[EPILOGUE] Alvin's identity

+
[EPILOGUE] Alvin's identity

There should be a forum dedicated to discussing the plot and issues presented in the witcher.. not 'per chapter' daughter forums.. (and if there is and i missed it, move that post there :))So in the end we learn that Jaques was wearing a magic dampening amulet all that time.And he did some magic that was more or less amazing, like alvins teleporting, even while wearing an amulet that is supposed to completely obstruct any magicians ability to use magic... Now alvin is wearing a medallion just like that..And Geralt taught Alvin (at least the way I played) that he has a gift, and that he should use it to do good things and be master of his own fate..I can't help but wonder if many years ago, Jaques was exactly like Alvin, and therefor, what is Alvin going to end up as?We pretty much know that Alvin is going to be an immensely powerful figure in the world if he survives long enough.Is it possible that he'll be the next Jaques?

(sorry, posted it in the wrong forum at first)So in the end we learn that Jaques was wearing a magic dampening amulet all that time.And he did some magic that was more or less amazing, like alvins teleporting, even while wearing an amulet that is supposed to completely obstruct any magicians ability to use magic... Now alvin is wearing a medallion just like that..And Geralt taught Alvin (at least the way I played) that he has a gift, and that he should use it to do good things and be master of his own fate..I can't help but wonder if many years ago, Jaques was exactly like Alvin, and therefor, what is Alvin going to end up as?We pretty much know that Alvin is going to be an immensely powerful figure in the world if he survives long enough.Is it possible that he'll be the next Jaques?[MOD] Keep the spoilers out of the topic please

From another thread I just posted in:"Alvin is the Order Grandmaster, his powers included time travel, and he grows up to be the Grand Master ( As someone mentioned the things you say to Alvin seem to have some outcome on his final speech. ) you can tell because he wears the same pendant given to him to as a child ( When you see him as Alvin. ) that the Grandmaster is holding when you kill him. It's either said in game or in the item description that it looks older, supporting the whole "time travel" thing."

Yes, DEFINITELY keep spoilers out of the title. :mad:(Thankfully I've already finished the game or I would have needed to send assassins to your home.)

Makes sense, the time travel thing! :)Considering Jaques had the medallion, then it must have been that old alvin time-travelled back through time to help people out after he knew for a fact that the prophecy is going to come true..probably having been there himself when it happened (the long life of a source), he then went back in time to try and protect people from it..Guess humanity would have to settle for witchers protecting it in the exodus south?

hi, also thinnk that Jaques is alvin but in the future ^^ and i think the one who attack king foltest in the outro , is geralt in the past form ^^

the one who attack king foltest in the outro , is geralt in the past form ^^
Geralt doesn't have Elder Blood, he doesn't time travel. The Mutant in the outro is a Witcher ( look at the eyes. ) suggesting that at least one ( almost certainly more ) of the Salamandra experiments were nearly successful. i.e. They were trying to make Witchers to protect the mass exodus south, and it seems it worked on some people, though most just mutated entirely.

Even if the mutation succeeded it doesn't explain how he fights as well as geralt.. geralt was trained for years and years in witcher combat.I think it was a 'lost' witcher school person.If witcher2s story is about an army of cloned witchers then I'm writing it off as a storytelling failure already..

Come on. I can't believe no one else has wondered if Jaques isn't actually Alvin. We don't see him after he teleports away in muddy waters. Triss even says she thinks he has the power to time travel. He's wearing a medalion just like Alvins exept older, just like he'd been wearing since Alvin age. Jaque is Alvin just, older and he's changed his name.

Lightzy said:
Even if the mutation succeeded it doesn't explain how he fights as well as geralt.. geralt was trained for years and years in witcher combat.I think it was a 'lost' witcher school person.If witcher2s story is about an army of cloned witchers then I'm writing it off as a storytelling failure already..
It's a cut scene, it doesn't have to make sense. For example if the Geralt i built saw that happening I'd have used Aard, then igni like 8 times and it'd been over in a few moments. I doubt it was a "lost" Witcher since they wern't making anymore apart from the guy who dies in the prologue, and he wasn't a full Witcher even then.Witcher 2 wouldn't be about "cloned" Witchers, it'd be about a whole new breed of Witcher, with their own agenda etc. etc.

