E3 Discussion Thread

+
I don't mind dismemberment with the monsters, but the with the humans it feels slightly off (in so far as torso dismemberment goes anyway)

I hope they leave as it is now or maybe even improve it, it looks awesome. :)

If people have concerns about it, there should be a settings option to disable it.

"slightly off" in what way precisely? Do you mean in an unsettling, not-pleasant-to-see way, or not-likely-to-happen way? Because if we go by the latter, I think that we can find monster dismemberment even less likely, because they tend to be even stronger/thicker hide/stronger bones, tendons...

No no, I just don't imagine medieval fights ending with a complete torso splits, so the "not-likely-to-happen-way". Perhaps they could either eliminate human torso slicing or tone it down so that it happens maybe once every 50 times or something.

Well, I assume some mushy skinned drowners or what have you, could be sliced with relative ease - since it's the silver sword and all.

Plus I think there might be an aesthetics issue with the human torso slicing in there somewhere.

This is not next-gen

This is next-gen

This is not next-gen

This is next-gen

Homework Done, Note the distant objects diference between demo and trailer, and shadows and details, and LIGHTING! All this has nothing to do with the resolution or the bitrate of the video, these are things we can see remindless the quality of the video... I hope you enjoy, and the popping is clearly visible at the start of the ign live demo, close distance LOD, and objects hugely popping, and a few more things animations combat etc etc etc... there you have your next-gen Game. Enjoy it.

Attachments

• the_witcher_3-2395240.jpg
    the_witcher_3-2395240.jpg
    96.7 KB · Views: 27
Last edited:
I hope they leave as it is now or maybe even improve it, it looks awesome. :)

If people have concerns about it, there should be a settings option to disable it.

Nah nah, I'm not being a pansy about it. It's definitely not a deal breaker. It's just nothing something I would expect Geralt to do to a random bandit.

Homework Done, i hope you enjoy, and the popping is clearly visible at the start of the ign live demo, close distance LOD, and objects hugely popping, and a few more things animations combat etc etc etc... there you have your next-gen Game. Enjoy it.

You are aware that it's XBOX ONE footage, compare it to de PC gameplay in the gamespot and you can see a significant difference.

Oh noes, I hope there is very little texture pop in.
The texture pop is my biggest gripe with Watch Dogs. I would assume we would have eliminated that blight by now.

You are aware that it's XBOX ONE footage, compare it to de PC gameplay in the gamespot and you can see a significant difference.

Yeah if the bits of footage and giantbomb session have proven me one thing then it is that TW3 will be a fair bit more gorgeous on pc and CD Projekt is still a pc dev at hard, which I love.

Nah nah, I'm not being a pansy about it. It's definitely not a deal breaker. It's just nothing something I would expect Geralt to do to a random bandit.
Ye, I see now, along with your former reply, where are you coming from. I just hope they will for example, disable the whole-upper-body-Berserk-style-slice for the let's say, more armor plated enemies and such.

So @samplerico is right, there is quite alot of difference between the pc version demo's and the SoD trailer.

Ofcourse it could be affected by lighting and the quality of the source where the screenshots where taken from.

(Google Translator)
@samplerico

You are comparing the image with a filter sharpening to images without the filter. You can not see the textures in the video of poor quality, because there is no sharpen filter. In contrast, you can see them in the game. Sharpen filter looks awful in the game, but it helps to see the texture in the video of poor quality.

I had the opportunity to see the great quality videos from Gamespot, and I know how big a difference. Video from GameSpot on youtube is much lower quality.

The game graphics of the gameplay is gaining a lot of in an appropriate video quality.

Top Bottom