Enhanced Edition game bugs thread

+
Well, here is the issue guys:The Wolf Medallion carried by Geralt can be "tuned" to detect monsters or magic as you all know.In my experience with the game so far (about 50 hours lets say) the medallion detects montsters no matter what I do.I meditate, tune it do detect magic and as soon as I get back up after 1 hour or more the medallion still detects monsters.Does anyone have the same problem or am I the only one experiecing this?

This big brute is getting on my last nerve. First of all, I can't select him to be able to fight him...even though I have not lost a single match throughout the entire game...so far.Yet, no matter who else accepts my challenge here, this brute gets right into the middle of the floor and interferes with the fistfight. If he gets too much between our two combatants, Geralt's animation changes to the victory animation where he blows kisses...all the while taking blows from the opponent. Yes, I've been able to manipulate him [Geralt] around the room and complete the fighting match successfully. We do NOT need a referee!

I had a bug with opening the tower in the swamp, finishing the chapter (2) but when I went to kalkstien (chapter 3) to receive my reward and experience points he wouldnt talk to me.Had to reload back to chapter 2 (had a save right at the end of the chapter) completed the tower quest but did not go in. Instead I went to kalkstien first then back to the swampand entered the tower. My next bug (not game breaking. Yet) is that the trade center at night doesnt showup on the hud as being dangerous even though kikimoores and salamadras are running around. I cant pull my sword unless I place the cursor on an enemy and I have to pause to select a power. Also the wrong music is playing for that time of day.Instead of the sinister music its "Daytime " music. Like I said not game breaking just slightly frustrating.Im running the Enhanced Version Retail with the Blood patch.

When drunk if you go into attack mode you no longer are drunk, when out of attack mode back to drunk.After clearing the dock site at the swamp of drowners I went back to the Dike and could not find the merchant lavendoeur or what ever his name is. the map showed he was there but he was not.When doing the clear the hooker quest or what ever it was called. where you go to three places at night and save the hookers fromt he bandits/assassins Salamandra's. One time there is only one of them there and if you kill him nothing happens, had to wait the next night to kill three of them to end the quest.Will post more when I find them....

michellembrodeur said:
When drunk if you go into attack mode you no longer are drunk, when out of attack mode back to drunk.
It probably looks as if he's no longer drunk in attack mode because he moves faster and all, but Geralt still suffers some penalties in combat when under the influence of alcohol. :) Or are those absent as well?

well... the title says it all (once again)After a few difficulties patching to EE I'm stuck with the nastiest "bug" : even though I've reinstalled the patch about 6 times successfully, and even made 1 full re-install from the original game one thing remains :The characters that have been "relooked" for EE do not show, more precisely when I download a saved game they appear in their old look but when I change area (for example enter a house and go back outside) they seem to have vanished, but if I stay in the same place I can see the text they're saying (and if I activated the option "always show name" I have their names floating over the place they're supposed to be)I've seen this about Carmen, Jethro and the hairy bear's bartender... besides reinstalling multiple times I've also tried using saved from various version (original to 1.3) and starting over a chapter (and at the start of chapter 2, when Jethro is supposed to give me the witcher sword in a cutscene it was even more shocking : when it was his turn to speak all I had was a black screen and the subtitles)I've also tried modifying graphic settings in every way I could think of... but without any progresses :wall:So well, if anyone encountered anything similar, I'd enjoy feeling a little less lonelyif anyone has got a tip to try improve on the present situation, I'd be gladif anyone knows how to "repair" things and make them work, I'd be delighted(and even, if anyone knows which files I should pick up from an old install and put in an override folder to force the old looks -that I see- instead of the new ones, I'll gladly accept this over having invisible NPCs)

michellembrodeur said:
When drunk if you go into attack mode you no longer are drunk, when out of attack mode back to drunk.After clearing the dock site at the swamp of drowners I went back to the Dike and could not find the merchant lavendoeur or what ever his name is. the map showed he was there but he was not.When doing the clear the hooker quest or what ever it was called. where you go to three places at night and save the hookers fromt he bandits/assassins Salamandra's. One time there is only one of them there and if you kill him nothing happens, had to wait the next night to kill three of them to end the quest.Will post more when I find them....
1. The first one has always been that way for me.2. The icon shows only where the character should be to meet with Geralt. That doesn't mean that the character actually is at that location...at that present time. Try again at a different hour of the day....or night. 3. It could be that the hour of night passed the time of the possible encounters with the others. That makes sense that you'd have to wait until the next night to finish the quest.Although these could still be bugs, I'm not convinced that they are...after going through these ... so far...4 times.

(1) ACT IV.... after Triss teleports Geralt into the Salamandra Cave... somehow everytime after I kill everyone in the first fight you encounter, The game crashes.

