Favorite Chapter in W2

+
Favorite Chapter in W2

I don't know if there has been a poll about this before (I searched in the forums and didn't find any). Anyway, I'm curious to know: "Which chapter was your favorite in the Witcher 2, and why?"

In my opinion:

Chapter 1 reminds me of the Witcher 1. It is beautiful, well written and designed, it all makes sense, you feel like a Witcher. The scoiateal, Loredo, Roche, Geralt's friends, Lobinden, the outpost, the Kayran... I find it the best chapter, there's harmony in everything. (Dunno if I described what I think the right way)

Chapter 2 goes way off. You get into politics, and start doing numerous quests that all FEEL the same. I didn't feel like a Witcher. And it did not really have the right "atmosphere" like in the first chapter. Especially in Iorveth's path. About Roche's path, although it is dark and you feel more like a witcher, it is really boring. Not much to do, and it feels like CDPR made the Iorveth path first and then made Roche's path as an alternative. It doesn't feel alive. (Also don't feel like I really DID explain how I feel about it :p/>/>/> )

Chapter 3 is very interesting. That's what makes it beautiful :)/>/>/> (I really suck at this :p/>/>/>)

Soooooo, my vote goes to chapter 1!!! And thanks for having the patience to read that.

Actually, chapter 2 on Roche's path is a pure witcher's work - all about doing research, and lifting the curse. The part about Sabrina cult was not just awesome, it was plain terrific. Political stuff does not really play any role in chapter 2. Geralt simply works for Henselt, doing high-level witcher's work. My most favorite chapter of all, on my most favorite path.

Tough call but I'm gonna go with chapter 1 as well. Chapter 2 is a close second.

I just remember feeling like the story was really kicking off and there were all these cool quests and things to do and it was the 1st time that you could explore a bit. The Flotsam forest was beautiful as shit too.

@Vivax, I think he meant politics for Iorveth's path. There are some, just not as much.

I believe I have to go with Roche: Chapter 2. I'll have to disagree with you on it feeling alive. You continue on with either one of you're awesome comrades, and if you choose Roche there's a plethora of great stuff. You get to spend time with Dethmold, Henselt, Ves, Blue Stripes, Odrin, and more Roche. The conspiracy and ritual quests sealed the deal on top of those marvelous characters for me. It also builds a curiosity of Saksia if you choose that path first.

Beestonian

Chapter 2, Iorveth's side.

Staying in flotsam under Loredo or in Henselt's camp both seemed like places with way too much vermin to be comfortable with, and in both chapters I simply wanted to move on. Vergen was a place I felt I could live in for a while - the majority of it's inhabitants weren't complete fucks to each other and there was a feeling of permanency about the location. Going to Vergen was a breath of fresh air, like going to Murky waters.

The detective work done with Henselt wasn't anywhere near the stuff you had to do for Raymond Maarlove, though. Raymond's investigation had more to do with logical conclusions and induction based on character relationships and the autopsy with Shani. I don't know if you could apply the same investigative techniques to a blood curse successfully.

First I thought "Damn, yeah the feeling in chapter one is the best, so Ill go with one." But then I thought about the beautiful town of Vergen, and all the awesome quests and characters, so I thought "Nah, I have to vote for chapter 2". But THEN I thought about chapter 3 and the epic conclusion and the amazing enviroment and Letho and then I decided that all the chapters are AWESOME and I cant choose one in particular. I know, Im hopeless

Yurtex said:
Prologue any one?
But really they all good for me, good and different.

Well if he included that there'd be no competition, for me anyway. The other three are lacking in the "Foltest Department". :p

Edit: Curse you XT9!

Kinl3y said:
Funny how nobody chose Chapter 3 yet. :p/>
I dont consider it a regular chapter, more like an epilogue really.

For me its Chapter 1 because I find it most interesting and I also like to think it is the largest chapter in the game although Im not sure if its actually true.

Henselts camp in the act 2 is too boring and Vergen is too small. I also think its misleading to say that act 2 is different based on your decisions in act 1 since you are in the same general area anyway and the only thing that really changes is the order you visit various locations.

lubo1654 said:

For me its Chapter 1 because I find it most interesting and I also like to think it is the largest chapter in the game although Im not sure if its actually true.

Henselts camp in the act 2 is too boring and Vergen is too small. I also think its misleading to say that act 2 is different based on your decisions in act 1 since you are in the same general area anyway and the only thing that really changes is the order you visit various locations.

True about chapter 2, but it's not all about location. I base my preference on story and events transpiring in each chapter.

lubo1654 said:

So you are saying that because they take place in the same general area they are not different?

There should be a 'can't possibly choose' option for those who can't make up their minds.

I love Iorveth!

er...wait!

I love Roche!

Uh....

I love the Troll!

*sigh*

Every chapter has something unique but probably act 1, I love Flotsam forest and it probably has most content from every chapter.
Also, elves in TW2 are so cool they made me wish I was playing a squirell.

Is it ok if I pick the Prologue? Or the epilogue? In my opinion those options should be allowed and included in the poll.

All the game is fucking phenomenal. Asking me to pick one is like asking me what body part of Monica Bellucci I prefer the most. It's the sum of the parts that make up the whole. And it's the "whole" that I want the most.

Ehem.

But if you put a gun to my head and forced me to choose a specific part of the Witcher 2, I'd probably go with the Epilogue. Why? That last chat with Letho. Yup. One of the most powerful, awesome, real endings I've ever experienced, in any medium. It was just flawlessly executed.

Like I said though, I love the game and its many chapters equally. I know I'm taking the pussy way out but, what can I say :p

NOTE: I'm basing all my opinions on the Iorveth path. Roche's path is of high quality, but I always felt like it was the most immoral fucking thing to do. How some people can argue that's the right thing to do, that's what the "canon" Geralt would do, is beyond me. This is a guy who stood up to the non-humans in Rivia when the pogrom started, subsequently losing his life protecting others, but now all of a sudden he'd only care about himself and clearing HIS name?!

Whatever floats your boat. It's unethical and it certainly doesn't fit my Geralt and his motives. At all.

Top Bottom