dlc to come out. This is the perfect opportunity to finally ride a goddamn gryphon!

Solas already foreshadowed it! It's coming I tell you!

Yeah that's got to be why it sold well, got good reviews and people are enjoying it....
That's indeed the reason and that's not irony. If you don't understand that you obviously don't know how game reviewing usually works and how making mainstream games work. Or you just took the sentence too literally...

I recommend again reading that blog post: https://cmdouse.wordpress.com/2014/11/30/demographics-are-a-bit-like-an-oak-tree-i-guess/

I also don't hate DAI although you kind of want me to. I wouldn't play a game that I really hate for more than a few hours and I've put more than 80 hours into this game so far. In my world there is much grey between snow white and raven black. DAI is "nice" but at the same time extremely disappointing and underwhelming because it's so full of inconsistent design and compromises to make the game to appeal to as many people as possible. The result is an enjoyable game indeed. But not a great one and not the great one it could have been. This game will never become a true classic of the genre like Baldurs Gate 2 or even DA Origins I fear. Once the great visuals will got old in a few years the whole game will be "old" as well and few people will still care about it...

Anyway, I guess you will defend DAI to the teeth no matter what. Everyone who criticizes the game is just an "hater" for you. I don't really know why you are such defensive of such a thing like a video game but ok, you're free to do so. But I'm really asking myself if I should take you any serious anymore if you just respond to most of my comments with "you are wrong and I am right" statements without bringing up any arguments of your own to back up your point of view. That makes our conversations quite pointless if you ask me...

Last edited:
That is true. It's missing several things that could have made the game a lot better. First, Origins stories. Someone mentioned before that they thought specific mentions to your background would be enough to replace this if it was significant enough later in the game. Well, it's not. There's no reason that an origin story couldn't have been included for the characters before the big bang at the conclave. Especially with the main story being so short.

Second, the lack of a total ability area in your command wheel like origins for controllers, which is one thing the keyboard and mouse has over it. If you're playing on the controller, you're forced to restrict yourself to eight abilities total, which to be fair is probably enough for a playstyle, but still. It means you'll have unlocked abilities that you're forced to ignore. This restriction, along with the restrictions to tactics, and restrictions to control of your attribute build all makes the combat system feel on rails and shallow, which takes a lot of thought out of the fighting, which isn't good.

I'd just use a keyboard and be done with it... but the controls aren't worth a few extra ability slots being available to me.

Third, no buildup to the final battle and no threat to your resources, castle or men in the way of Mass Effect 3. I was really expecting something like that at the end with all the focus on upgrading and building power, but it was wasted potential.

There's more, but these are the main things for me. The quests I thought they did actually pretty well. Especially certain Character specific sidequests, like Blackwall's, which is my favorite.

---------- Updated at 12:36 PM ----------

Favorite character specific sidequest I mean.

Last edited:
That's indeed the reason and that's not irony. If you don't understand that you obviously don't know how game reviewing usually works and how making mainstream games work. Or you just took the sentence too literally...

I recommend again reading that blog post: https://cmdouse.wordpress.com/2014/11/30/demographics-are-a-bit-like-an-oak-tree-i-guess/

I also don't hate DAI although you kind of want me to. I wouldn't play a game that I really hate for more than a few hours and I've put more than 80 hours into this game so far. In my world there is much grey between snow white and raven black. DAI is "nice" but at the same time extremely disappointing and underwhelming because it's so full of inconsistent design and compromises to make the game to appeal to as many people as possible. The result is an enjoyable game indeed. But not a great one and not the great one it could have been. This game will never become a true classic of the genre like Baldurs Gate 2 or even DA Origins I fear. Once the great visuals will got old in a few years the whole game will be "old" as well and few people will still care about it...

Anyway, I guess you will defend DAI to the teeth no matter what. Everyone who criticizes the game is just an "hater" for you. I don't really know why you are such defensive of such a thing like a video game but ok, you're free to do so. But I'm really asking myself if I should take you any serious anymore if you just respond to most of my comments with "you are wrong and I am right" statements without bringing up any arguments of your own to back up your point of view. That makes our conversations quite pointless if you ask me...

I'm not being defensive and I don't really mind if you like the game or not, I just don't seem to find any issues with the "problems" you say the game has. I'm not going to sit here and argue with you about it, because I'd rather talk to my friends about how I'm enjoying it, because that's more fun for me. I'd much rather be positive than moan about everything I didn't like.

So by all means, stop taking me seriously, disregard my opinion, I really don't mind.

I wonder how long it's going to take for the inevitable "last gryphon" dlc to come out. This is the perfect opportunity to finally ride a goddamn gryphon!

Solas already foreshadowed it! It's coming I tell you!

Only if the Griffins fly will I be satisfied!!!! I want to ride around the Hinterlands on a flying Griffin, shooting lightning bolts at peasants

Only if the Griffins fly will I be satisfied!!!! I want to ride around the Hinterlands on a flying Griffin, shooting lightning bolts at peasants

I'd even be satisfied if it just flew a little and hovered really high, personally. Maybe someone can mod this in? I know they said that it would be hard to mod for Inquisition, but a gal can dream.

So by all means, stop taking me seriously, disregard my opinion, I really don't mind.
Since you've cherry-picked my latest post once again I guess that's what I'll do in the future...

sigh the hate boner against DA:I is so silly.
Just remember it was you who answered one of my post like that. That doesn't sound like somebody who doesn't care about what I say. ;)

Well, I think forums like this one are primarily there to give feedback to the devs. Criticizing other (similar) games in both positive and negative aspects is a valuable thing and not just "moaning". If CDPR really listens to the community we should clearly voice what we enjoy in games and what not and we should try to find good arguments for our concerns. If you only want to talk with other people about how great DAI is I recommend doing so on the Bioware forums since it's much more likely to find likeminded people there who don't criticize the game too much (or your real friends if your prefer that). I certainly won't stop talking about bad aspects of DAI here just because it unsettles you for whatever reason. And forgive me that I don't enjoy it to be called hater just because I disagree on a topic with you. I hope you'll understand that, on a last note.

Last edited:
Anyway...

I saw this on tumblr

who the fuck would ruin the lore SO badly just to have their female inquisitor be able to fuck Dorian? Ugh people who disregard character's sexualities like this are really disrespectful to writers, especially since Dorian being gay is a pretty big point in his characterisation?

It's like people who want mods to make Vivienne white. Ugh.

People want to make Vivienne white? Are you kidding? Just like that shit with Isabella. God people are fucking terrible.

And I wouldn't change Dorian for anything. The guy's awesome.

---------- Updated at 02:24 PM ----------

Though with Isabella, at least they had the excuse of her looking white in Origins. No such excuse with Vivienne however, unless being a little shit is an excuse.

Ugh yes I saw a yt playthrough where some made Isabela white and blonde.... god I hate those people so much. And it must be so horrible for Gaider considering he's gay himself and the first gay character for DA he gets to write, people are trying to mod him straight! And to even ask for a straight mod? Just noooo

Top Bottom