E3 2019 & post-E3 2019 - Media News & Previews

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
So, V can smoke cigarettes, confirmed?
We've seen it before in the 2018 trailer but this screen looks like actual gameplay graphics.

I really like the bike but it looks very "customized" (but not by us) with all these stickers, I hope we can get a clean version of it if we want...
(or even better choose to put our own stickers)

Here is another article about the hardcore mode, and difficulty in general.
The game will feature a difficulty slider that starts at Just the Story, and ends with Death March. But there will also be a version out there for the masochists and those who want the most immersive experience: a Hardcore mode that will disable the entire user interface.

Difficulty adjustment and multiple ways people can play the game is a core component of CDPR's Cyberpunk strategy. Along with the difficulty slider which will adjust elements such as enemy health, intelligence, and attack damage, there will also be weapons catering to those more interested in story progression rather than min-maxing their character.

Sounds pretty similar to the Witcher 3, except for the hardcore mode.
I agree that just removing the HUD doesn't need its own mode if it can just be achieved with settings (and it really should be).
The article writers agree as well:
While this all sounds great, we hope that CDPR provides an option to turn off elements of the UI independently of difficulty mode. Interfaces can be so intrusive with tonnes of information to keep track of, that it would be lovely to play an experience that's truly open and free of all the numbers that make modern games possible.

(I think that no HUD = best HUD but that doesn't make me a hardcore gamer. :p )

Cyberpunk in the "Corporate idol with marketing" then.
She earns millions, does some consequence-less provocations and is just about style without much behind (just like that clip where she wears some anarcho-punks patch on her vest, those guys would spit on her...).
If you want some actual "Cyberpunk" bands, I'd tell you to check Atari Teenage Riot / early Alec Empire.
Those guys made riots, actual political rally, etc...

CDPR isnt into politics as far I know. Sure theres lots of anti-politics bands out there, but I dont think thats path they want to walk. My main problem with Gaga remove is that this becomes too masculine, wheres guys, there needs to be hot girls too, almost like UFC, no-one would ever go to see fights if there wasnt hot girs.

CDPR isnt into politics as far I know. Sure theres lots of anti-politics bands out there, but I dont think thats path they want to walk. My main problem with Gaga remove is that this becomes too masculine, wheres guys, there needs to be hot girls too, almost like UFC, no-one would ever go to see fights if there wasnt hot girs.

I don`t think you have to worry about " hot Girls " TW3 had Triss , Yen and lots of random girls to bang . We don`t need Gaga as long as we have Lizzy Wizzy , Alt , Meredith , Misty and lots of random girls to bang .

I don`t think you have to worry about " hot Girls " TW3 had Triss , Yen and lots of random girls to bang . We don`t need Gaga as long as we have Lizzy Wizzy , Alt , Meredith , Misty and lots of random girls to bang .

You sure about this? Western devs doesnt generally like hot girls, its Asians who likes to do them. T-bug and Merideth are just typical "university" girls.

You sure about this? Western devs doesnt generally like hot girls, its Asians who likes to do them. T-bug and Merideth are just typical "university" girls.

I am confident Triss , Yen and even Ciri were hot so i don`t see why we don`t get more in CP2077 . Look at how good Brigitte looks in the Cos Play , maybe T bug and Meredith get a make over / update

Post automatically merged:

1563598829301.jpeg
480 × 480

I always like MS better as a blonde .
1563598829301.jpeg

I agree that just removing the HUD doesn't need its own mode if it can just be achieved with settings (and it really should be).

Oof. It's at least nice that it improves their "intelligence," whatever that means, but the lack of any additional insight into this "Hardcore" mode pretty clearly implies it won't be more than just a UI hide option. And yikes at it boosting health/damage (damage is actually not so bad, since it maybe means V will die faster too, but they should not get a health buff).

Which is not necessarily a bad thing, but I'd have hoped those options would be available to all, regardless of a toggle they make way before the game even starts. I'd also hoped Hardcore mode would have more depth to it.

Oh well.