Just encountered a new bug in TWEE. (Although, it may have been there all along and no one actually encountered it before.)In the Trade Quarter, in one of the houses (location shown in map below) a Nobleman goes to bed while Geralt searches for loot. The problem is, the Nobleman apparently thinks the bed is along the wall while the bed is actually perpendicular to the wall. The screenshot shows that he's sleeping 'on air'. :) The next screenshot shows the location of the house where this happens. Just note where the green arrow is located.

well... thank you.. I feel much less lonely now (http://www.thewitcher.com/forum/index.php?topic=17731.0)Are you experiencing this only for the innkeeper or is it the same for Carmen and Jethro (or any other character that have a new look in EE) ?You can see on my post the unsuccessful attempts I have made at solving this, if you have any other idea what might cause this or if you find a solution please post it or PM me :beer:

FIXED : I completely uninstalled everything The Witcher (inc. saves, directory), reinstalled, ran the EE update again, new game and the reverend is back. No idea why, but it's fixed for me.For me the reverend is invisible. Same thing as above, I can just see his name using ALT. I've tried from previous saves and even started a whole new game and it's always the same.I've been told to empty my data/override directory, but I don't have that directory. I guess that's for mods.I ran across some posts mentioning the TAGES protection system and how it can cause certain people to disappear. I don't think they mean turn invisible though. Anyway, I uninstalled and reinstalled the TAGES drivers, but it didn't help.

Some objects are not throwing shadows. Is this normal? Here's a screenshot:
[/URL]

Sagardlebarbare said:
well... thank you.. I feel much less lonely now (http://www.thewitcher.com/forum/index.php?topic=17731.0)Are you experiencing this only for the innkeeper or is it the same for Carmen and Jethro (or any other character that have a new look in EE) ?You can see on my post the unsuccessful attempts I have made at solving this, if you have any other idea what might cause this or if you find a solution please post it or PM me :beer:
Now that it's been mentioned, I've not been able to locate Carmen in quite some time. I've had no problem with the Innkeeper/s; Vincent, nor Jethro. But, every time I've gone by where Carmen would normally be, I've wondered where she's gone. Even went inside to look for her. I'll have to use the object titles to see if she's there.Bummer!

DyreStraits said:
DyreStraits said:
Now that it's been mentioned, I've not been able to locate Carmen in quite some time. I've had no problem with the Innkeeper/s; Vincent, nor Jethro. But, every time I've gone by where Carmen would normally be, I've wondered where she's gone. Even went inside to look for her. I'll have to use the object titles to see if she's there.Bummer!
actually I haven't played to many other locations since I noticed that bug, I've tried to fix it and returned to the characters I've mentionned... each time to see I failed... I will try a few of my old saved games to look after the reverend, Triss and a few other key NPCs I'll post the resultsBTW I've never seen multicolored drowner since I patched to EE so I think that also is related to this "bug"at first I thought it was only linked with the characters that had modified appearance between 1.3 and 1.4, but I'm no longer sure about that...anyway personnaly I'd be fine even with the old looks... anyone knows how to extract to previous textures for those guys from the previous files (I kept a copy of my full The Witcher folder before upgrading), I'd like to try and see if the previous look would show after such a modification (putting those files in an override folder), even if it's not fixing the bug at least it would make the game playable again

I just installed the EE patch and the English voice pack and now i have this strange problem with the graphics. the settings are on high. does anyone know if i can do something about it without reinstalling everything? :(this is how it looks:http://img89.imageshack.us/my.php?image=witcher2008092716381071jx8.pngand another bug i have, but i had that one already before EE but i didn't have it the first 2 times i played the game: at the end of act1 alvin is in a cave and asks you to follow him and break a wall but the wall won't break :s i'v tried everything but nothing seems to work, even if i replay a few quests before i get there, i still get that bug again. greetz.

I just got a bug, not sure if its EE or Witcher in general, was attacked when i was sitting down at fireplace, color of screen changed to dark tint, but i was forced to stand up, color has not gone back to normal, and after resting I was assaulted by about 20 different monsters. and resting to even noon will not fix color. Screen Shot By MyAtomicGard3n

SOLVED : take out this mod : http://www.thewitcher.com/forum/index.php?topic=9822.0(or wait for it's author to update to EE)because it's a mod that's not located in the Override folder I never thought of deleting it... do it and the game works fineit just leaves the blurry effect in "low" resolution ( I play in 1024x768 ) to be fixed

I had the same texture problem, but only when playing the game as any other character than Geralt. All the other in-game models displayed fine, except for my main character.I resolved the problem by slightly lowering the brightness in the color correction option tab of the nvidia control panel.I hope this helps.NVIDIA 8800GTS 640MB2GB RAM

Didn't look to see if this has been addressed, so feel free to relocate or delete as necessary. I have the Digital Download EE version of The Witcher, And I've noticed that there are severe texture problems with at least the dryad skins and the devourer skins. It seems to depend on lighting so Im not sure if its just the textures, but they take on a strange polygonal two tone sort of veneer. I'll upload screenies when i get a chance, but if anyone has encountered this problem before please let me know if there is a solution or if its my stupid video card. I'm runnin on an HP pavillion laptop with an Nvidia geforce 8600m, and have had problems with compatibility in other games, but the rest of the witcher runs fine. any info would be greatly appreciated.

Top Bottom