"Lost" or "unknown" Witcher school seems most likely. Even if Salamandra did have success creating a perfect mutant like Geralt, they wouldn't have had enough time to train him to fight like Geralt. Being super fast is one thing - but you need time to learn using that advantage in combat - and the guy was (almost) as good as Geralt, otherwise Geralt wouldn't have needed the coin-bag trick. So I think there's a group of people out there that are able to do the witcher mutations - but they train their people with short swords/daggers and not long swords. Perhaps you can't call them "Witchers"...And that Alvin = Grandmaster is imho very likely. He's got the same amulett and he afaik he says some things that you told Alvin earlier, for example that his powers are a gift. And the King of the Wild Hunt tells you, that you knew him with another name. Makes sense, imho.

Yes thought that myself, Jaques is Alvin or Alvin became Jaques depending on the what choices Geralt taught Alvin. Then to add to the confusion perhaps Geralt is attacked by Geralt in the final cut scene .....but by the Geralt that taught Alvin all the wrong things that made him Jaques. Who then sent this Geralt back in time to kill the good Geralt so he wouldn't kill Jaques. Now if I could only figure out where the good Alvin is. ;D

Let's try to analyze the assassin vid.That assassin looks like he's from the South, possibly meaning Zerrikania. Meaning that maybe Azar had time to send the secrets to his own country (otherwise it wouldn't have made sense for him to go and look elsewhere). One thing why this can be true: we don't know how much time it takes Geralt to travel up to that tavern near Vyzima. So they could've taken their 1337 southern assassins and mutated them and even trained them a little to use their new witcher skills. The reason why this assassin failed isn't only because of the coin trick (it was just a smart move on Geralt's part), but maybe also because of inexperience.He fights with two short blades, which is not the way of witchers, again suggesting the South as the source of the threat (stereotypes dictate that southern assassins love claks and double-wielding ;D )...however, under the cloak, you can clearly see the belt with potions. Looks like we're in for some fights with real opponents at last._________There can be no doubt Alvin is the Grandmaster.When Alvin talked to me in Act 4, he told me that he had visions, and they were disturbing him. I chose the following answer: "This is a gift, and you must use it for the good of all people" (or something similar). In the final conversation with the Grandmaster, he repeated the exact same words.Also, when you first get out of Old Vyzima, he approaches you for the first time and in the end says "thank you", with Geralt clueless about the reason. To us players however it all becomes quite obvious.

People who didn't finish the game and read this topic-name will be very very grateful to you.Jaques = Alvin? DEFINITELY.Here are the evidences:
Daryl said:
The grandmaster acts like he knew Geralt for a long time when he first saw him, and said that he had repaid Geralt's debt in Act 5 in the swamp, and this hints that he is talking about when Geralt saved Alvin back in Act 1.Triss mentioned that Alvin might have teleported to another place or time when the elves are fighting in that village in chapter 4. (more below)The Grandmaster did try to change Geralt's mind until the very end in the epilogue, instead of blasting Geralt back to witcher school when Geralt meets him in the final battle.And, the last, and most obvious hint is when Geralt pointed out about the amulet that the Grandmaster wore is similiar to Alvin's, just that it had seen its years. AND, the fact that Geralt mentioned that Jacques might not be the grandmaster's real name.
There are even more evidences.

I'm inclined to believe that is a dramatic coincidence that illustrates people taking Geralt's principles and interpreting them in different ways.I don't see the Alvin to Grand Master link.

Link006 said:
I'm inclined to believe that is a dramatic coincidence that illustrates people taking Geralt's principles and interpreting them in different ways.I don't see the Alvin to Grand Master link.
When I read this thread after my first playthough I wasn't at all convinced.Alvin and Jacques are both sources right, so why wouldn't they both have the dimeritium necklace / amulet thing?I've just finished second (and last) playthrough and I've changed my mind. Not saying that I'm necessarily right but I now think that JdA = Alvin (or at least that the possibility is a deliberate teaser). My reasoning is as follows:1. At end of act IV Alvin disappears never to reappear...somewhat strange given that a large chunk of the game up to this point has been about looking after the little toe-rag2. Having shown a predisposition for playing "hang the elf" in Murky Waters, Alvin's last moments in the town involve being held captive by non-humans...I reckon he peed his pants and was so ashamed that he established a deep loathing for beards and pointy ears3. Triss mentions more than once that Alvin is so powerful that he could travel in time4. The "your debt is paid" thing (mentioned by a previous poster) said by JdA in the swamp5. (and the clincher for me) some dialogue in the ice realm at the end where JdA says something like "you always said my abilities were a gift to be used for the good of others"...well this was a dialogue choice for Geralt when talking to Alvin in Act IV.What do you say?

Top Bottom