Dump Yen before going to Triss?

+
Dump Yen before going to Triss?

Hello, I was just wondering, if that's possible. To go to Skellige, do quests there, and then return to Novigrad and meet Triss. Or the quest line wont allow that?

sv3672

Forum veteran
Yes, you can do that, Now or Never and even A Matter of Life and Death can still be played after beginning Ugly Baby, they only fail when you enter The Isle of Mists.

Or, if you meant completing the Skellige main quest line (and optionally The Last Wish) before even Pyres of Novigrad, that is possible, too. Some dialogues, like in Count Reuven's Treasure, even react to this order of playing the quests, although it is only a minor difference.

Last edited:
Thank you, I will try that, then.

But keep in mind that when you are in Skellige and doing Last Wish quest,
DON'T tell Yen that you love her or you'll end up romancing both ladies. You can complete Last Wish just fine without telling Yen that you love her.

I'm not totally sure about this ones romance affects, but it might also be wise to avoid
kissing Yen when you are with her in the room that fills up with poison gas.

Last edited:
Yes, you can do that, Now or Never and even A Matter of Life and Death can still be played after beginning Ugly Baby, they only fail when you enter The Isle of Mists.

Or, if you meant completing the Skellige main quest line (and optionally The Last Wish) before even Pyres of Novigrad, that is possible, too. Some dialogues, like in Count Reuven's Treasure, even react to this order of playing the quests, although it is only a minor difference.

The Last wish is pretty early on in Skellige isn't it? so if you just went to skellige to do that and get it out of the way and then went back to novigrad would you miss anything or fail anything? is it only if you start isle of the mists quest that you miss and fail things? Just want to double check before I did something like that(if those are the only two that you mentioned that I need to be aware of or if there's more) because I've noticed in my second playthrough I missed a couple things so far.

Last edited:
DON'T tell Yen that you love her or you'll end up romancing both ladies. You can complete Last Wish just fine without telling Yen that you love her.

Yep. I did this and my playthrough including both expansions was so long ( over a few months) that I forgot what I had done.

So no Triss or Yen at Corvo Bianco. Forever alone... :(

sv3672

Forum veteran

Also, skipping The Last Wish has the same effect as completing it with no romance.

I'm not totally sure about this ones romance affects, but it might also be wise to avoid
kissing Yen when you are with her in the room that fills up with poison gas.

It makes no difference to the ending, but it can lead to a sex scene.

The Last wish is pretty early on in Skellige isn't it? so if you just went to skellige to do that and get it out of the way and then went back to novigrad would you miss anything or fail anything? is it only if you start isle of the mists quest that you miss and fail things?

Act 1 main quests can be done in any order, but of course ideally when they are at a "green" level. The Last Wish fails (and defaults to no Yennefer romance) when you begin Ugly Baby, while most other secondary quests (including those related to romancing Triss) only fail when entering The Isle of Mists.

Yep. I did this and my playthrough including both expansions was so long ( over a few months) that I forgot what I had done.

So no Triss or Yen at Corvo Bianco. Forever alone... :(

At least Ciri is there. :) Although it can be changed (on PC) with a few console commands to see the other Corvo Bianco endings, as shown in this post (to change the "three to tango" ending, remove only one of the romances).

I just wanted to romance Triss having broken up with Yen before.. As he was under a spell, any romance wouldn't be so bad done before The last wish quest. :)

So, go for it. The game allows it, and it makes a whole lot of sense, roleplay-wise.

The only minor issue is that doing things "out of order" means that you won't get many XP for some quests that normally give quite a lot of XP, because you outlevel them now. And that you can't really romp about in Skellige as usual, given that some monsters will be in the somewhat scary level range for you during your premature visit of the isles. No biggie, really.

From my experience, there are two things that feel bad/are bad about it (now that I have tried it):
1) Dumb look on Geralt's face when he says he doesn't feel the same, as the magic's gone. Could have played that better. Not to mention that it was harsh for Yen..
2) Listening to Priscilla's song about Yen and Geralt after having broken up with Yen..

Last edited:
Top Bottom