Yeah. That's still dumb. Imagine playing Dark mode in TW2 with no health bar. Difficulty setting should not be tied to the UI.
In games like Kingdom Come it worked pretty well. Depending on how much effort they want to put into an option of playing the game without interface, the character health getting lower could be represented by subtle changes in animations or not as subtle changes in color pallette and the sound. Level indicators can be replaced by Kiroshi scanner, which assess the threat posed by the enemy by using descriptions instead of numbers (Low, High and so on). Alvin Liu mentioned some corresponding animations representing the amount of damage dealt to enemy, which can replace the damage numbers, plus it can be also represented by enemies getting visibly wounded. Compass and quest markers can be replaced with the good, old map (assuming there will be good enough indication where to go in the dialogue). The only thing I'm not sure about is the ammo count.

Oof. It's at least nice that it improves their "intelligence," whatever that means, but the lack of any additional insight into this "Hardcore" mode pretty clearly implies it won't be more than just a UI hide option. And yikes at it boosting health/damage (damage is actually not so bad, since it maybe means V will die faster too, but they should not get a health buff).
Description from that news was just an general assumption on the part of the person writing that (evidence of that is the fact he still uses the names of difficulty levels from The Witcher 3, which I doubt they will reuse for Cyberpunk). All the info provided by dev so far is that it's going to turn off the UI by default.

Strange I thought the hud was tied to the cybernetics you can get in the game, liken It wasnt just a game aid but their was a lore reason for it. That way you chose the level of hud or the details you wanted from it by the cybernetics you buy.

Last edited:
Pretty standard fare with the difficulties too... more and more HP to enemies and as a HC bonus, removal of crosshairs and the health-o-meters.

...so it goes...meh...

Seeing the airships up there makes me wonder if some quests would take us inside them o_O
I think that a game like cyberpunk as "uniques" opportunities for level design, in particular in missions. Jumping between scyscrapers or going on those AV is something that can go in quest/level design 101 for action games (and CP is action-rpg). I wouldn't be surprised if we'll have those kind of missions, on the contrary I'll be very disappointed if we won't.

exactly what I expected, but I don't buy too much the better AI, it's usually mainly a PR claim. On the other hand, it scares me that only the highest difficulty will have strategically challenging enemies, who will give a too hard time due to their ridiculous high DMG output and bullet sponginess to whoever is not paticularly good with FPS (and I'm quite bad).
Don't know i it's clear...
In TW3 enemies were not smart (bad) and death march was just frustrating (I finished it, but it was very annoying when you needed dozens of hits to kill but only 2/3 to be killed). Let's say that AI improves with difficulty in 2077, we'll have:
-just the story: idiot enemies (not fun) with low HP (good) but low DMG output (bad)
-guns and story: not smart enemies (not fun) with low HP (good) and fair DMG output (good)
-blood and broken bones: smart enemies (fun) with highish HP (start smelling bullet spongies) and fair DMG output
-death march/hardcore: very smart enemies (extremely fun), bullet sponges (awful) and ridiculous high DMG output (frustrating)

The best way would be to add sliders we can choose, at least for AI, so that we can have smart enemies with fair HP and DMG output.

Regarding HUD, I usually agree that no HUD is the best HUD, but CP (let's say sci-fi in general) is the only genre where HUD is part of the lore. I don't see why my cyberware shouldn't work if I have it.

Alvin Liu mentioned some corresponding animations representing the amount of damage dealt to enemy, which can replace the damage numbers, plus it can be also represented by enemies getting visibly wounded.
link? :)

https://translate.google.pl/transla...el-20697/Specials/Das-Mega-Interview-1294046/

And as I said above, the content of the news linked by Draconifors is just a speculation/interpretation from the author of that particular news, instead of something stated by devs. Of course, I'm not saying it won't be like that in the final game, but for technicality sake, let's not treat it as official information.

All we know officially about Hardcore Mode is from the interview linked by dani and all that's been stated in it is just that it will disable UI, nothing less and nothing more in known about it. The names of difficulty levels (taken from The Witcher 3), information about increased damage/toughness of enemies and improved intelligence were just a guess. It's really unprofessional on author's part to not differentiate more between personal interpretation and official information from dev, but what can you do.

So....any news about the release date for the new gameplay trailer next month?Or will this be a cryptic think again?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom