Enhanced Edition game bugs thread

+
In Act 1, if I could out drink drunkard in tavern. I will receive monster book.In Act 2, if I could out drink boozer in hairy bear inn. I will receive Wives' Tears formula.The problem is that I can't receive the prize in Act 2 if I've already drunk with drunkard in Act 1.He will keep saying I've already got the prize but that's actually the first time I drank with him. They're totally different NPC with different model too. So I think this is a bug.Does someone also experience this?

This has happened to me on a couple of playthroughs. It's repeatable.A ghoul sometimes spawns next to the abandoned house outside the Inn. If you leave the Inn and Vesna Hood is outside being confronted by thugs, it is possible that the ghoul will attack the villagers who are threatening Vesna.Sometimes this can KILL Vesna before the cutscene begins.What happens is that Geralt will approach the gathering of thugs (who are mostly dead) and the cutscene will begin. However, since Vesna is dead, the cutscene will never actually begin, and Geralt will stand there, stuck in the cutscene for eternity with no way to escape.

OK am playing enhanced edition and am half way through chapter 3 and am finding that Vincent cut scene is not starting. What is worse, if I enter the House of Triss, the Chapter 3 intro movie plays (again) and afterwards the game descends to a black screen - sorry if this has already been posted, but any solutions. In short, i have already stated chapter 3 and have completed many quests but cannot seem to progress, and have to stay away from the house of Triss for some reason, as it just starts the chapter over again and after that, nothing?

Ok, i upgraded The Witcher to the EE just today, i was looking forward to finally end this game, and then...Chapter V, i get to the Old Manor area but no De Wett! I go forward, there is mutant Rayla and then... nothing. She talks to me but won't attack.Also, Azar Javed is there, red-named but can't attack him (all misses). All i can do is speak to rayla (keeps repeating the same line) or knock down Javed with Aard (funny, but i want to goon with the game).Any clue? Is this a major bug of the EE?

Very minor, but I thought I'd best report it anyway - I'm playing with Polish dialogue and English subtitles, and the subtitles for incidental lines of dialogue (i.e. not in a proper conversation) appear above the head of the speaking character, which is nice. Anyway, during the Prologue in the laboratory just after the scene with Leo and the Professor/Magister, Vesemir says something after a while and the corresponding over-head subtitle is 'NOT_USED'.

Hi, so I've noticed a few minor things over the last few days. I'm playing with the Enhanced Edition North American retail version, not the patched original release. For reference, I have a Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium with the latest drivers, using the unofficial EAX fix.I was strolling around in the Vizima Sewers and noticed that the waterfalls/fountains/etc. don't play any sort of sound effect. I'm not sure if this is a known issue, but it's really strange to see that running water not making any noise at all. The rest of the ambient noise seems fine.The innkeeper in the New Narakort Inn who gives you the wyvern contract in Chapter III seems to have a new voice actor for the Enhanced Edition (or at least re-recorded dialogue), because when you ask him about the contract, his voice changes very noticeably (assumedly to his old dialogue) for one line. Speaking of voice acting, I've also noticed that some other lines in the game (not many, but a few) are significantly louder and quieter than the rest (especially Geralt). Again, I'm not sure if this is the result of mixing and matching old and new dialogue, but it's very distracting.Finally, while I have the unofficial EAX fix installed and EAX enabled, I hear very little impact. The game sounds great, but it doesn't sound significantly different either with EAX enabled, which is quite strange. Voices in the Vizima Sewers, or various caves, for example, don't have any sort of echo effect or some such that you would expect. Is this normal, and the difference is just really subtle? I have some expensive headphones so it's not a matter of poor speakers, and EAX works very well and very noticeably in other games.

I have experienced kind of bug recently, when trying to get 3 red meteorite sword in Ch.2. When I asked for one from dwarven blacksmith in Vizima (Temple Qtrs) bringing him 3 red ores, he made one but left me 1 ore in inventory. I was surprised, but 3 red meteorite I obtained looked genuine ;-). However, before I left I talked to him again, and suddenly the remaining ore disappeared.I do not know, if that "glitch" could be related to the fact that I have 4 red ores in total, but before visiting the blacksmith I left one in Hairy Bear inkeeper's depository.

Guest 2083357

Had this bug too with any other blacksmith and any other 3 identical components.

I've got a strange bug in temple sector in act I. I have assassins appearing at night which is ok, and I can kill them, but they bodies don't disappear and if I enter and house and come back out again, they appear full health but dead on the floor. To make matter worse, they also appear at day time, but I cannot attack them and NPCs which I need to talk to are frozen in that scared pose and I can't talk to them. Any fix? :(

agentgraves said:
I've got a fairly major bug in that I'm in the village outside Vizima, and I can't get any of the ingredients growing around the village to show up. I can see them there, but my mouse goes right over them without even a name for it if I have in my listings or even Ingredient Unknown for the unknown ones. This has basically stopped me in my tracks since I can't mix up any potions therefore I can't get too far. Is there anyone else who has had this problem or does anyone have any ideas on how to fix it?
Yeah I have this exact problem, I got abigails quest to pick the white myrtle, I bought her plant book (I have a white myrtle alchemy entry in my journal) and I still can't pick anything, nothing shows up. I'm playing the EE Now, I played the original alot and had no problem with this before. Even though I'm running the EE the graphics and townspeople dont seem to have changed at all, nor the dialogue so I dont know whats going on. If I reinstall is it better to go from orignal to 1.4 or is it better to patch each step?

This problem has already been posted in the Act 3 section of the forum, but as it seems it's a real bug, I write a new post here.The bug is with the end of the quest : All of the King's Men in Act 3.I won't spoil the story but at the end of this quest, you have to enter a precise house. It's clearly marked on the map and most players don't seem to have a problem entering.The bug is that for some reason, I (and others unlucky ones) can't open the door. It's written "locked" and that's all.Any idea ?Update : it seems this bug is only with the Enhanced Edition.

The bugs I am seeing are:1) Crashes frequently on EXIT only: Vista 64 with Catalyst 8.10 and latest X-Fi drivers.2) Turning on EAX results in NO SOUND regardless of Alchemy or drivers versions/settings.

I did play EE after I finished original game and was very surprised at the launch ;DDespite it has nothing to do with O2T I just decided to share.

Attack animations for the third level steel strong style, and some dodge moves in silver styles are bugged, some end abruptly, and some freeze for a second or so. Does anybody have that problem??I installed a fresh copy of the original Witcher, then applied the EE patch.These are the animation sequences, you can check them in D'jinni:1hs_lvl3_1_s1hs_lvl3b_1_d1hs_lvl3b_1_s1hs_lvl3e_1_ssvg_cjumpfbsvg_lvl2b_1_dsvs_cjumpfbThose are the very obvious ones, there might be others i missed, i didn't check thoroughly.

If this thread is in the wrong place, I would appreciate a moderator moving it to an appropriate place. With that in mind, on to business: There are bugs with the quests Force Recon (Chapter 2) and The Wyvern Contract (Chapter 3).The Force Recon problem is described in great detail here. The savegame is still available.The Wyvern contract has a minor bug: The New Narakort innkeeper does not actually take the requested 3 wyvern meat slabs from you upon quest completion and you never get the messages "Wyvern meat given to innkeeper" and "The Wyvern Contract given to innkeeper". You do get the 200 orens, the quest will be completed and marked so in the journal, but the wyvern meat does not vanish from your inventory. The contract does, though.I figured I might as well report that too, because unexpected, nonstandard behavior like this is annoying and sometimes there might be something more serious related to such seemingly minor behavior.

DaveC67 said:
OK am playing enhanced edition and am half way through chapter 3 and am finding that Vincent cut scene is not starting. What is worse, if I enter the House of Triss, the Chapter 3 intro movie plays (again) and afterwards the game descends to a black screen - sorry if this has already been posted, but any solutions. In short, i have already stated chapter 3 and have completed many quests but cannot seem to progress, and have to stay away from the house of Triss for some reason, as it just starts the chapter over again and after that, nothing?
tried any older savegame?

DarkForce256 said:
DarkForce256 said:
I've got a fairly major bug in that I'm in the village outside Vizima, and I can't get any of the ingredients growing around the village to show up. I can see them there, but my mouse goes right over them without even a name for it if I have in my listings or even Ingredient Unknown for the unknown ones. This has basically stopped me in my tracks since I can't mix up any potions therefore I can't get too far. Is there anyone else who has had this problem or does anyone have any ideas on how to fix it?
Yeah I have this exact problem, I got abigails quest to pick the white myrtle, I bought her plant book (I have a white myrtle alchemy entry in my journal) and I still can't pick anything, nothing shows up. I'm playing the EE Now, I played the original alot and had no problem with this before. Even though I'm running the EE the graphics and townspeople dont seem to have changed at all, nor the dialogue so I dont know whats going on. If I reinstall is it better to go from orignal to 1.4 or is it better to patch each step?
Does either of you have the Herbalism talent from the intelligence ability tree? You need that to be able to pick plants, even if you have journal entries for them. If you don't have it, everything is as it should be. If you have herbalism and still can't pick plants, then it's a real bug.

All to typical dialog bug: As DangerWeld said about the Order Armorer and his Assistant, they “...were happy to see me and let me shop, since Siegfried spoke so greatly of me.” Well, later I go back, and am refused service. What stopped me in my tracks; the Order Armorer’s Assistant actually said, “…I’ve not heard of you!” Guess they’re using too much lead in there solder.And if this is suppose to be caused by Siegfried's reaction to being turned down, I have to ask: 1. Is Siegfried actually so clueless as to ask a Witcher to join the Order? 2. Was Siegfried always this petty, or is it a sign that he’s starting to crack under the strain?

Nonsuch said:
All to typical dialog bug: As DangerWeld said about the Order Armorer and his Assistant, they “...were happy to see me and let me shop, since Siegfried spoke so greatly of me.” Well, later I go back, and am refused service. What stopped me in my tracks; the Order Armorer’s Assistant actually said, “…I’ve not heard of you!” Guess they’re using too much lead in there solder.
if you side with the non-humans ( in some quests ) you can't talk with Order staff anymore ;)

Top Bottom